+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
@Yivet did you get your oath letter i am little bit starting to worry. We had our test on the same day at Nov 3 Edmonton office. I noticed on the excel sheet a member did his test after us Nov 5 and got his/ her oath for Jan 19.
Please let me know if you got your oath letter.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
stone8198 said:
Congrats to people who received Oath letters.

I wanted to share my test and interview experience. Test went well, scored 19. However, the interview made me sick.
It went on for about 40mins. The officer wasn't at all friendly, when i was called to the table, it took her 10minutes to look up and greet me. She was busy checking documents. She didn't bother asking much questions at the beginning.

And then she started grinding, questions like, what i do, where i travelled, i had to match every stamp with her. which took good 20 mins.
Asking many weird questions, about my family, what they do, where they live, how old they are, how many siblings, their profession. etc.
After reading the forum and experiences i wasnt concerned much,
but seems like its not as easy as it looks like.

So i got RQ. officer said it may take very long and does make in non routine.

So it is what it is. Long journey to starts now.
If you have the minimum required days its should not worry you. Lot of overseas travels make them suspicious.

I agree some officers indeed makes candidates quite uncomfortable.

Only in case if you are short of minimum days, dont take a chance and wait endlessly. Best approach, take a bitter pill, withdraw and re-apply once you have about a month excess than required. As application processed under non-routine takes long time.

Wish you all the best.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
stone8198 said:
Congrats to people who received Oath letters.

I wanted to share my test and interview experience. Test went well, scored 19. However, the interview made me sick.
It went on for about 40mins. The officer wasn't at all friendly, when i was called to the table, it took her 10minutes to look up and greet me. She was busy checking documents. She didn't bother asking much questions at the beginning.

And then she started grinding, questions like, what i do, where i travelled, i had to match every stamp with her. which took good 20 mins.
Asking many weird questions, about my family, what they do, where they live, how old they are, how many siblings, their profession. etc.
After reading the forum and experiences i wasnt concerned much,
but seems like its not as easy as it looks like.

So i got RQ. officer said it may take very long and does make in non routine.

So it is what it is. Long journey to starts now.
just chill and enjoy, u r Canadian

yivet

Jun 26, 2015
FAAMS said:
@Yivet did you get your oath letter i am little bit starting to worry. We had our test on the same day at Nov 3 Edmonton office. I noticed on the excel sheet a member did his test after us Nov 5 and got his/ her oath for Jan 19.
Please let me know if you got your oath letter.
Famms, I have not received the invitation yet. Actually I hope that it comes end of February. Cause I am going to go back my country to visit my family. I have been searching how to inform CIC to postphone it. Can Anyone here help?

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
nekeol said:
just chill and enjoy, u r Canadian
What? No, he is not. that's exactly the problem.

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
yivet said:
Famms, I have not received the invitation yet. Actually I hope that it comes end of February. Cause I am going to go back my country to visit my family. I have been searching how to inform CIC to postphone it. Can Anyone here help?
Thanks for your reply.

You can write a letter to cic Edmonton office and send it by courier to make sure they get it.
In addition call cic by phone and inform them as well.
That is as far as i know from what i heard here in the forum and my friends.
Wish you all the best.

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahm2299 said:
Received oath invitation for Jan 12, 2016 in Vancouver.So excited :))
hi there, I'm from Vancouver too, just want to ask what is your timeline pls thank
i

VanKan

Jul 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leycute said:
hi there, I'm from Vancouver too, just want to ask what is your timeline pls thank
i
Check out the May 2015 sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jDOqiILRSPU01t6UukQ9krCWBvaroaIkOPZcjoENMyw/edit#gid=0

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Folks ,

I'm happy. I completed my journey.
Tomorrow 10 am ********** I'm picking up my passport ***********

Ari

Praise to the lord. Amen

mcgill_engr

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just received the oath letter in mail.

Montreal Office
Applied May 26th,
Application received May 27th,
AOR Received July 15th
In Process July 20th
Notice for test sent on October 26th
Test on Nov 24, 20/20 , CO interview finished within 3 minutes
Oath notice sent on Jan 4th
Oath on Jan 26th

All the best to everyone.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ari5323 said:
Folks ,

I'm happy. I completed my journey.
Tomorrow 10 am ********** I'm picking up my passport ***********

Ari

Praise to the lord. Amen
Hi Ari,
Congrats on becoming a Canadian. Your Oath was on 6th correct and were you able to apply today itself?

Thanks

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
chikloo said:
Hi Ari,
Congrats on becoming a Canadian. Your Oath was on 6th correct and were you able to apply today itself?

Thanks
CHIKLOO,
first let me thank you for your advice, i ask the clerk to feed my details asap but she told me not to worry and in an hour the system will have all the oath takers details.

The ceromony finnished around 1030 and i visited to passport office ( its a main passport office, not a branch) on 74 victoria street down town toronto , it was 1430 and my details were in the system. So i applied right away and gave them a list of 6 refferencess( your advice)

Tmorrow morning i'm picking up the passport.thanks sweet lord

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
ari5323 said:
CHIKLOO,
first let me thank you for your advice, i ask the clerk to feed my details asap but she told me not to worry and in an hour the system will have all the oath takers details.

The ceromony finnished around 1030 and i visited to passport office ( its a main passport office, not a branch) on 74 victoria street down town toronto , it was 1430 and my details were in the system. So i applied right away and gave them a list of 6 refferencess( your advice)

Tmorrow morning i'm picking up the passport.thanks sweet lord
Ari, very happy for you, congrats for becoming a citizen now.
My end still waiting for this da*m oath invite that doesn't want to show up...

Question, why the 6 references for the urgent passport ? I always thought you would need 1 guarantor and 4 references for an urgent processing. However just realized that we only need 2 references for urgent process. So why the 6 ?

Thanks,

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Babi22 said:
Ari, very happy for you, congrats for becoming a citizen now.
My end still waiting for this da*m oath invite that doesn't want to show up...

Question, why the 6 references for the urgent passport ? I always thought you would need 1 guarantor and 4 references for an urgent processing. However just realized that we only need 2 references for urgent process. So why the 6 ?

Thanks,
Babi,

You need only 2 references , even for a urgent passport. But since our dear member. " Chickloo". told us in a other thread that you prepared 4 references , I wanted to be even better , it's always good eh ? I gave them six. So if one is busy/unavailable / out of reach , they can call right away the second one. Very simple ,eh? :p