+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2017 Citizenship Applicants

sukdeep

Jun 12, 2017
Just curious, if you get your AOR is that a guarantee to get your test date or can the application still get rejected?
yes friend one can still get rejected or not invited for the test. AOR is just an acknowledgment of having received documents they have asked for. Scrutinizing documents will be their next step, based on which they will decide ur next events..

Reactions: reno2786

reno2786

Jan 24, 2017
yes friend one can still get rejected or not invited for the test. AOR is just an acknowledgment of having received documents they have asked for. Scrutinizing documents will be their next step, based on which they will decide ur next events..
Thank you!

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Whoops.. got sent back my packet dated June 13th, arrived today in post.. forgot to sign the residency calculator. LOL. Of all the things.

Signed it, sent it back again along with their stapled sheets attached.. should arrive Monday or Tuesday. Hope I didn't just move to the back of the line.

Anyone know why their return address on their forms they added (just to verify I wanted to continue with the app or cancel and get refunded) had "Grant" after the PO Box? (i.e. PO Box 7000 - Grant) Didn't have it on the printed form before. Don't think it means anything but wondering just in case.

Last edited:

Horizon13

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Anyone know why their return address on their forms they added (just to verify I wanted to continue with the app or cancel and get refunded) had "Grant" after the PO Box? (i.e. PO Box 7000 - Grant) Didn't have it on the printed form before. Don't think it means anything but wondering just in case.
Because they call it Grant of Citizenship

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Whoops.. got sent back my packet dated June 13th, arrived today in post.. forgot to sign the residency calculator. LOL. Of all the things.

Signed it, sent it back again along with their stapled sheets attached.. should arrive Monday or Tuesday. Hope I didn't just move to the back of the line.

sad to hear this

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see June applicants worried about the new application form were CIC has omitted the (intent to reside clause) ! they are afraid their applications might be returned because they used the old form! is that something to worry about as lot of May applicants don't have AOR yet? I doubt that they will return applications that haven't been opened yet just because we used the old form.

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
I see June applicants worried about the new application form were CIC has omitted the (intent to reside clause) ! they are afraid their applications might be returned because they used the old form! is that something to worry about as lot of May applicants don't have AOR yet? I doubt that they will return applications that haven't been opened yet just because we used the old form.
I don't think we should worry about that..I'm sure they'll consider that if the application is signed and dated before the new forms came in, they'll let it be. Btw..are the new forms out already? I don't see them on the website anywhere..can you send me the link please?

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Each family member got the AOR, so we have 3 e-letters from CIC.
Thanks. can you tell me what is the email address that CIC used to send AOR. i want to add it to my contacts to make sure that it doesn't go to junk mail.

inhinyeronina

Star Member
Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
16-03-2013