+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 AOR - join here

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
Work permit is issued at Centralized intake office which visa office like Ottawa processed PR application. As you might know, CIO is able to check completeness of file not final approving. So I wouldn’t think it will speed up the process because the department that issues work permit has no access to PR application due to their instinct
For my ICT work permit extension. i ordered GCMS notes to verify the completeness of details submitted by my employer; and i observed that my WP application was being processed and finally issued by CPC, Vergeville Alberta.
After researching, i found some info in here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/case-processing-centre-vegreville-alberta.html

Based on the information available in above link, i see Alberta CPC processes both PR as well as WP applications. In such cases, is there a chance for bypassing employment verification which would save some time during PR application processing by CIC ?

ajeet.ims

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Canada
For my ICT work permit extension. i ordered GCMS notes to verify the completeness of details submitted by my employer; and i observed that my WP application was being processed and finally issued by CPC, Vergeville Alberta.
After researching, i found some info in here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/case-processing-centre-vegreville-alberta.html

Based on the information available in above link, i see Alberta CPC processes both PR as well as WP applications. In such cases, is there a chance for bypassing employment verification which would save some time during PR application processing by CIC ?
I don’t think there is any bypassing happening for any category else CEC applicants should be receiving their PPR in less than 10 days as most of them have already gone through entire process during their WP application.

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
I don’t think there is any bypassing happening for any category else CEC applicants should be receiving their PPR in less than 10 days as most of them have already gone through entire process during their WP application.
I understand your point, but considering the latest data or processing information of the same department (i.e. which is less than a month), wouldn't that affect the PR applications.

Just curious, if anyone has been in the same boat and how did it affect their PR application timelines.

FYI,
My ICT WP application filed on - Apr 11 2018
GCMS Notes received - 27 May 2018
ICT WP Approved - 29 May 2018

PR AOR - 15 May 2018
MEP - 25 May 2018
IP2 - 25 May 2018

Thanks everyone for your reply.

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I understand your point, but considering the latest data or processing information of the same department (i.e. which is less than a month), wouldn't that affect the PR applications.

Just curious, if anyone has been in the same boat and how did it affect their PR application timelines.

FYI,
My ICT WP application filed on - Apr 11 2018
GCMS Notes received - 27 May 2018
ICT WP Approved - 29 May 2018

PR AOR - 15 May 2018
MEP - 25 May 2018
IP2 - 25 May 2018

Thanks everyone for your reply.
Just let u know that average time CEC is on IP2 is over 50 days wait until ppr

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Hi guys,

My wife's after married name has been updated in the Observation page of passport. What name should i updated in EE profile, Old Name or After married name?

I am yet to get my ITA, most probably next draw i will get it. Thank you in advance for the support.

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
Just let u know that average time CEC is on IP2 is over 50 days wait until ppr
My spouse TR visa expired recently, and she is back home now. I was hoping for a shorter processing time, so that my spouse can travel and join me in Canada. The repeated wait times seems punishing .. :( :confused:

At least its not winter as last times (during my work permit/ spouse TR visa processing's), i get to spend more time outside with friends.

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
Hi guys,

My wife's after married name has been updated in the Observation page of passport. What name should i updated in EE profile, Old Name or After married name?

I am yet to get my ITA, most probably next draw i will get it. Thank you in advance for the support.
I guess you are talking about your spouse last name change in the passport.. in that case,
For your spouse - whatever the travel document information (in most cases, it is Passport) you are mentioning in the EE application/ ITA application information, that would be her official name as per the Visa officer.
Of course, her education and other documents would carry her previous (before marriage) last name. In that case, you have to submit an affidavit for all other documents wherever the previous name is observed.
Previously, my friend has done the same and successfully processed his PR application.

Reactions: akila868

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
I guess you are talking about your spouse last name change in the passport.. in that case,
For your spouse - whatever the travel document information (in most cases, it is Passport) you are mentioning in the EE application/ ITA application information, that would be her official name as per the Visa officer.
Of course, her education and other documents would carry her previous (before marriage) last name. In that case, you have to submit an affidavit for all other documents wherever the previous name is observed.
Previously, my friend has done the same and successfully processed his PR application.
Thank you friend. So that means I can use the after married name in the Passport observation page, in the EE profile.

ANG35

Apr 3, 2017
Hi,
My AOR is May 22. Still no change in status...
Review of medical shows "u do not need a medical exam.v wl send u msg if this changes". Its been 12 days after AOR, still medicals not passed....
Anything to worry??
Experts plz reply...

GCMSBuddy

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Canada
Hi guys,

Whatever name is there in the Bio Page of the passport...

ahmao

May 29, 2018
China
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
HKVO(maybe)
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Hi,
My AOR is May 22. Still no change in status...
Review of medical shows "u do not need a medical exam.v wl send u msg if this changes". Its been 12 days after AOR, still medicals not passed....
Anything to worry??
Experts plz reply...
not to worry

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
Thank you friend. So that means I can use the after married name in the Passport observation page, in the EE profile.
Affirmative...

To be specific, if getting a lawyer to document the statement for your affidavit takes longer (for verification, some other reasons) or if they charge you more, in that case you can document the details yourself and mention that above mentioned statements are true (in the letter) ;)... and get the attestation of a lawyer (which includes his organisation and his contact information). Quick and simple, compared to long waiting time of government services.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Affirmative...

To be specific, if getting a lawyer to document the statement for your affidavit takes longer (for verification, some other reasons) or if they charge you more, in that case you can document the details yourself and mention that above mentioned statements are true (in the letter) ;)... and get the attestation of a lawyer (which includes his organisation and his contact information). Quick and simple, compared to long waiting time of government services.
Thank you friend. I will do so.

I have a lawyer who I can take the affidavit. So no problem in that. Really appreciate the support.

One small thing, the married after name in passport observation also has "Mrs." in front of the name. Do I need to mention that as well in EE profile?

Last edited: