Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2015; 02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2015
LANDED..........
24-07-2015 soon 8)
Nltocan, i have spoken to a more experienced person and seems like CIC sometimes makes "mistakes", like sending the app completely somewhere else.. i suggest you send them an e-mail ASAP, to make a case specific enquiry and ask about your file. tell them your VO is Vienna. hopefully this won't delay your app too much :(

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Nltocan said:
It IS weird! Maybe I shouldn't bring any attention to it if they're really that fast... They might realize their mistake. Neither of us have ever spent any time living in the US, so that can't be it. The email address is ottpilot-immigration @ cicblahblahblah and after some googling I did read something about a pilot project to speed up processing for busier VO's but as far as I can see that was only for PNP's and federal skilled workers applications.
if you're contact info is for the pilot program, i think that is different than the regular ottawa processing. As an ottawa/us applicant, my contact info is NOT for the pilot program. Your best bet would be to call the CIC call center before emailing. You have a better chance at getting some info sooner. Case specific emails are not answered very quickly, as far as i understand.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
The Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa (CPP-O) is not different than the Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O), it's the same office. CPP-O is the former name which appeared on this list: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp (scroll down to Americas)

But as you can see, the former name "Pilot" has been replaced with the current name "Centre". And the address for the pilot that you have is simply an old email address of theirs, which according to other members of this forum, is still valid and CIC still uses it to reply to applicants. (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/case-processing-centre-ottawa-t185333.0.html)

The Ottawa office though, processes applications only from within Canada or USA. So in my opinion, your former inland application (which you cancelled in 2012) has created some confusion and they wrongfully sent your file to the Ottawa office instead of Vienna as per your current outland application.

Get in touch with them ASAP.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Avadava said:
The Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa (CPP-O) is not different than the Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O), it's the same office. CPP-O is the former name which appeared on this list: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp (scroll down to Americas)

But as you can see, the former name "Pilot" has been replaced with the current name "Centre". And the address for the pilot that you have is simply an old email address of theirs, which according to other members of this forum, is still valid and CIC still uses it to reply to applicants. (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/case-processing-centre-ottawa-t185333.0.html)
i think it's important to remember that although it may be the same physical address, we don't know what departments get what files, and if there are internal directives for agents to handle files for specific applicants. As the emails aren't agent specific, we don't know how they are distributed. We can't assume anything with CIC. I can have the same work address as someone else who does something completely different than me. Also, I can sit next to someone who has a different role than me. I imagine it's the same in government offices.

I don't think it can be said this office "only" handles such and such files. There have been many changes lately, and we don't know what internal directives have been made regarding the processing of files. We are seeing information that what once was true and posted online is not necessarily true today.

I agree, it's best to contact them, and I think by phone is the "quickest". If CIC is using that contact information in recent notifications, there is a reason for it.

shinningstar

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
Just wanna share the following link for ppl applying for CSQ

http://www.midi.gouv.qc.ca/fr/ministere/declaration-services/delais.html

It states that the decision for family sponsorship should be finalized in 25 days (doesn't say business days or calender days)

beeelythe

Star Member
Oct 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Doc's Request.
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
08-09-2014
Med's Done....
14-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
26-12-2017
LANDED..........
29-12-2017
Feeling a bit down...

Our application was received on May 21st after being overnighted on May 20th. I've been trying to wait patiently, but I finally called CIC yesterday because I was scared that our app might have been misplaced or thrown out. My common-law spouse lives with me in Canada and is working here with a NAFTA work permit, so he was issued a UCI with his visa when he arrived. We've tried checking ECAS with that number and it says that he cannot be found in their system.

The (very nice) rep I spoke with over the phone yesterday looked us up and said that our application has been received, but it isn't in process yet. He gave me what he called a temporary client ID number and a temporary application number (has anyone heard of this "temporary" number business, by the way?), but I keep seeing the spreadsheet with people adding their dates for AOR and SA and our line is empty. :( I guess there's not much more I can do than sit and wait (and obsessively check my email every five minutes).

Congrats to all who have received their SA and AOR, though!

jack87

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PCs: 29-08-2014
AOR Received.
SA: 01-08-2014 AOR2: 29-08-2014
File Transfer...
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
27-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
beeelythe said:
Feeling a bit down...

Our application was received on May 21st after being overnighted on May 20th. I've been trying to wait patiently, but I finally called CIC yesterday because I was scared that our app might have been misplaced or thrown out. My common-law spouse lives with me in Canada and is working here with a NAFTA work permit, so he was issued a UCI with his visa when he arrived. We've tried checking ECAS with that number and it says that he cannot be found in their system.

The (very nice) rep I spoke with over the phone yesterday looked us up and said that our application has been received, but it isn't in process yet. He gave me what he called a temporary client ID number and a temporary application number (has anyone heard of this "temporary" number business, by the way?), but I keep seeing the spreadsheet with people adding their dates for AOR and SA and our line is empty. :( I guess there's not much more I can do than sit and wait (and obsessively check my email every five minutes).

Congrats to all who have received their SA and AOR, though!
Ah my wife and I are in the same boat, except that my UCI does pull up an "Application received on ..." on ecas. I've been the one freaking out since we have heard nothing at all from our lawyer (who CIC is supposed to contact) and it's been 2 months 1 week and a half since they received our application. Several people have gotten SA way ahead of time and others have been delayed (one person on the spreadsheet who applied in early May still hasn't heard back); nobody knows why there are delays sometimes.

Nltocan

Jul 9, 2014
The Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-07-2014
File Transfer...
23-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2015
Avadava said:

The Ottawa office though, processes applications only from within Canada or USA. So in my opinion, your former inland application (which you cancelled in 2012) has created some confusion and they wrongfully sent your file to the Ottawa office instead of Vienna as per your current outland application.

Get in touch with them ASAP.
I've emailed them (no phone number provided and as I'm outside Canada I can't call the call centre)

Fingers crossed I'll hear something back before the end of the quoted 20 work day response time :-/

chantilocal

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2013
Hi rhcohen2014

The application timelines in your profile shows that the FAM application received in march and you got passport request by July 15th. is it true ?

Raj

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
chantilocal said:
Hi rhcohen2014

The application timelines in your profile shows that the FAM application received in march and you got passport request by July 15th. is it true ?

Raj
sure is! Ottawa is currently processing applications in 5-6 months. March applicants are getting COPR right now.

chantilocal

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2013
Good...thanks for the update

rhcohen2014 said:
sure is! Ottawa is currently processing applications in 5-6 months. March applicants are getting COPR right now.

shinningstar

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
Hey CutiePie I got the CSQ. yaaaay.

You should also get your mail checked. It might be there.

Now the long wait for stage 2 begins

ydj_dil

Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-May-2014
AOR Received.
28-Jul-2014
File Transfer...
01-Aug-2014
Med's Done....
01-Nov-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-Mar-2015
jack87 said:
Ah my wife and I are in the same boat, except that my UCI does pull up an "Application received on ..." on ecas. I've been the one freaking out since we have heard nothing at all from our lawyer (who CIC is supposed to contact) and it's been 2 months 1 week and a half since they received our application. Several people have gotten SA way ahead of time and others have been delayed (one person on the spreadsheet who applied in early May still hasn't heard back); nobody knows why there are delays sometimes.
That early May person is me :'( 79 days, going strong without SA! ;D

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
ydj_dil said:
That early May person is me :'( 79 days, going strong without SA! ;D
have you called CIC to inquire? or contact the sponsor's MP to see what the delay is about?