+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 AOR - join here

Bobvisor

Feb 23, 2019
have you checked whether the job duties mentioned in the letter matches with the NOC?
They are not exactly the same. I did not refer to the official job duties when I got the letter, found out about it very recently but they are quite similar. I mean its "managers category", words might not be the same, but they eventually mean the same thing.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
They are not exactly the same. I did not refer to the official job duties when I got the letter, found out about it very recently but they are quite similar. I mean its "managers category", words might not be the same, but they eventually mean the same thing.
Even my experience letter the wordings were different but overall, they meant the same thing as per their NOC details.

It is weird that you have been flagged for review.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Even my experience letter the wordings were different but overall, they meant the same thing as per their NOC details.

It is weird that you have been flagged for review.
The wording does not matter, but overall it has to give the message to the officer that the job duties match the one in the NOC. Also it must have all other info like name, hours, payment and benefit, period, etc. as per cic website.

Reactions: SithLord

Bobvisor

Feb 23, 2019
The wording does not matter, but overall it has to give the message to the officer that the job duties match the one in the NOC. Also it must have all other info like name, hours, payment and benefit, period, etc. as per cic website.
Exactly and the GCMS does mention it is consistent with the NOC. Not sure why they said It matches NOC then said Review Required.

ajj123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hey Guys,

Got my PPR on 15 Feb after a good 8.5 months wait!

FSW-O
AOR 28 May 2018
SS 19 July 2018
VO Ottawa

Good luck to all those still waiting
Hi-Congrats! Did you get your COPR? I want to know how long it is valid. We got our PPR email 18th Feb. And our medicals expire 2nd April. Not sure how long COPR will be given. Appreciate your response.
Thanks,AJ

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Everything was there. GCMS clearly mentioned review for duties nothing else.
I don't know. It seems that the wording didn't satisfy the case analyst that they match the NOC. Are you sure that anyone without knowledge or expertise in your major can tell from your job duties that it belongs to the same NOC? If everything is clearly the same as what CIC asked, don't worry a senior analyst reviews your file and passes your job experience letter. But, if you think that the letter does not match the NOC, I would say get a new letter and upload it.

S abhishek

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Hi All,

My AOR is 5th May 2018. FSW-O

I had taken my 1st GCMS on Oct 2018 (got in hand on 1st week of Nov) and found that my work experience letters where rejected by the officer, but the application in entirety was not rejected. I immediately collected all the work experience certificates from my employers and submitted one by one by 1st week of Dec 2018. The office acknowledged the receipt of the same and forwarded to the officers at Sydney, Nova Scotia.

I raised webform to check my status, called directly, contacted through the local MP office (I have to Canada on dependent visa now), and again raised an ATIP on the 1st week of Jan, thinking that there must have been some movement. But apart from acknowledging the receipt of the docs, there has been no real activity i could understand has happened through all these communications. Meanwhile my Med has expired, but IRCC did not ask for a re examination. ( i asked over phone too whether i should go for a med test, they said no need as of now, only if CIC requests you officially then only go for it)

What i got to hear from the MP office after speaking with the CIC agent over phone that i should only come back and check on the 1st week of March, that will be 10 months from my AOR, 3 months from submission of correct work docs. It is really getting difficult to be patient and just wait for the day.

Is there any other way to understand the real status of my application apart from GCMS/ Phone Call? Do they have a physical office, where i can go and get clarity on the status?

My application status as per profile:

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. (Earlier it was Passed)
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background Check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final Decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Linobmw2000

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Hi All,

I had taken my 1st GCMS on Oct 2018 (got in hand on 1st week of Nov) and found that my work experience letters where rejected by the officer, but the application in entirety was not rejected. I immediately collected all the work experience certificates from my employers and submitted one by one by 1st week of Dec 2018. The office acknowledged the receipt of the same and forwarded to the officers at Sydney, Nova Scotia.

I raised webform to check my status, called directly, contacted through the local MP office (I have to Canada on dependent visa now), and again raised an ATIP on the 1st week of Jan, thinking that there must have been some movement. But apart from acknowledging the receipt of the docs, there has been no real activity i could understand has happened through all these communications. Meanwhile my Med has expired, but IRCC did not ask for a re examination. ( i asked over phone too whether i should go for a med test, they said no need as of now, only if CIC requests you officially then only go for it)

What i got to hear from the MP office after speaking with the CIC agent over phone that i should only come back and check on the 1st week of March, that will be 9 months from my AOR, 3 months from submission of correct work docs. It is really getting difficult to be patient and just wait for the day.

Is there any other way to understand the real status of my application apart from GCMS/ Phone Call? Do they have a physical office, where i can go and get clarity on the status?

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. (Earlier it was Passed)
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background Check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final Decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thanks.
My AOR is May 21. I know how you feel, it's been so frustrating.Only thing is to just wait.Just live your life and stop worrying. They will eventually process our applications

P.B.

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
I raised a CSE yesterday, got an acknowledgemant immediately. Today I got the following response. Is this the norm?

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Quratulain, Agent 4262
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

Note The information provided may change without notice. If there is conflicting information between the text in the email and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Citizenship Act or their regulations, the Act and/or Regulations prevail. This email was sent to you in the language of your choice. The information on the IRCC website is available in both official languages. The masculine form may have been used for convenience.
Got the same generic response from them

ozoozo

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Hi All,

What i got to hear from the MP office after speaking with the CIC agent over phone that i should only come back and check on the 1st week of March, that will be 9 months from my AOR, 3 months from submission of correct work docs. It is really getting difficult to be patient and just wait for the day.

Thanks.
Many got the date of first week of March as well all of them RR in CIO , i hope it will be real