+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

fsidki

Mar 29, 2015
jassi_cool1980 said:
Yes , I have the same thing going on
Hi Jassi,

When you say Yes, I have the same thing going on...What does this mean...??Are you sending your kids papers like(Long Birth cert,Canadian passport..etc) Or your not sending anything since they are not going school...??

Thanks
Furqi!

fsidki

Mar 29, 2015
malimm0a75 said:
MAY 2015 applicants are somewhat quiet...???? whereas the adrenaline should be high and pumping...!!!!

those who have found something extra in the forms to fill, any documentation , any certain questions or any generic info please share...!! at this point the excitement, fear and anxiety is way too much to think something clear and without talking to someone I feel one can make a mistake which will cost people a YEAR more in Limbo...! a fresh set of eyes and fresh brain would do a good help...!!!!

like I have a question:

Do we sign the form and calculator with black pen or blue pen? ( I heard they want it in Black pen)))

what could be the case when some people are asking CBSA to give them their entry/exit record where as in the form it is clearly said "Please do not contact CBSA to request your history of entries..??"

cheers

Yes your 100% right everyone should play on front leg now...:)

Answer you question I guess it should be BLACK pen because I think we will be printing the form so BLACK it should be ...

Thanks
Furqi!

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
fsidki said:
Hi Jassi,

When you say Yes, I have the same thing going on...What does this mean...??Are you sending your kids papers like(Long Birth cert,Canadian passport..etc) Or your not sending anything since they are not going school...??

Thanks
Furqi!
i have a kid , but i am applying only for myself right now . but still i am sending all documents concerning my kid like education , birth etc. along with application . other wise they will send back your application

fsidki

Mar 29, 2015
jassi_cool1980 said:
i have a kid , but i am applying only for myself right now . but still i am sending all documents concerning my kid like education , birth etc. along with application . other wise they will send back your application
Thanks Jassi.

Yes your right my elder one is 2 years old so I don't have any educational record but I will send birth cert and etc...

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Well we are almost at May so best of luck May applicants.

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey fellas,

Quick Q: I will reach 1096 days on May 07,2015, and plan to submit application ASAP after that(maybe one week extra as buffer). Lets say May 15, 2015.

Seems it would take 1 month or so to receive AOR from CIC ( I am in Montreal.). Say, Jun 15,2015.

IF C24 get effective on Jun 01,2015.(I mean IF.), will i be appliable to C-24? Or will CIC still handle my case with the adorable old 1095 law ?

You answer is very important to me.
Thanks a lot!

malimm0a75

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
If someone is applying for as single person, the person should add the following in his application (kids educational record)

1) school attendance record
2) CBE registration form for kids
3) kids birth certificate (English) or passport bio pages
4) kids report card (for their end of academic year reports)

Destined

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,
I spoke to CIC customer care Supervisor yesterday and he said the effective date will be from June 19th onwards. :) :) :) :)

Please note that the Effective date for Summer in Canada is June 20th and This also confirms what the minster said on Video(face book link) ;) ;) ;)

I left Canada only once in last 4 years hence I am going ahead with 1096 days.
I will be eligible(1096 days ) on May 10th and I am planning to sign, Pay fees and send the application on May 11th.
I will watch this link every day from now and hopefully we all get our Citizenship before this XMAS.. AMEN :D :D :D :D
Regards
Destined.

samreentariq said:
Well we are almost at May so best of luck May applicants.

sokratos

Apr 3, 2015
Munchenxx said:
Hey fellas,

Quick Q: I will reach 1096 days on May 07,2015, and plan to submit application ASAP after that(maybe one week extra as buffer). Lets say May 15, 2015.

Seems it would take 1 month or so to receive AOR from CIC ( I am in Montreal.). Say, Jun 15,2015.

IF C24 get effective on Jun 01,2015.(I mean IF.), will i be appliable to C-24? Or will CIC still handle my case with the adorable old 1095 law ?

You answer is very important to me.
Thanks a lot!
If indeed C24 applies in June, my understanding is that whether CIC will review your file under old law or new law will depend on when they received your application. I don't think that they will only proceed with applications that have received AOR before the new law become effective. My guess, it will depend on when they officially received your application and the stamp on your envelope is crucial. Again, it's only a guess and it would deeply be unfair for those who are eligible in May and will most likely receive their AOR end of June if they get their applications returned because they haven't received AOR before the new law applied if C24 become effective in June as many here seem to believe. Everything is possible though.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011

Steps for Citizenship Application preparation:

Download the forms from following
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/adults.asp

Also read the application guide available on the above link.

Get your photographs done too, make sure they are as per citizenship application specs, and don't forget to get it stamped at the back
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs-cit.asp

You will need the following documents

- Application Form - Make sure you include postal codes for all Canadian and foreign addresses where you lived
- Don't leave any column empty, for any non applicable column put “N/A”

- Online Residence Calculator (Don't Forget to Sign - a very common mistake applicants do)

- Copy of Landing paper

- Copy of PR Card (Copy of Both Sides)

- Copy of Driving License (Copy of Both Sides)

- Copy of Health Card (Copy of Both Sides)

- Passport page copies - Biometric Pages and Pages with entry or exit stamps (old & new)

- Copy of IELTS score card or any other CIC approved English proficiency test results (Language Proof)

- TRANSCRIPTs from University or college you attended (Copy)

- Photos (Don't Forget to put your name at the back - a very common mistake applicants do)

- Fee Receipt

Pay online for your application https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

Make sure you keep a copy of full application package before mailing it. Send it via courier even if you have to pay extra.There is a different address in case you want to send via courier

sokratos

Apr 3, 2015
yayay523 said:
What is the different between " completion of a program" and "graduation from a program" ?? Looks like "Certificate" is only counted when "graduation from the program". I got a accounting certificate after completion of 10 courses, will it be recognized as the language proof?
Graduation seem to apply for certificate. Anyhow, if you successfully graduate from a secondary or post-secondary program conducted in French or English, and your are between 18 and 54 years old, the certificate should be enough as language proof. if you still have doubts on whether your certificate could be considerate as secondary or post-secondary degree you should ask the school where you graduated from or CIC if you patient enough.

Destined

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thankyou GST8486,
+1 from me for this post of yours.

Can some one correct me if this points are valid, I read them on other sections of this forum.

Include Your children's school attending documents or Education reports (If applicable)
Use BLACK ink to sign on every page of the application form.
If there is any change in legal name, attach Legal name change certificate and ID proofs with new name on it.

Thankyou.

gst8486 said:

Get your photographs done too, make sure they are as per citizenship application specs, and don't forget to get it stamped

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, hope everyone's getting ready to put in the application :)

I am putting together my documents. I had a bit of traveling in the last 4 years so decided to wait for around 4 weeks before sending the application coming Monday. I need your help with question 5(E).

I have been a resident of Toronto since arriving in Canada. Two years ago, I worked for a company in Vancouver for a month. During that time I stayed at a friend's place in Vancouver. My paychecks and T4 have my friend's address. However I was still keeping my Toronto apt. and paying rent.

I am confused as to which of the addresses should I put in the application. As I was physically working at company location in Vancouver and living in Vancouver too. But also I was keeping my apt in Toronto and paid rent here.

I very appreciate your help in anticipation!!

Best,

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gst8486 said:

Get your photographs done too, make sure they are as per citizenship application specs, and don't forget to get it stamped at the back

- Application Form - Make sure you include postal codes for all Canadian and foreign addresses where you lived
- Don't leave any column empty, for any non applicable column put “N/A”

- Online Residence Calculator (Don't Forget to Sign - a very common mistake applicants do)

- Copy of Landing paper

- Copy of PR Card (Copy of Both Sides)

- Copy of Driving License (Copy of Both Sides)

- Copy of Health Card (Copy of Both Sides)

- Passport page copies - Biometric Pages and Pages with entry or exit stamps (old & new)

- Copy of IELTS score card or any other CIC approved English proficiency test results (Language Proof)

- TRANSCRIPTs from University or college you attended (Copy)

- Photos (Don't Forget to put your name at the back - a very common mistake applicants do)

- Fee Receipt

Pay online for your application https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

Make sure you keep a copy of full application package before mailing it. Send it via courier even if you have to pay extra.There is a different address in case you want to send via courier

For passport, only the biometric pages and renewal pages(if any) are needed. NO need to provide stamp pages for this step. We will only be required to provide these pages in the final interview.

Try to keep it simple. No need to provide extra stuff. The more you provide, the more potential issues.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Munchenxx said:
Try to keep it simple. No need to provide extra stuff. The more you provide, the more potential issues.
I also agree with that, but as you know some people believe that there is a magic trick out there to avoid RQs.