+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2013 Applications (Citizenship)

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great job, farrous13. Hope you get your oath invitation soon.

farrous13 said:
Hi coolblues1980 and May'13 applicants,

I had my test today. It went well. Easy if someone studies. I got 19/20.
After came the real part, meeting with the CIC agent.
She asked me multiple questions:

- Company name I work at
- Position at the company
- Salary
- Married or not
- Have kids or not
- The company name my wife works at and position
- My wife's salary
- If we own or rent
- Is my wife a Canadian citizen? Is she a PR? Why hasn't she applied for the citizenship?

The agent said that the more information she puts in my file the stronger it looks for the judge. She was writing this info on an application template for the judge I guess.
Then she went thru my stamps on my passport which was a mess. But I was prepared with all the info. I explained the missing day in my application and the days that I was off entering Canada (I took red eye flights multiple times, so the entry day was off by a day because I used the exit stamp from the country I was coming from). She said that I have good amount of days over the 1095. So she redid the calculation on a revision sheet that she will present to the judge. In total I was off by 3 days while I had 33 days originally over the 1095 (she also said that they always advise applicants not to apply with exactly 1095 days just in case there were mistakes similar to mine).

She said she was satisfied with my application and I should get the oath in 2 to 4 months :)
Before the end of the interview I mentioned that the reason I visit country 'X' a lot is because my wife is from there. She added that in her notes. I thought by mentioning that the judge will realize that I am not married to someone from my country and therefore the risk of me going back is minimal.

Good luck coolblues. Update us tomorrow :)

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
I wonder why they ask about the present employer!!! ,,,,they are supposed to ask only about the relevant 1095 days period !!1

coolblues1980

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
Hello May applicants,

Just came back from my test. It was a breeze I should say. My test was scheduled for 8.30am, they started verifying IDs for candidates and asked to sign and return the form that comes with the letter at 8.30am. Then, after the candidate verification was complete, we were asked to go to a hall where there were some clippads. We were given instructions on the test and also some pointers about what to do and bring when we come for the citizenship oath. The test began at 9am, it was pretty easy, but definitely recommend you read the book. I finished the test in about 10 mins and was the first to handover my answer sheet and question booklet. I was then asked to wait outside for an officer to call me. Since I was the first to finish the test, I was the first one to be called for the interview. The officer was pretty friendly - he asked for my passport and all IDs (PR, Landing paper, DL and HC). He then verified all of them with the ones I submitted in my original application. He looked at my passport and mentioned I had a lot of stamps, so he was just doing some random sampling. Didn't go through each one that I declared. We started talking about Florida for a couple of minutes since my sister lives there and he was talking about his vacations in Florida. He then signed a template he was filling out and told me that he's going to recommend to the judge to approve my application. I did notice that in the template the last section was 'RQ issued during interview' for which he had put 'No'. So, hopefully that is good news. Then the default response that I should hear back on my oath in 2-3 months.

Overall, it was a good experience. All officers in the CIC office in Kitchener were really nice and friendly. Good luck to all the other May 2013 applicants waiting for your test or oath! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Canada Day Oath !!! That would be awesome :)

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
farrous13 said:
Hi coolblues1980 and May'13 applicants,

I had my test today. It went well. Easy if someone studies. I got 19/20.
After came the real part, meeting with the CIC agent.
She asked me multiple questions:

- Company name I work at
- Position at the company
- Salary
- Married or not
- Have kids or not
- The company name my wife works at and position
- My wife's salary
- If we own or rent
- Is my wife a Canadian citizen? Is she a PR? Why hasn't she applied for the citizenship?

The agent said that the more information she puts in my file the stronger it looks for the judge. She was writing this info on an application template for the judge I guess.
Then she went thru my stamps on my passport which was a mess. But I was prepared with all the info. I explained the missing day in my application and the days that I was off entering Canada (I took red eye flights multiple times, so the entry day was off by a day because I used the exit stamp from the country I was coming from). She said that I have good amount of days over the 1095. So she redid the calculation on a revision sheet that she will present to the judge. In total I was off by 3 days while I had 33 days originally over the 1095 (she also said that they always advise applicants not to apply with exactly 1095 days just in case there were mistakes similar to mine).

She said she was satisfied with my application and I should get the oath in 2 to 4 months :)
Before the end of the interview I mentioned that the reason I visit country 'X' a lot is because my wife is from there. She added that in her notes. I thought by mentioning that the judge will realize that I am not married to someone from my country and therefore the risk of me going back is minimal.

Good luck coolblues. Update us tomorrow :)
Good luck Farrous 13. I am glad that everything went fine. you deserve it as you had been waiting for more than a year now.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
mrbravo said:
Good luck Farrous 13. I am glad that everything went fine. you deserve it as you had been waiting for more than a year now.
Sending more documents along with the application is definitely a positive thing and wouldn't raise flags as people think. Apparently, I recommended this to 2 of my friends and both had their files transferred to local offices in less than a month (Calgary office). I had mentioned that in this forum and people thought this would create flags which apparently not.

My friends had sent their last pay stubs for the last 4 years (Dec 31, 2013 - 2012-2011-2010) + Notice of easements - Employment letters from all employers since they landed)

Meanwhile, they ordered their CBSA report and translated their stamps in preparation for the interview.

Good luck everyone!

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
my personal feel is don't send additional documentation with the application as it will look vague.. some items there some not.... if they suspect your residency they will definitely send you an RQ irrespective of whatever documents you submit with initial application. As RQ is an organized form of verification as per check list of items to send. If you had done some partial submission before like passport stamp translation or notice of assessment of tax etc it wont help they still require everything again as an RQ package to give to judge to decide your case. So my advice is save trees:) and send documents only when they request and not do repetitive submissions.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
blueshirt said:
my personal feel is don't send additional documentation with the application as it will look vague.. some items there some not.... if they suspect your residency they will definitely send you an RQ irrespective of whatever documents you submit with initial application. As RQ is an organized form of verification as per check list of items to send. If you had done some partial submission before like passport stamp translation or notice of assessment of tax etc it wont help they still require everything again as an RQ package to give to judge to decide your case. So my advice is save trees:) and send documents only when they request and not do repetitive submissions.
That is not the experience I had with CIC. During my interview, I was told also by the immigration officer that the more documents you send the better. I was also advised by the CIC officer during my interview that those documents (Notice of assessments + Translated Passport stamps + Employment letters) will be mandatory as soon the new bill becomes law. In other words, sending those additional documents from now would prevent a RQ and will speed up your application.

thanks,

Mrbravo

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrbravo said:
That is not the experience I had with CIC. During my interview, I was told also by the immigration officer that the more documents you send the better. I was also advised by the CIC officer during my interview that those documents (Notice of assessments + Translated Passport stamps + Employment letters) will be mandatory as soon the new bill becomes law. In other words, sending those additional documents from now would prevent a RQ and will speed up your application.

thanks,

Mrbravo
I agree with Mr. Bravo, that's exactly what the officer told me when I went for my test back in Feb.

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Thank you Coolblues ,Did he ask you about your actual Job?

coolblues1980 said:
Hello May applicants,

Just came back from my test. It was a breeze I should say. My test was scheduled for 8.30am, they started verifying IDs for candidates and asked to sign and return the form that comes with the letter at 8.30am. Then, after the candidate verification was complete, we were asked to go to a hall where there were some clippads. We were given instructions on the test and also some pointers about what to do and bring when we come for the citizenship oath. The test began at 9am, it was pretty easy, but definitely recommend you read the book. I finished the test in about 10 mins and was the first to handover my answer sheet and question booklet. I was then asked to wait outside for an officer to call me. Since I was the first to finish the test, I was the first one to be called for the interview. The officer was pretty friendly - he asked for my passport and all IDs (PR, Landing paper, DL and HC). He then verified all of them with the ones I submitted in my original application. He looked at my passport and mentioned I had a lot of stamps, so he was just doing some random sampling. Didn't go through each one that I declared. We started talking about Florida for a couple of minutes since my sister lives there and he was talking about his vacations in Florida. He then signed a template he was filling out and told me that he's going to recommend to the judge to approve my application. I did notice that in the template the last section was 'RQ issued during interview' for which he had put 'No'. So, hopefully that is good news. Then the default response that I should hear back on my oath in 2-3 months.

Overall, it was a good experience. All officers in the CIC office in Kitchener were really nice and friendly. Good luck to all the other May 2013 applicants waiting for your test or oath! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Canada Day Oath !!! That would be awesome :)

coolblues1980

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
Montrosco said:
Thank you Coolblues ,Did he ask you about your actual Job?
He did look at my application and asked if I still work for <employer name> and I said Yes. We talked a bit about my organization. The entire interview was probably about 5 mins.

Jes

Dec 10, 2007
Hello again,

We had our test today. Was really a very smooth experience. The officer was very nice and said from the beginning where we could have an issue (4 months gap between our 2 passports), but he also told us when he thought that everything is ok.
The rest of the interview were the standard questions about job, house, children and so on. I've sent a huge application with copy for every item in our question 6 lists, and brought all originals and even a health records to the interview, but he was only interested in the passports. He too the translation (my wife left Canada for one vacation with some stamps).

After 3,5 hours we got our oath invitation for June 12th (I still can make it for the provincial elections :)) in the usual Mississauga non-personalized notice with the note, verbal and written on the notice, that a judge still has the final decision.

So, I hope that everything is going to be ok until the oath and this long journey will come to an end and a new one begins.

Good luck everyone. I wish you all the best

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolblues1980 said:
Hello May applicants,

coolblues. that's good news. hope we get the oath soon :)

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolblues1980 - excellent job. Hopefully you will be a Canadian citizen on or before the Canada day. Good luck.

coolblues1980 said:
Hello May applicants,

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Jes. Good luck.

Jes said:
Hello again,

We had our test today. Was really a very smooth experience. The officer was very nice and said from the beginning where we could have an issue (4 months gap between our 2 passports), but he also told us when he thought that everything is ok.
The rest of the interview were the standard questions about job, house, children and so on. I've sent a huge application with copy for every item in our question 6 lists, and brought all originals and even a health records to the interview, but he was only interested in the passports. He too the translation (my wife left Canada for one vacation with some stamps).

After 3,5 hours we got our oath invitation for June 12th (I still can make it for the provincial elections :)) in the usual Mississauga non-personalized notice with the note, verbal and written on the notice, that a judge still has the final decision.

So, I hope that everything is going to be ok until the oath and this long journey will come to an end and a new one begins.

Good luck everyone. I wish you all the best