+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Melodrama

Jun 8, 2021
Hello all,

I received test invite on Nov 24th and passed the test on Dec 4th. Excel was updated.

I skimmed Discover Canada once and did a lot of practice tests for a day long if anyone is interested.

I initially had Nov 12th window start by mistake, but IRCC corrected it to Nov 26 - December 16 window.

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Hello all,

I received test invite on Nov 24th and passed the test on Dec 4th. Excel was updated.

I skimmed Discover Canada once and did a lot of practice tests for a day long if anyone is interested.

I initially had Nov 12th window start by mistake, but IRCC corrected it to Nov 26 - December 16 window.
Received my test email invite, seems like it came from Montreal Office. I thought test was scheduled by local office.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi guys - I took my test today, went good. Just a doubt though, when you take a photo of your ID card, did you take photo of your PR card or other ID card? As they asked for a card with signature, I took a photo of my driver's license.

Melodrama

Jun 8, 2021
Hi guys - I took my test today, went good. Just a doubt though, when you take a photo of your ID card, did you take photo of your PR card or other ID card? As they asked for a card with signature, I took a photo of my driver's license.
I did the same. I don't think they strictly ask PR card and driver's license is your Ontario ID really.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
I did the same. I don't think they strictly ask PR card and driver's license is your Ontario ID really.
By the way, when I log into my tracker page, the status of the test is still "in progress" and I still have the "waiting on you" note. I guess it takes some time to update, did you have the same?

Reactions: Melodrama

Melodrama

Jun 8, 2021
By the way, when I log into my tracker page, the status of the test is still "in progress" and I still have the "waiting on you" note. I guess it takes some time to update, did you have the same?
Yes I would think it would update in 2-3 business days. Lets see.

Reactions: mattjp1

wink

May 25, 2021
When did you receive your test invite?

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Exact date would be good as I see that tracker sheet does not have the dates entered for you.
Oops my bad, I didn't know you wanted to update the tracker. I received the invite on November 19. Took the test on December 05.

Reactions: wink

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Another question: I am going for a four weeks end of year vacation outside Canada. CIC website asks to let them know (web form) if we are leaving Canada for more than two weeks in a row. Probably so that they don't schedule tests/oath when we are away. CIC website also says that if we receive a test/oath invite and we can't attend, we let them know and they will re-schedule. As I just passed my test today, the oath will probably be 3+ months down the line. Should I send the webform anyway? I just wouldn't want a web form to delay the progress of the application.