+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2016 - CITIZENSHIP APPLICATIONS

miss wellington

Apr 24, 2015
Can someone tell me if the test time is accurate my test time is 7:45 am. Does the test actually starts at 7:45? And one more thing I want to know roughly how many hours for the test and interview?

Moe975

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Usually test will start in 30 mins from the specified time till they gather everyone in the test hall and verify documents.

Test with interview will take up to 3 hours max, but u might be done in 1 or 1 and half

OOW

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe975 said:
Usually test will start in 30 mins from the specified time till they gather everyone in the test hall and verify documents.

Test with interview will take up to 3 hours max, but u might be done in 1 or 1 and half
Why are some people given RQ and some are not given? What's the criteria? Can someone explain the rationale behind RQ?

miss wellington

Apr 24, 2015
Moe975 said:

Thank you

Moe975

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What leads to RQ are as following : (Although these were triggers used long time before, but they might be still valid)

Applicant Characteristics:
A1 - Use of a suspect residential address.
A2 - NCB in FOSS, Warning or Note(s) in GCMS indicating a concern.
A3 - Previous citizenship applications which were not approved, withdrawn, abandoned, renounced or revoked.
A4 - Discrepancy in absences between citizenship application and CIC information during the relevant 4 years period.
A5 - Self-identified as a consultant, self-employed or unemployed, with any travel during the relevant 4 year period.
A6 - Absences to home country to sell land/property or to take care of ill family member during the relevant 4 year period.
A7 - Applicant has self declared having less than 1095 days of physical presence.

- Family Characteristics:
B1 - Child born outside Canada during the relevant 4 year period.
B2 - A child has made a non-concurrent minor application.

- Documents
C1 - ID (provided in support of application) has been issued within 3 months of date of application.
C2 - Inconsistency between address on ID and address on application form.
C3 - Photograph and/or signature on the application do not resemble photograph and/or signature on identity document.
C4 - NPR time (non permanent resident time) has been used in the calculation of basic residence and the original entry data used does not appear on the IMM 1000, the Confirmation of Permanent Residence or in CIC records.

ANNGH

Jun 6, 2016
OOW said:
Congrats! Please can you estimate the total number of hours you spent at the test/interview centre? Thank you.

I stayed about 2 hrs.

The test was finished but i waited a bit for my interview and the interview took about 30 mins..

Narm

Feb 16, 2016
Citizenship: Edmonton
App sent: May 9th 2016
App delivered: May 13th, 2016
AOR received: May 31, 2016
In process: June 7
Test letter : July 12
Test date: July 28 (Passed, yeyyyyy!!)
Oath letter: sent August 8
Oath: August 29 - DONE!! Got my Canadian Citizenship Certificate. It was a great Ceremony. Thursday (September 1st) I'll apply to get my Canadian passport! :) :D

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miss wellington said:
My test is this coming Tuesday am nervous and excited at the same time
Good luck for your test. I know the feeling.....mine is tomorrow.