CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-09-2019
Received stamped passport with COPR attached yesterday. Good luck to everyone.
May 25th, 2022 outland online applicant

cherylc522

Jun 14, 2020
United States
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
App. Filed.......
30-05-2022
Doc's Request.
27-01-2023
AOR Received.
08-09-2022
File Transfer...
19-06-2023
Med's Request
09-09-2022
Med's Done....
27-09-2022
We received a request for updated forms, background check Last week, we completed those and then we received a request for an interview. Has anyone else had a phone interview requested? What should we expect from that?

RavJas

Jun 2, 2021
Do you mind sharing what kind of documents were requested? Any job details if it's was or a goverment job?
we arw from June 2022 and background is in still progress. I was requested for additional document to update job duties bcz of the gov. Job and document was requested last yeat in Nov. no update after that.

cherylc522

Jun 14, 2020
United States
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
App. Filed.......
30-05-2022
Doc's Request.
27-01-2023
AOR Received.
08-09-2022
File Transfer...
19-06-2023
Med's Request
09-09-2022
Med's Done....
27-09-2022
Do you mind sharing what kind of documents were requested? Any job details if it's was or a goverment job?
we arw from June 2022 and background is in still progress. I was requested for additional document to update job duties bcz of the gov. Job and document was requested last yeat in Nov. no update after that.
They wanted an updated generic application and family information. Spousal sponsorship doesn't ask for job information.

lacpa

Nov 17, 2023
My wife filed for spousal sponsorship outland on may 30th 2022,medals passed, biometrics done and iam stuck on background check since March 30th 2023 but received pre arrival service's in February 2023,all evidence requested by immigration regarding background checks was submitted March 30th 2023,have been writing and only response is we are currently processing ur application,anyone here with same problem?and wat else can I do?

RavJas

Jun 2, 2021
My wife filed for spousal sponsorship outland on may 30th 2022,medals passed, biometrics done and iam stuck on background check since March 30th 2023 but received pre arrival service's in February 2023,all evidence requested by immigration regarding background checks was submitted March 30th 2023,have been writing and only response is we are currently processing ur application,anyone here with same problem?and wat else can I do?
I am June 2022, same situation and I see no help from anyone even I sent an email to Marc Miller about the applications stuck in background check from last year and received a reply back sayinh IRCC has no control over CBSA and CSIS. Very strange

Ajeshola

Jul 17, 2023
What's your VO?

Ajeshola

Jul 17, 2023
I am June 2022, same situation and I see no help from anyone even I sent an email to Marc Miller about the applications stuck in background check from last year and received a reply back sayinh IRCC has no control over CBSA and CSIS. Very strange
What's your VO?

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
Hello everyone,

May 2022 submitted
Received AOR and SA Sept 2022
No updates until May 2023, Request for more documentation
All completed on tracker September 2023
Pre arrival Letter received beginning of September
No CoPR pr PPR.
VO Manila
Mo updates since then.

I would be interested in knowing as well the WhatsApp group for 2022 submissions, is there one?

Good luck to all of us and lets keep each other informed.

Just to elaborate a little:

Ordered Gm Notes
Called MP - multiple times
Manila only can be contacted through Webform ( and usually takes them well over 30 days to reply, that they received your inquiry)

Again, good luck everyone

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
I'm in the same situation. Spousal sponsorship May 2022 and received pre arrival August 2023, since then absolute silence ( you can hear the crickets chirping!). Everything is completed on the portal but stuck in background check. GCMS notes ordered, nothing. MP contacted, No info. Webform submitted, sometimes months later a response with No info. Cant contact the IRCC in Canada, they tell us to contact the VO in Manila, Cant contact the Manila Vo, they tell us because its a Canadian application I have to contact the IRCC in Canada (WOW). so we just sit and wait because there is absolutely no way to get any type of information on our file. The transparency in this process is so great, isn't it?

If anyone has an incite on how to obtain information from the Manila VO, please share. or any outside of Canada VO, it would be greatly appreciated.

Let me know how you are holding up and if you are able to get any info, I'm sorry you are going through this, you are not alone.

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
A very important factor to take in is that I think there’s thousands if not millions of people immigrating from your specific country or area, check the news about the mass immigration in the last 5 years. Maybe order GCMS notes and keep calling to follow up even though calling won’t speed up the process I think.

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
A very important factor to take in is that I think there’s thousands if not millions of people immigrating from your specific country or area, check the news about the mass immigration in the last 5 years. Maybe order GCMS notes and keep calling to follow up even though calling won’t speed up the process I think.
The mass immigration has nothing to do with a spousal application being stuck in process for 2 years. There are thousands of applications that get processed each year within 8 months. The fact is, that some applications get stuck in this ridiculous background check for no reason and just seem to linger there for infinite. I am not talking about a tourist visa or a work visa, and I am not in anyway downgrading the importance of these visa's, I am talking about my husband coming to Canada to live in a country that I have lived my whole life. To actually start a life together as a family, not to just visit .

It seems obvious to me that either your application or a person you know, application, was very easily obtained. Congratulations if this was so. But, I, and many others like me, are very frustrated at the fact that once you are stuck, there is no way to get out of it.

Also, to your comment that thousands if not million of people immigrate from your specific country or area, their are also people who are having the same problem coming from Mexico, Cuba, USA...... the list goes on.

But in saying all of this, thank you so much for your support to all of us, stuck in this situation.

Reactions: nyantaro19