Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
PPR finally came in yesterday 22nd July. Finally some light at the end of the tunnel!! ;D. I was wondering. To land at the border I need a U.S. Visa right?
Can I just go to an international airport and land? If so, any ideas where at the airport to go? or do I have to be coming into canada from another country to be able to do that? Anyone with info please help!

ssohal153

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
kayceesin said:
COPR finally came in yesterday 22nd July. Finally some light at the end of the tunnel!! ;D. I was wondering. To land at the border I need a U.S. Visa right?
Can I just go to an international airport and land? If so, any ideas where at the airport to go? or do I have to be coming into canada from another country to be able to do that? Anyone with info please help!
You can do the inland landing if you are in Canada. It is good option no need to go to International Border.

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
kayceesin said:
Finally some light at the end of the tunnel!!
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/25507-he-d-been-wrong-there-was-a-light-at-the-end

cdunne66

Mar 19, 2015
Hey guys
Finally got second line on ECAS "we started processing your application July 17, 2015"
How long after this before PPR on average??
Medicals RPRF all done just waiting on PPR

Thanks

SGepM

Jul 23, 2015
Hi all, I am new to posting on this forum, and can't for the life of me figure out how to post a new topic (looked on the help page, and what I see on the page in front of me doesn't quite resemble the images in the help file... so I'm posting this in the most relevant-looking topic. [Update to this - BECAUSE I am new, it didn't seem to let me post a new topic - the link just wasn't there]

I'm currently in Canada with my family on work permit (hubby on work permit too), expiring at the end of this month. We applied for PR in May 2014 (hence my posting this message here). We received AOR in June or July last year, and request for police check (from RCMP) in February, and request for medicals, and RPRF (with email stating we had met eligibility requirements, but admissibility was still being assessed) last month. We applied for BOWP on June 17. All pretty uncomplicated so far.

Here's where the grey comes in - I am pregnant, with EDD of early Sept. Note: I have deferred the chest xray for myself until after I deliver, but the rest of the medical checks are complete, and ready to be sent in, if the doctor hasn't sent them yet. I am more than 250km away from the closest panel physician, so I had to ask for dispensation to use a local doctor (thankfully I was able to find a local doctor who would agree to perform the service, rather than having to drive my family 6+ hours to get the medicals done).

I don't know why it didn't occur to me to ask sooner, but since my work permit expires just before I go off on mat leave, this sheds a certain amount of doubt on whether I will be able to claim EI. I know I have 'implied status' to continue working, and remain in the country - but in terms of certain services (like OHIP, EI etc) I'm finding info hard to come by. I know I have to show that I have met eligibility requirements to renew OHIP - but the rep I spoke with was unsure of whether they could accept the particular email CIC had sent me, as it didn't resemble the letters in her 'manual' - but it's the only documentation I have!

I haven't come up with any info on EI though - has anyone else encountered a similar situation?

kayceesin

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-07-2014
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SGepM said:
Hi all, I am new to posting on this forum, and can't for the life of me figure out how to post a new topic (looked on the help page, and what I see on the page in front of me doesn't quite resemble the images in the help file... so I'm posting this in the most relevant-looking topic. [Update to this - BECAUSE I am new, it didn't seem to let me post a new topic - the link just wasn't there]

I'm currently in Canada with my family on work permit (hubby on work permit too), expiring at the end of this month. We applied for PR in May 2014 (hence my posting this message here). We received AOR in June or July last year, and request for police check (from RCMP) in February, and request for medicals, and RPRF (with email stating we had met eligibility requirements, but admissibility was still being assessed) last month. We applied for BOWP on June 17. All pretty uncomplicated so far.

Here's where the grey comes in - I am pregnant, with EDD of early Sept. Note: I have deferred the chest xray for myself until after I deliver, but the rest of the medical checks are complete, and ready to be sent in, if the doctor hasn't sent them yet. I am more than 250km away from the closest panel physician, so I had to ask for dispensation to use a local doctor (thankfully I was able to find a local doctor who would agree to perform the service, rather than having to drive my family 6+ hours to get the medicals done).

I don't know why it didn't occur to me to ask sooner, but since my work permit expires just before I go off on mat leave, this sheds a certain amount of doubt on whether I will be able to claim EI. I know I have 'implied status' to continue working, and remain in the country - but in terms of certain services (like OHIP, EI etc) I'm finding info hard to come by. I know I have to show that I have met eligibility requirements to renew OHIP - but the rep I spoke with was unsure of whether they could accept the particular email CIC had sent me, as it didn't resemble the letters in her 'manual' - but it's the only documentation I have!

I haven't come up with any info on EI though - has anyone else encountered a similar situation?

I was in a similar situation last year (slightly different though). I was due in July and my permit expired August. I went on mat leave in the beginning of July, so, my mat leave started before my WP expired. My application for EI, however was stalled because someone noticed my WP was ending soon.

For Health Care, all I did was phone Alberta health care and explain that I had applied to renew my work permit and should be getting it in a few weeks. The agent gave me an extension based on that pending the time my permit came through. Maybe you were unlucky and got a bad (lol) agent. Try calling again and just tell the agent you are still legal in Canada but your paperwork is being processed so you don't have it yet and ask if they can give you an extension.
As for the EI, I had to wait until my extension was granted and I had the paper physically in my hands. With this, I went to Service Canada and took a copy. That was when they completed my application. So what I am saying is you may have to wait. The good news in you will be back paid for the months you were not paid.

This is just my experience. I do not know if it applies to everyone in this situation, but I hope it helps you!
Best of luck

SGepM

Jul 23, 2015
kayceesin said:
I was in a similar situation last year (slightly different though). I was due in July and my permit expired August. I went on mat leave in the beginning of July, so, my mat leave started before my WP expired. My application for EI, however was stalled because someone noticed my WP was ending soon.

For Health Care, all I did was phone Alberta health care and explain that I had applied to renew my work permit and should be getting it in a few weeks. The agent gave me an extension based on that pending the time my permit came through. Maybe you were unlucky and got a bad (lol) agent. Try calling again and just tell the agent you are still legal in Canada but your paperwork is being processed so you don't have it yet and ask if they can give you an extension.
As for the EI, I had to wait until my extension was granted and I had the paper physically in my hands. With this, I went to Service Canada and took a copy. That was when they completed my application. So what I am saying is you may have to wait. The good news in you will be back paid for the months you were not paid.

This is just my experience. I do not know if it applies to everyone in this situation, but I hope it helps you!
Best of luck
Thank you for that, kayceesin! I suspected it would be the case - but didn't know they 'backpay' you. Most of the other people I've seen with similar situations have been -a. in family class, and -b. in the happy situation that the work permit expired AFTER they started mat leave.

I am heading into Service Ontario to negotiate the Health Card issue today - I hope I get reasonable folks. I'm in Timmins, so I don't really have a choice of office I can go to (I've seen some people on this forum recommend particular offices in the GTA that are knowledgeable enough in this sort of scenario to make a proper assessment).

The next sort of thorny question is: Do I still send in my application for EI when I stop working (along with proof of implied status) to just start the process, even though my work permit is expired, or should I wait until I have the BOWP in hand (in other words, will sending in the application in advance of getting the official paperwork actually slow things down?). I will see if I can speak with a Service Canada rep, and get an answer. I'll update when I find out (in case anyone else needs this kind of info).

kayceesin

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-07-2014
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SGepM said:
Thank you for that, kayceesin! I suspected it would be the case - but didn't know they 'backpay' you. Most of the other people I've seen with similar situations have been -a. in family class, and -b. in the happy situation that the work permit expired AFTER they started mat leave.

I am heading into Service Ontario to negotiate the Health Card issue today - I hope I get reasonable folks. I'm in Timmins, so I don't really have a choice of office I can go to (I've seen some people on this forum recommend particular offices in the GTA that are knowledgeable enough in this sort of scenario to make a proper assessment).

The next sort of thorny question is: Do I still send in my application for EI when I stop working (along with proof of implied status) to just start the process, even though my work permit is expired, or should I wait until I have the BOWP in hand (in other words, will sending in the application in advance of getting the official paperwork actually slow things down?). I will see if I can speak with a Service Canada rep, and get an answer. I'll update when I find out (in case anyone else needs this kind of info).
I think you should! Only because there is usually a deadline when applying for EI. You don't want to give them a reason to deny it. Get it in before the deadline. Mine took about 6 weeks after I sent in my BOWP.. so I think the process started only when I sent in my BOWP even though I have applied long before then. I did not mind because I knew I would get the back pay. Talk to the agent and see what they say.. they know better (SOMETIMES!). Let us know how it goes
Cheers

kayceesin

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-07-2014
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Emily_Prentiss said:
No one answerd my question and it's been like a month :(
Hello Emily I just saw ur message. Maybe it got pushed by other messages before anyone got a chance to read it. :). Did you apply for your GMSC notes? It should say when you are due for your next review. Funny enough I also had an employer and job issue. Hence my own delay.
If you have when did you order it and what does it say about your review?

May 9, 2014
kayceesin said:
Hello Emily I just saw ur message. Maybe it got pushed by other messages before anyone got a chance to read it. :). Did you apply for your GMSC notes? It should say when you are due for your next review. Funny enough I also had an employer and job issue. Hence my own delay.
If you have when did you order it and what does it say about your review?

What is GMSC?
I am doing everything through an immigration consultant and she told me that the wait is normal. I applied for my PR on May 8th 2014 and I got the AOR a week after or something like that,in January 2015 they send an email telling me that they have concerns about my job position and the wages and need another letter of my employer to confirm my wages and at the same time they asked for Criminal record from Croatia which is where I'm from originally. I sent them the new letter from employer and a criminal record and my immigration consultant said that now we have to wait till they send me a request for a medical which is what I have been waiting but I'm just a little concerned cause I see people getting their PR and they applied after me so I'm not sure if everyrhing is ok with my application or the government is just so slow??
My immigration consultant emailed them about the status of the application and they haven't emailed anything back yet.I just wanted to know if there is anyone who waited longer then 15 months for their PR?

June02

Jun 5, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
28-06-2015 for intent to live outside of Quebec
Nomination.....
02-06-2014
AOR Received.
15-07-2014
IELTS Request
Send with Application
File Transfer...
Not updated till date
Med's Request
01-07-2015
Med's Done....
11-07-2015 Ecas (Upfront Feb 16 2015)
Interview........
Recommended in GCMS Note But No done
Passport Req..
19 Aug 2019 Request to change Vis office on 20 Aug , it done on 8 sep
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
16 Oct 2015
Emily_Prentiss said:
What is GMSC?
I am doing everything through an immigration consultant and she told me that the wait is normal. I applied for my PR on May 8th 2014 and I got the AOR a week after or something like that,in January 2015 they send an email telling me that they have concerns about my job position and the wages and need another letter of my employer to confirm my wages and at the same time they asked for Criminal record from Croatia which is where I'm from originally. I sent them the new letter from employer and a criminal record and my immigration consultant said that now we have to wait till they send me a request for a medical which is what I have been waiting but I'm just a little concerned cause I see people getting their PR and they applied after me so I'm not sure if everyrhing is ok with my application or the government is just so slow??
My immigration consultant emailed them about the status of the application and they haven't emailed anything back yet.I just wanted to know if there is anyone who waited longer then 15 months for their PR?

Hi,
It a log file of your application which had all the information about your process. If you are in Canada you can apply free or else you have to pay 5$ . You an get within 30day after summit your request

Below is the link and other parameter what you need to fill
Hope this will help you

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/gcms-notes-t155484.0.html;msg2402019#msg2402019

ljiljka007

Jan 3, 2013
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
sent PCC for spouse on Oct 20, without request
AOR Received.
06/24/2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
08-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
LANDED..........
17-08-2015
Medical submitted by doctor on July 8th. Still nothing on cic website, plus no PPR as of yet :((

Any of you guys waited this long for PPR? Its been 3 weeks almost..