+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 - Citizenship Applications

eparker42

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Thank you! Did you marry a nonCanadian? Asking because I did and wondering if updating marriage status in IRCC assists in sponsoring a nonCanadian spouse?

Update: I tried calling IRCC multiple times but no luck! never connected me with an agent as it kept saying similar to "we are experiencing high volume of call and unavailable to answer your call." I gave up and submitted webform
My spouse is a Canadian PR.
Status update is just for your file and it has no relation to spousal sponsorship. But yes, lmk if you find other info around it.

Reactions: rammy

Adnan829

Mar 16, 2023
Hey guys,
My timeline Online single application Scarborough Office
Applied May 02,2022
AOR May 02,2022
Requesting passport gap explaination May 08, 2022
BG check done November 01, 2022
Test requested February 10, 2023
Test Done February 25, 2023
Test Updated February 27, 2023
Ghost Update March 01, 2023
2nd Ghost Update March 02, 2023
LPP in progress

fingers crossed

Reactions: may2019

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
I sent an inquiry email this morning asking for the status of my application and got an email below:

"You are in the queue for a review of your application. Once the review has been completed, your application will be scheduled for ceremony.

You will be able to see the status next week in the IRCC website under your account.

Any further questions, please contact the client services line or check the IRCC website."

Do you think I will hear sth postitve next week?

SCR office/timeline see my signature/test given January 27, 2023

Reactions: rammy and Rorosgurl

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
I sent an inquiry email this morning asking for the status of my application and got an email below:

"You are in the queue for a review of your application. Once the review has been completed, your application will be scheduled for ceremony.

You will be able to see the status next week in the IRCC website under your account.

Any further questions, please contact the client services line or check the IRCC website."

My test was given on December 5th, 2023 but they requested passport copies on December 21, 2023, and then an interview on March 7, 2023, before my LPP ( Language, Prohibitions, and Physical Presence ) were marked complete on the same day of the interview March 7th. We can't see your signature or profile and also can't find your details on the spreadsheet so there's nothing to work with to give you an estimate. You can check the link below to see others' timeline so you can guess when you'll reach the next step

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_KE3Bu3C3gOyEm0mRVcJH9nEA2u2GOhfpUZOckOWmN0/edit#gid=270862106

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
My test was given on December 5th, 2023 but they requested passport copies on December 21, 2023, and then an interview on March 7, 2023, before my LPP ( Language, Prohibitions, and Physical Presence ) were marked complete on the same day of the interview March 7th. We can't see your signature or profile and also can't find your details on the spreadsheet so there's nothing to work with to give you an estimate. You can check the link below to see others' timeline so you can guess when you'll reach the next step

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_KE3Bu3C3gOyEm0mRVcJH9nEA2u2GOhfpUZOckOWmN0/edit#gid=270862106
Following up, I just found your details in June 2022 spreadsheet, You are actually on track based on other applications. Before the pandemic's slowdown, it was a 12-month processing standard for citizenship applications. So you'll be expecting something soon depending on your processing office.

Reactions: koiwa528

Forevergrateful

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018

Who did you send the email to? Is it ab email address? Can you please share? Thanks

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015

Thanks and I have also updated my signature.

For your case, what did they ask during the interview in March?

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Thanks and I have also updated my signature.

For your case, what did they ask during the interview in March?
My interview was very short, just 3 minutes. They just looked at the ID cards I used to apply and asked if I was in Canada. And they said that's it. I thanked them for their work during the pandemic to process the application, the staff told me to expect an oath in 2 to 4 months. I must have really impressed them lol, the greatest surprise was seeing my Language, Prohibition, and Physical Presence complete and Oath email all within a week after the interview. And my oath is on the 29th of this month.
If you ever get an interview I suggest you use all the nicest words you have in your vocabulary, they may just surprise you haha.