+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>May 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Hi guys, just to update u on my application, qualified through Newbrunswick nomination.

May 12- AOR
Medicals- May 20 2019
Biometrics: July 25th 2019

Didn’t really notice any ghost update or might have missed it.

Sent a few webforms/call but all were generic awaiting for a review with the latest response on the 10th of January.

No movement in profile until early this morning UK time.

Today got a Ready for Visa (PPR) email just before noon and account status changed to updated but every other thing still not changed.

VO: Sydney Novo Scotia

Keep your heads up guys and most importantly understand once your file is picked up things can move quickly regardless of agents telling you something hasn’t started yet.

All the best
This is some sort of good news for all of us here...At least someone in Sydney is still working lol

Also good to know that everything can be done in one day or few hours once they pick up your file

Reactions: Mahal03

Mahal03

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
This is some sort of good news for all of us here...At least someone in Sydney is still working lol

Also good to know that everything can be done in one day or few hours once they pick up your file
When I called CALLCENTRE...The agent told me that Eligibility is met and Background, Security and Criminality passed and also the agent did inform me that the file got updated on Jan 7th and on the same day when I logged in my EXPRESS ENTRY PROFILE there was a GHOST UPDATE...So hopefully I should get PPR mail in couple of crossdays..Fingers crossed

Mahal03

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hi guys, just to update u on my application, qualified through Newbrunswick nomination.

May 12- AOR
Medicals- May 20 2019

Sent a few webforms/call but all were generic awaiting for a review with the latest response on the 10th of January.

Today got a Ready for Visa (PPR) email just before noon and account status changed to updated but every other thing still not changed.

Keep your heads up guys and most importantly understand once your file is picked up things can move quickly regardless of agents telling you something hasn’t started yet.

All the best
Congratulations...!!!

Reactions: jyyde

pinolero85

Oct 28, 2019
Nicaragua
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

May 12- AOR
Medicals- May 20 2019

All the best
Congratulations!!

Just out of curiosity. Was there anything on the reply you received on January 10th that made you think that PPR was that near? I'm curious about how accurate is the information they give you in response to webform inquiries.

drew123

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019

Hi, have you tried requesting for GCMS notes? I did request the first one and received it around August or September. Then requested another one and received it on 1st week of December, unfortunately, nothing has changed within those period. :(

I also did a web inquiry, received a response on January 3rd, they are still verifying my eligibility, the security background verification has not been initiated, The criminal background verification is in process.

Last December I spoke with an agent, she told me, my application looks in order to give me peace of mind.

It's very frustrating for us to wait and wait without even knowing when are we going to receive our PPR. Ours is going 8-month mark :(

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Hi, have you tried requesting for GCMS notes? I did request the first one and received it around August or September. Then requested another one and received it on 1st week of December, unfortunately, nothing has changed within those period. :(

I also did a web inquiry, received a response on January 3rd, they are still verifying my eligibility, the security background verification has not been initiated, The criminal background verification is in process.

Last December I spoke with an agent, she told me, my application looks in order to give me peace of mind.

It's very frustrating for us to wait and wait without even knowing when are we going to receive our PPR. Ours is going 8-month mark :(
Yes i requested GCMS and it is recommended pass (my file goes to Sydney because of Post-AOR Police PCC that mailed to Sydney IRCC)

the agent is just BS about verifying eligibility...our file is not picked up at all after IP1 I believe. it is just queueing for senior officer to review (probably only one person? or some lazy dude who spent 15 mins to make a coffee)

it is frustrating to wait for them to open our file again...they are so slow or under human resource. I don't mind to wait if they give us an exact timeline like end of February etc....for now, it could be tomorrow or after 3 months

jyyde

May 3, 2017
Congratulations!!

Just out of curiosity. Was there anything on the reply you received on January 10th that made you think that PPR was that near? I'm curious about how accurate is the information they give you in response to webform inquiries.

No there wasn’t anything positive to be honest was more disappointed as it was the most vague reply I ever got. ‘Just said we verified your application is in process, be rest assured we will contact you once a decision is made’
Some agents will give u info while some will just not move an inch for u but like I said earlier things move fast once file is picked up so be hopeful

Reactions: pinolero85

drew123

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
Yes i requested GCMS and it is recommended pass (my file goes to Sydney because of Post-AOR Police PCC that mailed to Sydney IRCC)

the agent is just BS about verifying eligibility...our file is not picked up at all after IP1 I believe. it is just queueing for senior officer to review (probably only one person? or some lazy dude who spent 15 mins to make a coffee)

it is frustrating to wait for them to open our file again...they are so slow or under human resource. I don't mind to wait if they give us an exact timeline like end of February etc....for now, it could be tomorrow or after 3 months
I believe it only takes 1 senior VO to review our application... I understand that they may be under manpower or let's say sloooow. But can't they pick-up and prioritize those that are passed 6 months?! :/

My Post-grad work permit is expiring on April and I have a spouse under me. I sometimes panic thinking if my PPR will not come by April I will have to apply for the BOWP for me and for my husband. Aside from that I have to update our SIN and medical services plan. too much hassle.

But, despite of these waiting...I'm still hopeful, we can get our PPR sooooon!

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
I believe it only takes 1 senior VO to review our application... I understand that they may be under manpower or let's say sloooow. But can't they pick-up and prioritize those that are passed 6 months?! :/

My Post-grad work permit is expiring on April and I have a spouse under me. I sometimes panic thinking if my PPR will not come by April I will have to apply for the BOWP for me and for my husband. Aside from that I have to update our SIN and medical services plan. too much hassle.

Yes - and the lack of communication or the standard generic replies is absolutely frustrating. I live in the US and my visa expires in June. I believe I still have time but I was hoping that by receiving the PPR early I could do some early planning on relocating and searching for a job - things of that nature. Unfortunately I feel stuck in limbo as I don't know if and when I will get the PR and whether I should be planning on relocating somewhere else. It's a little worrying!

swedenxy

Jan 12, 2020

I'm totally feeling the way you feel as I'm in a similar situation. But let us remember we are not alone and remain hopeful!

drew123

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
Yes - and the lack of communication or the standard generic replies is absolutely frustrating. I live in the US and my visa expires in June. I believe I still have time but I was hoping that by receiving the PPR early I could do some early planning on relocating and searching for a job - things of that nature. Unfortunately I feel stuck in limbo as I don't know if and when I will get the PR and whether I should be planning on relocating somewhere else. It's a little worrying!
You are totally right. It's hard to plan when you are in limbo.

When I send out web inquiry, I specifically states on the message that I would appreciate a specific response regarding the status of my application rather than a generic one. The last update I received below:

The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

• You may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia

drew123

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
I'm totally feeling the way you feel as I'm in a similar situation. But let us remember we are not alone and remain hopeful!
Yeah I remain hopeful in the middle of this chaos in my head :D I've read other forums, others have waited way past the supposed to be 6-month processing time. At times, it's hard to stay calm knowing that your status is about to expire :( :D

Devilsree

Jul 16, 2019
You are totally right. It's hard to plan when you are in limbo.

When I send out web inquiry, I specifically states on the message that I would appreciate a specific response regarding the status of my application rather than a generic one. The last update I received below:

The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

• You may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia
Yes, I totally agree.
It’s not the process, rather it is the uncertainty that’s causing all the panic thinking for everyone of us. Just to make sure that did you receive that criminality was passed earlier as it was one of the first things to be passed.
Is criminality and criminal background verification both same or slightly different?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I've been feeling the same as you guys, everything you're saying is echoing my sentiments exactly.

The lack of information and a timeline also adds to the frustration, because unfortunately we don't have an ETA to look forward to and at least let us know what and when to expect news.

This process is really teaching me to be patient.

drew123

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
Yes, I totally agree.
It’s not the process, rather it is the uncertainty that’s causing all the panic thinking for everyone of us. Just to make sure that did you receive that criminality was passed earlier as it was one of the first things to be passed.
Is criminality and criminal background verification both same or slightly different?
I believe it's the same :)

Reactions: IhsanMalik