+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 Inland Spousal Sponsorship still waiting?

Diana1993

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
I feel you. It is disappointing when I see people from August, September, October and even November getting it.
Had a glimpse of hope in February regarding my OWP when they asked to give my renewed password but radio silence since then.
Well stay tight and pray.

Reactions: JohnnyDamien

JohnnyDamien

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
I feel you. It is disappointing when I see people from August, September, October and even November getting it.
Had a glimpse of hope in February regarding my OWP when they asked to give my renewed password but radio silence since then.
Well stay tight and pray.
Hey Diana, any update on your end?

JohnnyDamien

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
Hello! Not so far. I got a passport request for my OWP application at the end of March and nothing so far on both applications. It is just so weird. Did you hear anything?
Same here, nothing yet. Closing in on 1 year, hopefully we get some news in the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: Diana1993

Diana1993

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Same here, nothing yet. Closing in on 1 year, hopefully we get some news in the next couple of weeks.
By the way did you see that they posted new processing time? It's now 16 months. The only hope I have that I'll hear something is the deadline that they gave me to submit the copy of my renewed passport. I hate this feeling of uncertainty.

JohnnyDamien

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
By the way did you see that they posted new processing time? It's now 16 months. The only hope I have that I'll hear something is the deadline that they gave me to submit the copy of my renewed passport. I hate this feeling of uncertainty.
I saw that, i hope its not accurate. I will keep you posted if i get anything.

Diana1993

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Same. Why would they ask for your passport for the work permit, my understanding is that they send you the work permit by mail.
I'm sorry, I wasn't clear here. They asked for a renewed passport copy, which I submitted along with the initial application the way, my old passport expired in November 2021. You see, they had it to begin with, but didn't bother, sent an ADR letter and put the application on hold till May.

JohnnyDamien

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
Oh wow. I renewed my passport as well and sent them a webform along with the birth certificate of my newborn here in Quebec, never got a reply or anything, I hope i dont get in trouble over this as well.