+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 - Citizenship Applications

roddy8

Aug 29, 2019
Even more weird, there has been a 2nd ghost update. But nothing has changed at all.

So first update was when application entered into portal.

June 15th

Ghost Update 1: July 15th

Ghost Update 2: July 21st

Nothing else changed in profile.

Any ideas what's happening?
I got a second ghost update today as well, but then after checking all profiles I noticed that my wife's application changed its background check to completed while mine is still in progress.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I got a second ghost update today as well, but then after checking all profiles I noticed that my wife's application changed its background check to completed while mine is still in progress.
So in my case, my 2 daughters' profiles have not budged since entered into the system on June 15th.

Mine was online and still stuck on April 7th (when entered into the system)

My wife has 2 ghost updates but nothing changes.

Hard to explain

2018cecsep

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Even more weird, there has been a 2nd ghost update. But nothing has changed at all.

So first update was when application entered into portal.

June 15th

Ghost Update 1: July 15th

Ghost Update 2: July 21st

Nothing else changed in profile.

Any ideas what's happening?
I got ghost updates on July 14, and July 21. I am not sure what happened. But I have fingerprints requested on July 6. I suppose mine is RCMP sent the fingerprints to IRCC.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I got ghost updates on July 14, and July 21. I am not sure what happened. But I have fingerprints requested on July 6. I suppose mine is RCMP sent the fingerprints to IRCC.
Yeah, yours makes sense. It probably means fingerprints were received and entered into the system.

Did you get fingerprint request when you were PR? Me and my wife got it when we applied for PR (we were inland). Maybe they have our fingerprints in the system?

Hard to say what the hell is happening.

2018cecsep

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Yeah, yours makes sense. It probably means fingerprints were received and entered into the system.

Did you get fingerprint request when you were PR? Me and my wife got it when we applied for PR (we were inland). Maybe they have our fingerprints in the system?

Hard to say what the hell is happening.
Ye, I had fingerprints requested during PR application. I was surprised they asked me in citizenship application again. It is also weird IRCC sent me the fingerprints email, but it is not shown on the status tracker. The only status showed on my tracker is application filed.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Ye, I had fingerprints requested during PR application. I was surprised they asked me in citizenship application again. It is also weird IRCC sent me the fingerprints email, but it is not shown on the status tracker. The only status showed on my tracker is application filed.
That is one of the weirdest cases I heard. I am very surprised that they requested fingerprints again after asking for them in PR. Maybe I will get a request too.

Maybe I should ask my wife to check her junk folder in case there is an email that was sent but ended up there.

2018cecsep

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
That is one of the weirdest cases I heard. I am very surprised that they requested fingerprints again after asking for them in PR. Maybe I will get a request too.

Maybe I should ask my wife to check her junk folder in case there is an email that was sent but ended up there.
My phone was robbed many years ago. I called the police and filed a report. My name probably showed in some police reports when IRCC did research. But I never committed anything myself. I guess that might be the reason. Definitely check the junk emails because in my case fingerprints request didn't show on either new tracker or old ecas.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
My phone was robbed many years ago. I called the police and filed a report. My name probably showed in some police reports when IRCC did research. But I never committed anything myself. I guess that might be the reason. Definitely check the junk emails because in my case fingerprints request didn't show on either new tracker or old ecas.
Makes sense.

I checked the spam folder for my wife's email and there is nothing from IRCC. Not sure what IRCC is doing, but on the bright side at least the file is being worked upon.

Reactions: Egi_H

roddy8

Aug 29, 2019
So in my case, my 2 daughters' profiles have not budged since entered into the system on June 15th.

Mine was online and still stuck on April 7th (when entered into the system)

My wife has 2 ghost updates but nothing changes.

Hard to explain
hmm, in my case my wife and mine got 2 ghost updates, while only her profile got bg check completed.
my kids profiles haven't changed since they entered into the system as well.

iceman55

May 1, 2022

I believe because of privacy laws they keep the fingerprint results for only a year, that's why once fingerprinted and your application is not decided within a year from then, you'll be asked for fingerprints again.

manu77

May 26, 2022
BG finally completed 21 July. Tracker says it was completed 7 July but the update was only 21 July, l think my husband's BG was only completed 21 July hence the delay in updating my tracker.
Ur test invitation should be next stage within next 2 to 3 weeks..start reading discover canada ahead))

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
hmm, in my case my wife and mine got 2 ghost updates, while only her profile got bg check completed.
my kids profiles haven't changed since they entered into the system as well.
This seems like my case. Maybe it will be like @vakatendeka and get updated in a couple of weeks. Nothing changed in my wife's profile as well except date and nothing changed in kids profile.