File Transfer...
SA 31-07-2015 ecas 21-07-2015 AOR 2 06-08-2015 IP 28-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015 DM 26-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2015
Userpg, I guess they just send our applications to Warsaw in one package :) we are may 21st applicants

jcallahan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2015
Nomination.....
SA 29-09-2015
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
23-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2016
LANDED..........
14-01-2016
I noticed the Warsaw processing times increased to 13 months :( I realize it will probably require less time than that, but its always disappointing to see those times increase!

NYC2CANADA

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Rochester
Category........
Visa Office......
Otawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
05-06-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
20-10-2015
Anyhelp provide me with some guidance: Got an email asking for my criminal records from my native country ( VEnezuela) I am a US citizen since 2001. THey are asking me for my country criminal records, but the goverment is not issuing that document, they backlog is about 10 months for an appoitment. anyone have any idea if I need to have the documentation certified of just the records from the venexzuelan police ( translated) is ok?

cali2bc

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
California, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
AOR Received.
11-06-2015
File Transfer...
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2015 (Decision Made 25-11-2015)
LANDED..........
08-02-2016
For those of you interested in another strange ECAS story, I recently noticed that my husband's sponsorship application status added a third line: "We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 11, 2015," even though it still says IP, and my PR application is in IP as well. I don't think Mississauga even knows what happened to my file, since they sent the SA email dated a month after Ottawa received and started "processing" it.

I wonder why someone would access my ECAS and add a third line to the sponsorship application, but then not even update it to decision made?

I know that some of you have seen IP for both applications. For the sake of boredom and curiosity, has anyone else noticed a third line added to the sponsorship application, but it still says IP?

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
cali2bc said:
For those of you interested in another strange ECAS story, I recently noticed that my husband's sponsorship application status added a third line: "We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 11, 2015," even though it still says IP, and my PR application is in IP as well. I don't think Mississauga even knows what happened to my file, since they sent the SA email dated a month after Ottawa received and started "processing" it.

I wonder why someone would access my ECAS and add a third line to the sponsorship application, but then not even update it to decision made?

I know that some of you have seen IP for both applications. For the sake of boredom and curiosity, has anyone else noticed a third line added to the sponsorship application, but it still says IP?
What? That's crazy.

Does your PR show IP or Application Received?

The CIC really never ceases to amaze me in their inability to be organized, efficient, or transparent. I think it's easier to get a politician to actually answer a question than to get any answer out of the CIC. :p

cali2bc

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
California, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
AOR Received.
11-06-2015
File Transfer...
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08-02-2016
Ineffable said:
What? That's crazy.

Does your PR show IP or Application Received?

The CIC really never ceases to amaze me in their inability to be organized, efficient, or transparent. I think it's easier to get a politician to actually answer a question than to get any answer out of the CIC. :p
My PR application shows IP as well. I just find it so strange that someone would add something to the sponsorship file, but not change it to decision made.

I agree with you. I think CIC is making an effort to switch to a more standardized/consistent way of updating ECAS. I base this off of the recent trend of applicants seeing IP shortly after SA. It seems like a lot of the previous applications were in the dark for so long, and then all of the sudden they got IP and DM.

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
cali2bc said:
My PR application shows IP as well. I just find it so strange that someone would add something to the sponsorship file, but not change it to decision made.

I agree with you. I think CIC is making an effort to switch to a more standardized/consistent way of updating ECAS. I base this off of the recent trend of applicants seeing IP shortly after SA. It seems like a lot of the previous applications were in the dark for so long, and then all of the sudden they got IP and DM.
What's odd, too, is in my case notes it reads:

GCMS Information Request: Application
Requested Date: 08/05/2015​

Application: FXXXXXXXXXXX
Created Date: 2015/05/08
Updated Date: 2015/07/07
App Status: Open
App Status Reason: In Progress

When I look at the subsections among the pages, it says:

Updated Date: 2015/07/03
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started
Medical: Passed
(Eligibility) Status: Not started

ECAS for PR shows "Application Received" but has shown that since June 3rd. Under SA, it shows DM with "We sent you correspondence . . . blah blah blah."

I have no idea if my application is really IP or if it's actually still "Received."

My last update to ECAS was the 17th of August, but that was for them to input an address change.

I've got a better shot at guessing the winning lotto numbers than what the status of my application really is. :-X

MommyBear888

May 8, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
Doc's Request.
23-05-2015
Passport Req..
23-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
Ineffable said:

ECAS for PR shows "Application Received" but has shown that since June 3rd. Under SA, it shows DM with "We sent you correspondence . . . blah blah blah."

I have no idea if my application is really IP or if it's actually still "Received."

My last update to ECAS was the 17th of August, but that was for them to input an address change.

I've got a better shot at guessing the winning lotto numbers than what the status of my application really is. :-X

Wow! You only submitted your application last May 2015 but you already requested for GCMS. I thought it's supposed to be requested if your application has reached the average time of processing. We submitted our application last February 2015 but we haven't requested that yet. We thought it's too early.

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
MommyBear888 said:
Wow! You only submitted your application last May 2015 but you already requested for GCMS. I thought it's supposed to be requested if your application has reached the average time of processing. We submitted our application last February 2015 but we haven't requested that yet. We thought it's too early.
There's no limit on how often or how early/late you can order them. I've seen a few people here who have ordered them around half a dozen times. 8)

I ordered them largely because:

1) The CIC never sent me SA confirmation despite me calling and asking twice and them claiming they sent an email, twice. I wanted something official that showed it was approved for my records.

2) I moved and made an address change request; it didn't show up in ECAS within the timeline they said it should. It showed up on my notes, but it didn't show up in ECAS until almost a month after the notes themselves arrived. I wanted to be sure the change had been made on their end since they stress its importance (and since that's where my COPR will be sent).

3) Ottawa VO doesn't do AOR2, and I wanted to know that it had arrived. I have heard far too many stories about the apps being lost.

I personally would order them if I were you. It can't hurt. It'll take a month to arrive, so hopefully you'll actually see some info on them since you're a February applicant.

My plan is to order them again in another month or so, which would have them pulling my file and emailing it to me around 2 months from now.

cali2bc

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
California, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
AOR Received.
11-06-2015
File Transfer...
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08-02-2016
Ineffable said:

Thanks for sharing part of your notes! Is the "In Progress" part of your notes throwing you off? I would guess that your file is more or less at the same stage as my August 6th IP file, which doesn't seem to hold much significance for recent applicants. As soon as I receive notes, I will share anything interesting. Apparently they started processing my PR file on July 14, and I ordered notes on August 14, but then CIC requested a consent form so I have no idea if that means another 30 days of waiting for notes.

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
cali2bc said:
Thanks for sharing part of your notes! Is the "In Progress" part of your notes throwing you off? I would guess that your file is more or less at the same stage as my August 6th IP file, which doesn't seem to hold much significance for recent applicants. As soon as I receive notes, I will share anything interesting. Apparently they started processing my PR file on July 14, and I ordered notes on August 14, but then CIC requested a consent form so I have no idea if that means another 30 days of waiting for notes.
Jealous they've already started your PR file. I genuinely don't understand how some people in Feb and March are still waiting with the same VO.

I had to sign the request form, too. It only took another two weeks after signing it to get my notes. Should be the same for you, I hope!

Let us know what you find!

cali2bc

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
California, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
AOR Received.
11-06-2015
File Transfer...
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08-02-2016
Ineffable said:
Jealous they've already started your PR file. I genuinely don't understand how some people in Feb and March are still waiting with the same VO.

I had to sign the request form, too. It only took another two weeks after signing it to get my notes. Should be the same for you, I hope!

Let us know what you find!
Ineffable, thanks for your insight on notes. Until I see proof on my notes, I am guessing that our applications are at roughly the same stage. A call center agent told us around August 18 that my medical passed, but nothing else had been started, which matches your notes.

To say that CIC is disorganized and unfair in processing applications is an understatement. Earlier applicants still waiting are far more deserving of DM. In a perfect world, this process would be very straight forward and applicants would know exactly what stage of processing they are in, instead of guessing, "Are we there yet? How about...now?"

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
cali2bc said:
Ineffable, thanks for your insight on notes. Until I see proof on my notes, I am guessing that our applications are at roughly the same stage. A call center agent told us around August 18 that my medical passed, but nothing else had been started, which matches your notes.

To say that CIC is disorganized and unfair in processing applications is an understatement. Earlier applicants still waiting are far more deserving of DM. In a perfect world, this process would be very straight forward and applicants would know exactly what stage of processing they are in, instead of guessing, "Are we there yet? How about...now?"
Spot on.

A friend of mine undergoing this same process to move to Australia. I was BLOWN AWAY at how efficiently everything is run. The documents and forms are uploaded online, and then put into a queue. You can see the status of everything, and contact them directly with ease. The times are also nearly half what we see (though the fees nearly doubled).

If I can carry around a small computer in my pocket, surely the CIC can figure out a more effective way to take care of one of the most important agencies. It all comes down to money.

I still feel for those who have been waiting much longer than us. Some of the US applicants I've seen have been waiting since last September/October. Brutal. I'd happily wait an extra month to see those people have their applications processed ASAP.

Here's to hoping we get competent agents!

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
Ineffable said:
Spot on.

A friend of mine undergoing this same process to move to Australia. I was BLOWN AWAY at how efficiently everything is run. The documents and forms are uploaded online, and then put into a queue. You can see the status of everything, and contact them directly with ease. The times are also nearly half what we see (though the fees nearly doubled).

If I can carry around a small computer in my pocket, surely the CIC can figure out a more effective way to take care of one of the most important agencies. It all comes down to money.

I still feel for those who have been waiting much longer than us. Some of the US applicants I've seen have been waiting since last September/October. Brutal. I'd happily wait an extra month to see those people have their applications processed ASAP.

Here's to hoping we get competent agents!
My sister-in-law was sponsored by an Australian. Yes, they are much quicker.

I also feel for those genuine applicants who have been waiting in line much longer than us. I wish them a speedy completion of the required steps ... but I miss my wife too much to want to delay her landing by a month to help speed up the processing of strangers. ;)

Caribou

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ineffable said:
There's no limit on how often or how early/late you can order them. I've seen a few people here who have ordered them around half a dozen times. 8)

I ordered them largely because:

1) The CIC never sent me SA confirmation despite me calling and asking twice and them claiming they sent an email, twice. I wanted something official that showed it was approved for my records.

2) I moved and made an address change request; it didn't show up in ECAS within the timeline they said it should. It showed up on my notes, but it didn't show up in ECAS until almost a month after the notes themselves arrived. I wanted to be sure the change had been made on their end since they stress its importance (and since that's where my COPR will be sent).

3) Ottawa VO doesn't do AOR2, and I wanted to know that it had arrived. I have heard far too many stories about the apps being lost.

I personally would order them if I were you. It can't hurt. It'll take a month to arrive, so hopefully you'll actually see some info on them since you're a February applicant.

My plan is to order them again in another month or so, which would have them pulling my file and emailing it to me around 2 months from now.
Just curious, how long did you wait to order GCMS after you changed your address?
I changed my address numerous times, but it still shows old one in ECAS for mine, and I want to change address on my spouse to Canadian one.
Does it also show the email they put in their file?
My spouse(applicant) has not received any email from CIC so far, and it's only been me who has been getting email.