+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

fsidki

Mar 29, 2015
toronto201516 said:
Hi,

I paid the fee for my citizenship application online on Thursday (14-May-2015). At the last step, I didnt get any bardcoded receipt with the section to fill my name as mentioned in instructions guide. I only got a simple 'transaction approved' receipt. Please help me to let me know that will i receive the barcoded receipt in email? and when? As i need barcode receipt to send with my citizenship application.

Looking for responses

Hi,

Same error happened with me on May 14th 2015 as well and I contacted CIC help desk they said I will get my original receipt in 10 business days.But I got my receipt in email and online account on May 15th 2015.

I will say just check with your bank/Credit card and wait for the email because the agent confirmed me they know its a known error in the system.

Thanks
FS.

fsidki

Mar 29, 2015
oren said:
Nice. So they emailed it again to you?

Your PR card client ID #.
No I don't think so they had email me because they said it will take 10 business days and I will receive email. She(Agent) said they have some problem with online payment method.

I guess they fix the issue so that I received my receipt in email and in online account.

Thanks

FS

fsidki

Mar 29, 2015
I had mailed my application today but it will go out on Tuesday and hopefully will reach On Friday 22nd 2015.

Good Luck to everyone!

Thanks
FS

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
fsidki said:
I had mailed my application today but it will go out on Tuesday and hopefully will reach On Friday 22nd 2015.

Good Luck to everyone!

Thanks
FS
Same here!

dexter1975

May 17, 2015
Hi everyone! I just have a few questions with regards to applying for citizenship. Right now I am over 1095 days, 2 weeks over to be exact. But I am hesitant to apply yet since I do not have IELTS nor CELPIP certificate to send. But I am a College graduate, Business Management back in the Philippines, a 4 year course. Is Transcript or a Diploma sufficient enough to prove my English Proficiency?

Note: You must have successfully finished a secondary or post-secondary program in English o French.

A single course done in English or French does not meet the requirement

The diploma, certificate or transcript should be in English or French. If it is not in English or French, you must also send a certified English or French translation of the document. It should clearly show that the program was completed with English or French as the language of instruction.

What do they mean about a Single course done in English does not meet the requirement?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's clear.
You need to have finished a PROGRAM, to have a diploma not just have taken individual subjects/courses.

danless

Jul 16, 2012
@dexter1975 : diploma and transcript is enough.same like we did...we got AOR after 2 weeks (March Applicant)

dexter1975

May 17, 2015
@danless, do i still need a letter from my school, indicating that medium of teaching was purely done in English language? I actually just registered for a CELPIP GENERAL LS TEST, on Friday, May 22. But i was hoping to submit my application papers this week and just follow up the result of the test ( praying that I pass it, with little preparation). Do u think that's okay? Thanks!

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
dexter1975 said:
@ danless, do i still need a letter from my school, indicating that medium of teaching was purely done in English language? I actually just registered for a CELPIP GENERAL LS TEST, on Friday, May 22. But i was hoping to submit my application papers this week and just follow up the result of the test ( praying that I pass it, with little preparation). Do u think that's okay? Thanks!
I think you need a letter from principal indicating that medium of instruction was English . If you come from non English speaking countries , where English is not the first language.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't do anything and just gave them my transcript. Most subjects in the Philippines is in English, even Philippine History lol. Now that I checked my transcript again there are some Filipino subjects not written in English lol, hopefully that's okay.
My packaged got delivered last May 7th, maybe another 1-2weeks more before I hear anything from CIC.

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: My Package sent to Sydney this mroning 8)

Wish i can get thru a very efficient procedure and obtain citizenship soon:)
Same wish to all of you here.:)

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
Paid my fee today , will post it twomarrow. Hopefully everything will be smooth

pl840502

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Like J0an on the spreadsheet, I also forgot to print my name on the back of my photos. This one is pretty tricky since they didn't mention it on the manual but mentioned it on the separate photo requirement sheet...Anyho hope if they are going to return my application they can return it quick so that I can send it out again right away...

Good luck guys!

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Has anyone got his/her application package back just for not writing the DOB and name on the back of the photos?

pl840502 said:
Like J0an on the spreadsheet, I also forgot to print my name on the back of my photos. This one is pretty tricky since they didn't mention it on the manual but mentioned it on the separate photo requirement sheet...Anyho hope if they are going to return my application they can return it quick so that I can send it out again right away...

Good luck guys!

steve138

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/Feb/2011
AOR Received.
29/Aug/2011
Med's Request
29/Aug/2011
Med's Done....
10/Sep/2011
Passport Req..
01/Feb/2013
VISA ISSUED...
27/Feb/2013
USK said:
Has anyone got his/her application package back just for not writing the DOB and name on the back of the photos?
Just FYI

I have a friend who didn't write his name on the back of the photos and they process his application with no issues.
He submitted his application last year.