Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Hi, I applied for citizenship in may 2019 and its been a year now, still no invite for test. I believe this is because of the COVID situation and it makes sense. The question I have is, my PR expires in a few months and what should I do now if I dont test invite before then? Should I apply for a PR extension? Are they even processing PR extensions or are they also getting delayed.

Is there anyone in a similar situation? How'd you deal with it?

Any inputs will be really helpful. TIA.

itwillbegood

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 Jun 2009
Doc's Request.
14 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
7 Mar 2012
File Transfer...
30 Jun 2010
Med's Request
16 May 2012
Med's Done....
8 June 2012
Passport Req..
4 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
8 Nov 2012
LANDED..........
2 Jan 2013
If you are within Canada and do not have to travel overseas, you don't need to worry. The expiry of the PR card does not mean the expiry of PR Status. Your PR Status remains valid unless it is terminated in one of the legal ways.

shankargv

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
it is mind boggling that after being PR for 4+ years, people still don't know the definition of PR.

If you don't travel, you don't need to renew PR card.

if you want to renew your PR card, currently it is 174 days backlog.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace.html
The intent of the question was because I was planning to travel. You're so quick to judge that I don't know the definition of PR, had your fun of belitting someone today? Now go rest.

Thanks for the processing time info though.

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
The intent of the question was because I was planning to travel. You're so quick to judge that I don't know the definition of PR, had your fun of belitting someone today? Now go rest.

To be fair, most people here seem to misunderstand the difference between PR status and PR card and you did say in your post "my PR expires" which isn't a valid statement.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014

then tell me the difference between PR status and PR card? and how either of them expiring can affect the other? and how does that match your question?