+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Sounds good. Thank-you!

steve138 said:
Just FYI

I have a friend who didn't write his name on the back of the photos and they process his application with no issues.
He submitted his application last year.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
steve138 said:
Just FYI

I have a friend who didn't write his name on the back of the photos and they process his application with no issues.
He submitted his application last year.

That friend of yours is very lucky.............

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
True ! Applications already have been sent back because of other smaller issues. That depends entirely on the mood of the agent processing your file!

As well as..another small issue i came across here in the forum a couple if times: The AOR does not mean that everything is fine with your application. Its simply an Acknowledgement of receipt and that your file has been opened. The processing comes after.

My file for PR was opened (AOR) in Feb 2011...and i received mail in May 2011 that documents were missing and i had 60 days to get them or i can restart.

Immigration is and will always be an exiting event until the very end. :)

gst8486 said:

That friend of yours is very lucky.............

ctspeight

Dec 5, 2011
hi,

i have a question about the address history part of the application. how detailed do you have to be? for instance when i moved here as a PR i stayed with a friend for 2 weeks until i found my own place, should i put my friends address even though i didn't ever state that as my address for any governmental body? or should i pretend my lease started 2 weeks earlier i.e from landing?

part of my 1095 physical days are days from before i got my PR, when i was in Canada on a tourist visa. it was 2 holidays (first 10 days and the second time 33days) i stayed with friends, should i include those addresses even though i was on holiday?

thanks for your help

sokratos

Apr 3, 2015
ctspeight said:
hi,

i have a question about the address history part of the application. how detailed do you have to be? for instance when i moved here as a PR i stayed with a friend for 2 weeks until i found my own place, should i put my friends address even though i didn't ever state that as my address for any governmental body? or should i pretend my lease started 2 weeks earlier i.e from landing?

part of my 1095 physical days are days from before i got my PR, when i was in Canada on a tourist visa. it was 2 holidays (first 10 days and the second time 33days) i stayed with friends, should i include those addresses even though i was on holiday?

thanks for your help
@ ctspeight

You should read this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/addresses-in-the-past-four-years-t285692.0.html

ASHABU

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
sao paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/4/2015
AOR Received.
21/05/2015
File Transfer...
25/05/2015
Hi

They received my application on 10/May/2015
anyone know how long i will be waiting before I receive the AOR please

Ash

canadaon

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent the application for my wife and kids as I am still not eligible to apply. Below is the timeline.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Citizenship Timeline
Application Sent: 16th May 2015
Application Received: 21st May 2015
AOR: waiting

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here's the spreadsheet link again for everyone: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jDOqiILRSPU01t6UukQ9krCWBvaroaIkOPZcjoENMyw/edit#gid=0
Please write your timeline. Thanks.

Destined

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All, :) :) :)
A) I have applied for Citizenship. Lets discuss our individual estimations for Regular May applicant's - processing times
(My guess is 3-4.5 Months)

B) Can any member correct my understanding of the stages from

"Citizenship application courier delivered" stage
TO
" Canadian passport received" stages ;) ;) ;) ;)

1)AOR Rec'd
2)In Process
3)Transfered to local office
4)Test Date
5)Oath Date
6) Apply for Canadian passport

Thankyou in Advance. :) :) :) :)

Destined.

thecoolguysam said:
anywhere around 1-4 months

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My guess is 6-10months. Allowing 1-2months per steps not including Canadian Passport. Basing this from previous months.

Destined said:
Hello All, :) :) :)
A) I have applied for Citizenship. Lets discuss our individual estimations for Regular May applicant's - processing times
(My guess is 3-4.5 Months)

B) Can any member correct my understanding of the stages from

"Citizenship application courier delivered" stage
TO
" Canadian passport received" stages ;) ;) ;) ;)

1)AOR Rec'd
2)In Process
3)Transfered to local office
4)Test Date
5)Oath Date
6) Apply for Canadian passport

Thankyou in Advance. :) :) :) :)

Destined.

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi my dear May-2015 fellows,

Just wanna confirm: which date will be used to decide if one is applicable of the new C-24 rule ot the existing 1095 days rule? The date when our application package is delivered and signed by CIC? Or the date when AOR is received?

My instance: My application package is received by CIC today. IF(i say IF) C-24 gets into effective on Jun,01,2015, and CIC only open my package and send me AOR in Aug,2015. Will I still be applicable to the existing 1095 days rule? OR the new C-24 rule?

Thanks a lot.

fsidki

Mar 29, 2015
My Application Rec today and I had updated sheet.

Date : 2015/05/22
Time : 08:07
Description: Item successfully delivered

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Hello friends,
I sent my Canadian Citizen Application yesterday, the May 21st.
I tried to do it very, VERY organized and thoroughly. I proofread my form several times and gave it to a person to also proofread it. I gathered all the necessary documents and organized everything in a very neat way.
I separated all documents and forms with paper clips and a colorful post-it naming exactly what contains each paper clip. In a few words, I tried to make the agent’s job as easy as possible.
However… as soon as I laid my head on the pillow last night, I realized that I forgot to write my name on the back of the photos. They have the stamps with the local where they were made and the date… but I really forgot to write my name.
I read here on this topic that someone had no problems with that, but at the same time, this is completely random.
Anyone else had any experience of this kind with friends to share?
I hope everything is going to be fine. I am really nervous and can’t relax right now. When the law changes, I don’t know how much more difficult it will be to get this citizenship.
The spreadsheet is a great idea and I will fill it with my data.
Thanks everybody!