+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 - Citizenship Applications

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
IRCC transparently posted the processing times and told people not to call just to ask for updates because the call agents cant give any more information than what's found in the tracker.
What processing times? that's a standard bureaucratic response. Could be a great response for you or not. Also, if you think that those who call IRCC to ask about processing times are wrong, go complain to the cops. This is a free country. Each to their own.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
It’s not about if it’s within 12 months. If all the completed cases are submitted earlier than mine, I can be very patient, cuz I know I’m still in the line so I can wait. But when your case got stuck for months without any update while you see a lot of later cases getting completed, you will be wondering why? What’s wrong? But apparently they don’t want to give you the answer, and that’s the point at which people start losing their patience. There’s nothing to do with how many months it should take, it’s about consistency and fairness, and thats why I say they need to be more transparent.
call as many times as you want to. No one's stopping ya. I'll take it a step forward - reach out to your local MP if you want answers from IRCC. Everyone's accountable. Make sure you demand what you think is right. For those who tell you you're wrong, they want to do the same sadly but their own twisted sense of morality prevents them from doing so.

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
What processing times? that's a standard bureaucratic response. Could be a great response for you or not. Also, if you think that those who call IRCC to ask about processing times are wrong, go complain to the cops. This is a free country. Each to their own.
Surely, all are free to use any means they like to contact IRCC, but the thing is there was a 12-month processing standard before the lockdown. Currently the processing time is 23 months. So even with clearing the backlog, IRCC has managed to also process most 2022 applicants in less than the standard 12-month timeline. You can look at the spreadsheet and see for yourself. Calling IRCC wouldn't make them process your application any sooner if you are within the timeline. I understand that seeing others with similar application dates already completed can cause anxiety. But the best thing is to remain patient unless one has exceeded the processing time. I'm not trying to dissuade persons from calling, I'm just telling them the reality that they cannot get any information from IRCC calling agents because they themselves do not have the information.

Nov 5, 2015
let people do what they want to. If your argument is that people can be more patient, my argument is that IRCC can be more transparent. It goes both ways.
I'm just respectfully sharing my opinion (because we live in a free country, as you pointed out). People can do whatever they want. That includes ignoring my comments... or yours.

Last edited:

Heline

Jul 25, 2015
Hello everyone.
My oath is scheduled for March 30th and I haven't received an email yet. I also don't have access to the tracker anymore.
Do you know the email address or phone number I could contact? I read that some people never receive the email and miss their ceremony.
Thanks.

akhileshtekchand

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-O
AOR Received.
20-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-02-2020
IRCC transparently posted the processing times and told people not to call just to ask for updates because the call agents cant give any more information than what's found in the tracker.
This has got to be a joke?! You’re asking older applicants who’ve not seen any movement to be patient as more recent applicants take their oath?

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I'm just respectfully sharing my opinion (because we live in a free country, as you pointed out). People can do whatever they want. That includes ignoring my comments... or yours.
Absolutely. But, now that you've replied, are you really ignoring my comment?

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
This has got to be a joke?! You’re asking older applicants who’ve not seen any movement to be patient as more recent applicants take their oath?
Older applicants? This is the May 2022 group so everyone here who hasn't gotten the oath is still within the pre-pandemic standard of 12 months. You can choose to panic and call IRCC every day or just wait patiently till you reach your turn. You had your LPP completed 4 days ago so I suggest you call every 2 hours, then send an email to all IRCC offices in Canada, order multiple GCMS notes, and write to all the MPs IRCC will love you for that.
People forget that IRCC is not just processing only their application, there are other applicants that IRCC still has to go through.

Reactions: albertovalledor

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Totally agreed. I also applied in May 2022 and I'm still waiting for my first update. Nothing's been done on my application since I received my AOR on June 2, 2022. Chill and count yourself lucky that you are at the end of the process. some of us are not as fortunate as you.
For sure someone like you that has a peculiar case of no updates has every reason to call and inquire. I'm talking about those who are so close to the end clogging up the phone lines so that persons who have serious issues cant get a call in

Reactions: albertovalledor

Nono16

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Hello everyone.
My oath is scheduled for March 30th and I haven't received an email yet. I also don't have access to the tracker anymore.
Do you know the email address or phone number I could contact? I read that some people never receive the email and miss their ceremony.
Thanks.
Have you checked your spam mail and the promotions section (if using Gmail)? What's your processing office? I only have the Vancouver office email : WST-CitizenshipClient-Notification@cic.gc.ca

Keep us posted.

superk001

Star Member
Dec 23, 2022
Older applicants? This is the May 2022 group so everyone here who hasn't gotten the oath is still within the pre-pandemic standard of 12 months. You can choose to panic and call IRCC every day or just wait patiently till you reach your turn. You had your LPP completed 4 days ago so I suggest you call every 2 hours, then send an email to all IRCC offices in Canada, order multiple GCMS notes, and write to all the MPs IRCC will love you for that.
People forget that IRCC is not just processing only their application, there are other applicants that IRCC still has to go through.
I don’t think this is an issue of if it’s still within the processing time or not, ircc should at least give people a proper reason why their cases are stuck for months without any update while some of those more recent cases getting completed. People lose patience not just because of the long wait, it’s more of a consistency and fairness issue. They should be more transparent to the applicants.

Reactions: hgspsd8

smalkawi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
For sure someone like you that has a peculiar case of no updates has every reason to call and inquire. I'm talking about those who are so close to the end clogging up the phone lines so that persons who have serious issues cant get a call in
My wife's application seemed to be much slower than mine, I requested GCMS notes and sent them an email and within 2 weeks she got an update with everything completed and days later Oath invite, and the GCMS notes had a copy of the email we sent.. one weird thing in the notes is that they have a record that they sent us a request for police certificate from country of origin and they gave us 30 days to send it, but we never received such request and that police certificate was already provided in the original application..
my guess is they made the request and put the file on hold till we respond and provide the document or something like that and noticed the mistake when we sent follow up or GCMS notes.. because my application had everything completed months before my wife's even though we submitted as family..
so what i want to say is go follow up with them.

Reactions: may2019 and Nono16

Sun_ray

Mar 20, 2019
Hi all,
Finally got my passport today, here is my full timeline:

Office: Scarborough (test), Mississauga (oath)
Method: Online
Application sent: May 07, 2022
AOR: May 16, 2022
Background verification completed: Nov 10, 2022
Citizenship test invite: Dec 10, 2022
Citizenship test taken: Jan 2, 2023
Citizenship test marked completed: Jan 3, 2023
Language, Physical, Prohibitions: Feb 10, 2023
Oath ceremony scheduled: Feb 21, 2023
Oath date: March 2, 2023
Citizenship certificate received: March 20, 2023
Passport application: March 22, 2023
Received passport: March 24, 2023 (express pick up)

Wishing you all the best!

akhileshtekchand

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-O
AOR Received.
20-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-02-2020
ha! I wasn't talking about myself, but thanks for the lengthy and uncalled-for explanation :)

Reactions: firstax