waiting
Passport Req..
06-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Immigrate(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Visit(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Work(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Study(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Citizenship(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
New immigrants(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Canadians(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
My Application(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
HomeMy applicationProcessing times
Processing Times: Family Sponsorship
This information is updated weekly (step 1) and quarterly (step 2) and shows the time it takes to process an application after we receive a complete application package.

There are two steps in processing family sponsorship applications. In order to know the total approximate time it may take for your application to be processed, ADD the time in step 1 to the time in step 2 (the two steps are consecutive).

Last update: June 5, 2013

Alert – Strike Action

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation.

Is anybody is aware of this

vicky123

Feb 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-May-2013[Got Back(Missing Signature) Sent Again 1st June]
AOR Received.
26 June
File Transfer...
26 June
Med's Done....
March-2013
Interview........
Hopefully Waived - Simple Case, No Travel History
Passport Req..
19 July
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi

I have got My Complete Application Package back due to Missing Signature on One Form on 26 May 2013, I have resent the Package again on 30 May , Still did not get any AOR, .I am worried because last Time I got the Application Package Damaged from Canada Post. I am worried at this point because I did not get any AOR Yet, Don't know what to do, Do I need to Call CIC regarding this. Can they send Back again? Can Someone Please Advise.

Thanks,
Vicky

Thaliada

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 6th, 2013
File Transfer...
July 15th, 2013
Med's Done....
May 9th, 2013
scos said:
Let's put it this way: if I am not right then how was my sponsorship approved and why was my wife's passport requested and a re-medical requested? One would think they would have sent my app back long ago or requested that parts of the app be resubmitted.
My whole application has been returned. I don't even know how to begin writing how I feel. They said: "you must provide a completed and signed Additional Family Information (IMM5406) for the Principal Applicant."

Is this because of the issue we just discussed in this thread? Is it because under the form IMM5669E I checked the box with "the spouse of the principal applicant" instead of "the principal applicant"? If I change that form will it be enough? Or do I have to submit the IMM5406 although he has no dependents? Do I have to pay the fees again? Ugh... What should I do now? :((

Also, under the form IMM5406 - 2nd line - the principal's applicant spouse - is that me? Under NOTE 1 - if he is the sponsored person under the spouse category, how can they ask him to sign that he has no spouse? It makes no sense...

Also, under the children section: I have a daughter from my previous marriage. Is my daughter his step-daughter? Do I have to include her under his form (IMM5406)?

Please help. Thank you.

Thaliada.

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
Thaliada said:
My whole application has been returned. I don't even know how to begin writing how I feel. They said: "you must provide a completed and signed Additional Family Information (IMM5406) for the Principal Applicant."

Is this because of the issue we just discussed in this thread? Is it because under the form IMM5669E I checked the box with "the spouse of the principal applicant" instead of "the principal applicant"? If I change that form will it be enough? Or do I have to submit the IMM5406 although he has no dependents? Do I have to pay the fees again? Ugh... What should I do now? :((

Also, under the form IMM5406 - 2nd line - the principal's applicant spouse - is that me? Under NOTE 1 - if he is the sponsored person under the spouse category, how can they ask him to sign that he has no spouse? It makes no sense...

Also, under the children section: I have a daughter from my previous marriage. Is my daughter his step-daughter? Do I have to include her under his form (IMM5406)?

Please help. Thank you.

Thaliada.
Simply changing the check box from one to the other will not be enough since many of the questions depend on what was checked. For instance, from what I understand you are sponsoring an American husband. So you are the sponsor and he is the principal applicant. So if you were filling out the form assuming you were the principal applicant then the questions will have answers pertaining to YOU, not to HIM.

Another example is that you ask about your daughter. As she is YOUR daughter and is already a citizen she has no place on the application. On any forms dealing with the principal applicant where they talk about dependents they mean HIS dependents.

I think your best bet would be to go through the entire checklist. Go over each form step by step ensuring that any questions dealing with sponsor have your answers and any for applicant have his answers. Look at this also as an opportunity to correct or fill in any questions you may have missed the first time around, and also add any new supporting documents you may have found. What I would not do is try to rush it by trying to find the minimal number of corrections necessary to make it acceptable. While you MIGHT get it "good enough" there is also a good chance it will just be returned again.

So calm down, download the forms again, and just treat this as a your final draft and you should be fine. Also I have noticed in the past that when returned apps are resubmitted they do seem to get fast-tracked. There were a few from last year that really didn't lose that much time at all. So don't worry.

Thaliada

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 6th, 2013
File Transfer...
July 15th, 2013
Med's Done....
May 9th, 2013
Thank you very much for your reply. You are right. I am just gonna go over the whole thing again and not rush it. I am sure everything will be fine :)

Thaliada

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
;D Wowo....my fiancee received an email

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2013/05/23 on behalf of the following member(s): my name

I got my UCI and Application No. in the mail too!!

step one completed! :p

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
torontosam said:
I got PPR today by email
can anyone tell me the exact address for new delhi where to send the passport
Thanks
wow, your case went really fast! just like 2 weeks after you have received your SA and now you are confirmed getting your PR!! wow congrats!

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
vicky123 said:
Hi

I have got My Complete Application Package back due to Missing Signature on One Form on 26 May 2013, I have resent the Package again on 30 May , Still did not get any AOR, .I am worried because last Time I got the Application Package Damaged from Canada Post. I am worried at this point because I did not get any AOR Yet, Don't know what to do, Do I need to Call CIC regarding this. Can they send Back again? Can Someone Please Advise.

Thanks,
Vicky

hi vicky,

my application reached CIC on 23 May and i just received my AOR toady on 13 June, took 21 days! so dont worry !I guess u will have you AOR in a week.

DVA

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
11-07-2013
File Transfer...
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
Thaliada said:

Please help. Thank you.

Thaliada.
Hi Thalida,

My file also got returned...yeah it sucks BIG time!!!

I have the same doubt on form 5669...am i the principal applicant here or the spouse? My consultant had asked me to check on spouse, but i had and still have a big question mark in this case....what did u do?

And guys...specific to this form, what do u suggest.

Pls reply! SOS!!!

Harshiddhi005

Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-MAY-2013 REACHED CIC-M ON 10-MAY-2013
AOR Received.
1-JUNE-2013
File Transfer...
4-JUNE-2013
Med's Done....
5-FEB-2013
Passport Req..
20-JUNE-2013 REACED NEW DELHI ON 27-JUNE-2013
VISA ISSUED...
HOPEFULLY SOON
LANDED..........
HOPEFULLY SOON
DVA said:
Hi Thalida,

I have the same doubt on form 5669...am i the principal applicant here or the spouse? My consultant had asked me to check on spouse, but i had and still have a big question mark in this case....what did u do?

Pls reply! SOS!!!
It checks on principal applicant... As our file comes to visa office in our country so for our country we become principal applicant... This spouse visa is combination of sponsorship and skilled visa only difference is timing... Hope it helps...

DVA

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
11-07-2013
File Transfer...
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
Harshiddhi005 said:
It checks on principal applicant... As our file comes to visa office in our country so for our country we become principal applicant... This spouse visa is combination of sponsorship and skilled visa only difference is timing... Hope it helps...
Tnx alot! Even i strongly feel it should be Principal Applicant but these Y-axis guys are telling me otherwise! Principal Applicant i am then! :D

Guys, another thing, my file is almost done but am in two minds with regards to the Option C print out. My husband has ordered for the form but it could take time right? And then when CIC sent back the file, they dint mention anything about the printout.

Im so desperate to send my file, but also want to make sure i dont make any mistakes or miss out anything.

What do i do? :-\

sam_libra

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May - 2013
AOR Received.
May - 2013
File Transfer...
May - 2013
Med's Done....
March - 2013
Passport Req..
June - 2013
Did any of May Applicant got PPR?

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
DVA said:
Hi Thalida,

Pls reply! SOS!!!

According to this link--------->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Part 1: Sponsorship forms (the sponsor should fill out these forms)

Document Checklist [IMM 5491] (PDF, 159 KB)
Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344] (PDF, 356 KB)
Sponsorship Evaluation [IMM 5481] (PDF, 110 KB)
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 97 KB)
Sponsor Questionnaire [IMM 5540] (PDF, 160 KB)
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 55 KB)

Part 2: Immigration forms (the applicant should fill these out)

Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 536 KB)
Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 472 KB)
Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 170 KB)
Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 88 KB)
Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire [IMM 5490] (PDF, 142 KB)
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 55 KB)

so the one who is being sponsored should fill in 5669. :)

Bill 110

Dec 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi There.I sent sponsorship application on May 15 to CPC Mississauga.Application received on May 21 AOR received on June 8.I just checked e cas and status is In Process undersponsorship application status with following message.We sent you a letter on June 10 2013 about the decision on your application.Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.What does this mean is my application approved or denied.

torontosam

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-05-2013