Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
btw is the GCKey login and ECAS login separate?
Hello,

That is correct, they are two separate entities. Kindly see below the web address that will lead you to registration. However, I am honestly not sure if they are useful for FSW. These are the portals that I use for spousal sponsorship, but regardless, if there is a different portal for FSW, here is where you will probably find that information. That is my hypothesis.

Good luck with your application and welcome to Canada! :)

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
Requesting for permanent residence is an investigation into both the Sponsor and the Applicant and each case is individualistic. They give us a time line of a "month" to send us our notes and during this period security looks at our applications before they send out the notes. Many things are taken into consideration when GCSM notes are requested, starting from how long have they been processing the application, where is the applicant residing, how many times have you requested the notes, who is asking for the notes and making sure everything links up. etc.....This entire process to sponsor is an "investigation", so they are going to investigate why we are investigating too. It makes perfect sense.

The very last part of the sponsorship process is the security and criminal check, for those who's applications have gone past the deadline, we can be certain that the file is stuck in the security/criminal stage and for those people who think that by contacting them to get the GCMS notes is going to speed up the process, that is not true, who can honestly think that they have that sort of power to make agents speed up their work, simply because we are asking for notes? The only thing that speeds up the process is when we contact our MP and the file is basically completed. There are policies and procedures that they have to follow in order to give out PR and this must be followed.
Hi Superman.... I didn't properly answer your question regarding time, because I honestly do not know. I think so many things are taken into consideration when we request our notes. What I know is this, when we are sponsoring someone we are asking Canada to allow this person to enter our country and become potentially a Canadian citizen, therefore, we can be sure that they are taking every precaution to ensure that they follow policies and procedures when processing PR applications from every level and stage. I think we also have to consider the complexity of any individual file and the individuals involved. We all want a clear definitive of length of time, on every step, but how it has been explained to me, is that there is no rhyme or reason as to when and how files get touched and that when it comes to our notes, I do understand that another department processes that request and you can be sure that when they send out those notes, they do so by following security policies and procedures.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hello friends,

My AOR is 27th May
Medicals passed & IP1- 6th June
RPRF request, fees payment and IP2- 16th Oct
Currently the application is in the following stage:

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Believe this is the IP2 stage...
Can anyone please tell me why is the Review of additional docs column showing not applicable and not docs under review or we do not need additional docs.

Thanks in advance!
After a document has been successfully reviewed, it changes to Not Applicable.

Reactions: dkatkade

Ice1987

Jul 31, 2018
Hi everyone ,

I just received my GCMS notes , I need some help understanding that .
there is mentioned
Recommendation : Review Required - Pending Outstanding PC Spouse

My AOR is 28/may/2018
GCMS notes ordered : 30/Sept/2018
GCMS notes Generated : 02/oct/2018

Also want to mention : around mid of October : additional documents changed from Reviewing additional document you provided to (not applicable ) I am in Canada and my wife is India .
Please comment what should be my next steps .

Thanks
Have you submitted Police Certificate/s for your wife?

simran89

Oct 30, 2018
Have you submitted Police Certificate/s for your wife?

yes,I have submitted the Police certificate of wife , I just crosschecked in application it is still showing in documents . it is a .JPG file format which should be fine i believe else it wouldn't have allowed me to upload .

Ice1987

Jul 31, 2018
yes,I have submitted the Police certificate of wife , I just crosschecked in application it is still showing in documents . it is a .JPG file format which should be fine i believe else it wouldn't have allowed me to upload .
Either your GCMS were actually generated before you submitted the PC or it is yet to be considered for review. Likely... the comments that you see on the notes are not recent.

amypls4

Jul 11, 2017
Hello friends,

My AOR is 27th May
Medicals passed & IP1- 6th June
RPRF request, fees payment and IP2- 16th Oct
Currently the application is in the following stage:

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Believe this is the IP2 stage...
Can anyone please tell me why is the Review of additional docs column showing not applicable and not docs under review or we do not need additional docs.

Thanks in advance!
Hi Mate:

I have the similar timeline as urs AOR is 27th May and IP2 19th Oct. After that no updates. My additional doc status is also same as yours.."Not Applicable" and dont think of it much. Thats normal I guess.

Do you know you VO? Did you apply notes?

amypls4

Jul 11, 2017
For tomorrow's maintenance they are going to spend 2 hours more...its from 1.30 am to 5.30 am . Normally it starts at 3/3.30 am....
Hope they are going to clear a big batch .
Fingers crossed :p

Superman89

Mar 20, 2018
For tomorrow's maintenance they are going to spend 2 hours more...its from 1.30 am to 5.30 am . Normally it starts at 3/3.30 am....
Hope they are going to clear a big batch .
Fingers crossed :p
oh is it tomorrow- oh well hope u get it since ur ip2 already.

dkatkade

Jun 30, 2018
Hi Mate:

I have the similar timeline as urs AOR is 27th May and IP2 19th Oct. After that no updates. My additional doc status is also same as yours.."Not Applicable" and dont think of it much. Thats normal I guess.

Do you know you VO? Did you apply notes?
Hi Buddy!

VO is CPC- Ottawa... Had ordered gcms notes in the first week of Sept and received them in first week of Oct.

Reactions: amypls4