+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

crul

May 22, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
For Q4 (residence calculator) exactly mention the date when you left canada and reentered canada, don't mention the dates when you reached other country.

Did you select "No" on 2nd part of 9c or you selected "No" on 9D?

Use paper clips to organize the documents. For the photos, put it in a paper envelope not zip lock plastic bag as the photo might get sticked to the plastic and can cause damage to the photos.
Unfortunately, I don't have the exact date that I left Canada, only the date I arrived in the other country, as Canadian immigration didn't stamp my passport. I know there is usually 1 day between departure from Canada and arrival to the other country so I guess I could just deduct 1 day from the arrival date.

Say I do get the date wrong by 1 or 2 days and they notice when they check CBSA's records (I'm giving them permission to do so), what will be the consequence?

I selected "No" on the 2nd part of 9C.

Good idea on the paper envelope suggestion, thanks!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
dexter1975 said:
Hello again guys! So i just finished my CELPIP TEST yesterday. Now i have to waitfor 8 business days for the score to come out. And while waiting i am filling up the application papers for citizenship and gathering the required data as well. I have some questions though, on Q3-c, it says there to list any other names used including name at birth.. Etc) it asks there to provide details: what does this exactly mean? What details should i write there?

Second question. For addresses in the past 4 years, do i have to include the time and the address i stayed in when i went for a vacation? I had a month vacation to the Philippines.

Thanks!!
If you have changed your name or used any other names (name at birth, maiden name, previous married names) since birth then you may need to write those names in there.
You may need to provide legal name change certificate etc. If you never changed/used any other name since birth and its always the same since birth then just write "N/A" in Section 3 C boxes.

In address history you need to provide addresses for past 4 years where you used to live(primary home address).
The vacation information needs to be written on online residence calculator.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
crul said:
Unfortunately, I don't have the exact date that I left Canada, only the date I arrived in the other country, as Canadian immigration didn't stamp my passport. I know there is usually 1 day between departure from Canada and arrival to the other country so I guess I could just deduct 1 day from the arrival date.

Say I do get the date wrong by 1 or 2 days and they notice when they check CBSA's records (I'm giving them permission to do so), what will be the consequence?

I selected "No" on the 2nd part of 9C.

Good idea on the paper envelope suggestion, thanks!
If you don't remember the date when you left Canada then you may need to write the approximate date which would may be minus 1 to 2 days before you landed on another country. You can explain the same in the cover letter, if you wish.
You can check your boarding passes or tickets to see when you left Canada and when you entered Canada.

By the way, CBSA only records entries not exits. Exits to USA are recorded since June 2013.

If you haven't submitted your application yet, and as you have said you don't live in Quebec, then select "No" on first part of 9c and on second part of 9c don't select "Yes" or "No" , instead of that, write "N/A" with a black pen near to it.

By the way, did you submit your application yet or not?

dexter1975

May 17, 2015
Guys, pardon me for asking again, I just didn't want to commit any mistake when I submit my application. And I know this forum could help me a lot in answering things that are vague for me. So, as I mentioned, I just took the CELPIP test yesterday, now in the Education history, I am aware that only education in the past 4 years are needed to be declared.. I didn't attend any, except for this CELPIP test. There is a question in the section, asking if I have attended or participated in English/French Language training. Should I tick this question or not?

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
dexter1975 said:
Guys, pardon me for asking again, I just didn't want to commit any mistake when I submit my application. And I know this forum could help me a lot in answering things that are vague for me. So, as I mentioned, I just took the CELPIP test yesterday, now in the Education history, I am aware that only education in the past 4 years are needed to be declared.. I didn't attend any, except for this CELPIP test. There is a question in the section, asking if I have attended or participated in English/French Language training. Should I tick this question or not?
no think that CELPIP IS just a test isn't it ? not a training course.

kannadiga

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2011
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012
LANDED..........
22-03-2012 (Insha Allah)
Hi All,

I'm planning to apply for citizenship soon. I'm just new to this thread. Pardon me if this question has been answered earlier. When I took the citizenship photos the photographer told me that I have to write my name on the back of the photo for only one photo. Is this correct or do i have to write on the bac of both the photos?

Thanks in advance.

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
kannadiga said:
Hi All,

I'm planning to apply for citizenship soon. I'm just new to this thread. Pardon me if this question has been answered earlier. When I took the citizenship photos the photographer told me that I have to write my name on the back of the photo for only one photo. Is this correct or do i have to write on the bac of both the photos?

Thanks in advance.
One photo But it is no harm to right on back of the both

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From the website: "Print the name of the person on the back of the photos." -so both :)

kannadiga said:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

kannadiga

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2011
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012
LANDED..........
22-03-2012 (Insha Allah)
Thank you guys! :)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
kannadiga said:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
Please read the following link, it will answer all your questions.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs-cit.asp

crul

May 22, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
If you don't remember the date when you left Canada then you may need to write the approximate date which would may be minus 1 to 2 days before you landed on another country. You can explain the same in the cover letter, if you wish.
You can check your boarding passes or tickets to see when you left Canada and when you entered Canada.

By the way, CBSA only records entries not exits. Exits to USA are recorded since June 2013.

If you haven't submitted your application yet, and as you have said you don't live in Quebec, then select "No" on first part of 9c and on second part of 9c don't select "Yes" or "No" , instead of that, write "N/A" with a black pen near to it.

By the way, did you submit your application yet or not?
Not quite yet, still putting it together. I ended up finding my flight itineraries so now I know the exact dates for my absences, thankfully.

I had one more question in regards to section 5D of the form. I just recently moved, as in 3 days ago and so I have a new home address. For this question, I have put down 0 years and 1 month. Are they expecting us to round up to 1 month or round down to 0?

Thank you so much for your help.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
crul said:
Not quite yet, still putting it together. I ended up finding my flight itineraries so now I know the exact dates for my absences, thankfully.

I had one more question in regards to section 5D of the form. I just recently moved, as in 3 days ago and so I have a new home address. For this question, I have put down 0 years and 1 month. Are they expecting us to round up to 1 month or round down to 0?

Thank you so much for your help.
I am not too sure however you may try this:

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=3%20days%20into%20months

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Gee, thanks for the "stupid" part.
If you read again my first post you will see that I did not send anything more than required by CIC. Yes, I did spend a long time proofreading and organizing my documents, but that's all.
Every time I have to apply for something, even my Revenu declaration, I become very anxious and try to do the best I can.
And I son't see anything wrong in keeping all the required documents and forms very well organized and visible and make the job of the other person easier.
Cheers!

Munchenxx said:
Don't understand why ppl here would send documents CIC doesn't ask for at this phase...
Just follow the checklist of page7 in the form,that is it....many of my friends here have successfully obtained citizenship, none of them send anything over the checklist.

The other thing is, the more you prepare, the more chance you are exposed to mistakes.
I read a post here yesterday, in which a guy sends a lot more fancy stuff and organized his package with a lot of post-it notes...which is far over the checklist. BUT,he forgot to print his name on the back of the photo, which is required by CIC... No offence here but, isn't that stupid?

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
So, as I said, I mailed my application on May 22nd. Canada Post tracking service tells me that the expected delivery date is May 29th.
Fingers crossed, friends.

Destined

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: may 2015 applicants for citizenship

No AOR's yet for any of the May applicants.. Any guess from members?? why we are not getting any AOR's. Is it because of CIC staff getting trained on new rules of C-24?? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Admin,Can we add the City column in the excel sheet so that we have a better understanding of the local office of the applicants.. :) :) :) :)

Thankyou
regards
Destined

Bigudi said:
So, as I said, I mailed my application on May 22nd. Canada Post tracking service tells me that the expected delivery date is May 29th.
Fingers crossed, friends.