+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

pp24

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
Hello Everyone,
Another update. Our test statuses have been updated to Completed. So now, everything on my application is completed, except Oath Ceremony which is still 'Not started'.
I saw on the tracker that there is a column for 'Decision Made'. Is this for when the overall application status changes to 'Congratulations!'? I saw that everyone on the tracker had the same date as their LPP completion date. Just curious if this happens before or after the oath ceremony.
On a side note, my wife's BG and LPP are in progress, but Test is completed. Have there been any other cases where the test got completed before anything else?
Thank you.
I believe it's usually that the test is completed before LPP is.

gp_2020

Oct 21, 2020
I know this won't really change anything, but I just need to vent. It's incredibly frustrating to see how painfully slow this process is and how things seem to be handled in this seemingly "random" way, where some people who apply after others somehow get processed ahead of the rest. I know it's not their fault; it's just the way things are. IRCC really ought to work on improving this process.
careful, comments like these will get you banned here.

snow884

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-06-2017
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
Med's Done....
09-07-2017
LANDED..........
12-09-2019
I know this won't really change anything, but I just need to vent. It's incredibly frustrating to see how painfully slow this process is and how things seem to be handled in this seemingly "random" way, where some people who apply after others somehow get processed ahead of the rest. I know it's not their fault; it's just the way things are. IRCC really ought to work on improving this process.
I often feel the same way but then I think about how I don't really need the Citizenship for anything.

The few exceptions that require citizenship are:
the US TN visa
work for the government
being active in politics

Honestly I think the processing time I mainly determined by random chance.

gp_2020

Oct 21, 2020
I often feel the same way but then I think about how I don't really need the Citizenship for anything.

the US TN visa
work for the government
being active in politics

TN is probably the most popular 'benefit' of Canadian citizenship at the moment

PDChicago

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013

the US TN visa
work for the government
being active in politics

For me and my wife, it is visa-free travel to most countries. Looking at your display icon, I realize that it may not apply to you. But for us, that is the biggest driver for getting citizenship since we travel a lot and getting visas is not only expensive, but a very cumbersome process as well.

gp_2020

Oct 21, 2020
Well if this comment can get someone banned. Then we need to shut down this forum. As well every third comment will be f that nature. The tone of that comment is mild. And there is nothing wrong in being critical. And clearly the process is random.
totally agree. but that is a reality

snow884

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-06-2017
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
Med's Done....
09-07-2017
LANDED..........
12-09-2019
For me and my wife, it is visa-free travel to most countries. Looking at your display icon, I realize that it may not apply to you. But for us, that is the biggest driver for getting citizenship since we travel a lot and getting visas is not only expensive, but a very cumbersome process as well.
yes you are right I havent mentioned this.

that is a very legitimate reason. I am very spoiled in this respect and can’t really imagine what waiting for visa every time you go to the US or EU has to be like.

I hope you get your citizenship soon and can travel with your family.

Reactions: splashyygirl

snow884

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-06-2017
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
Med's Done....
09-07-2017
LANDED..........
12-09-2019
I guess it is. The Canadian job market is kind of slow at the moment, and working in the US seems to be much more attractive in terms of professional opportunities.
Yes. they pay much better in the US. Salaries in Canada are lower from some reason while prices are about the same.

gp_2020

Oct 21, 2020
Yes. they pay much better in the US. Salaries in Canada are lower from some reason while prices are about the same.
the reason is simple - people agree to have lower salaries. Why pay more if there are people who will do it for less amount of money?

twitch

Aug 19, 2016
Hi..new to this forum...please answer someone

Quick question

Just gave the citizens test last week...and passed

Can someone tell me what are the next step now or do I just wait for everthing on my application to show complete

Only citizen ship test and background shows complete

Can someone please tell me what's the next thing to do....do cic send anythibg to the adress....as im in process of moving withing thr city..also if I want to update my adress how do I do it

THANKS IN ADVANCE