+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**** MAY 2010 APPLICANTS ****

canadaquerido

Oct 23, 2010
I don't know if we can compare David's progress with the majority of us! David is applying as FSW2 (at least this is written at the side of his name). Most of the people here are applying under FSW1 and that makes a BIG difference !

Anyway I wish to send David my congratulations!

For the rest of us: Fingers crossed till 2011!

I also wish a great 2011 for everyone here BUT the guy who messed with the spreadsheet ! Argh ! :p

YoBoy

Feb 18, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
25-01-2014
Med's Done....
12-03-2014
Interview........
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
already in canada
need help,
i am about to send my doc to VO and prepared everything. but i have got job offer from Dubai and will leave start of next month.
should i mention my new job in application or i apply right away to avoid any more documentation for new job and address.
would there be any complication later on as i can update my address to dubai anytime and our VO is london in any case.
please suggest hassle free way forward.

muk

Oct 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Passport Req..
Aug 22 2012 Submitted: Sep 02 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 10 2012 Received: Sep 24 2012
David Alexander said:
Finally got medical forms yesterday, now booked for a weeks time, not long now!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
congratulation

Robindesbois

Feb 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gaurav86 said:
can anybudy send the check list i want to send my full documents comin week so pls seniors let me knw wt are the importnt documents i have to send and if is dere any checklist pls send me

Many thanx in advance.

Gaurav86
You should enclose the checklist with the application.

Robin

D

David Alexander

canadaquerido said:
I don't know if we can compare David's progress with the majority of us! David is applying as FSW2 (at least this is written at the side of his name). Most of the people here are applying under FSW1 and that makes a BIG difference !

Anyway I wish to send David my congratulations!

For the rest of us: Fingers crossed till 2011!

I also wish a great 2011 for everyone here BUT the guy who messed with the spreadsheet ! Argh ! :p
Yes, I think you would be wrong to compare as I do have a job offer, however, once you have sent full docs to the VO, surely processing should be roughly the same?

Good luck to you all,
;D

Kenesha

Nov 16, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
Med's Request
25-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-09-2012
Passport Req..
16/02/14
VISA ISSUED...
03/04/14
LANDED..........
31/07/14
congrats David :D

U

umair81

one month has passed since i submitted my complete docs to LONDON.

still ECAS not available?? should i contact visa office or CIC to enquire about ECAS ? ??? ??? ??? ???

Kenesha

Nov 16, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
Med's Request
25-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-09-2012
Passport Req..
16/02/14
VISA ISSUED...
03/04/14
LANDED..........
31/07/14
It hasn't been working for anyone, so don't panic or be alarmed

D

David Alexander

umair81 said:
one month has passed since i submitted my complete docs to LONDON.

still ECAS not available?? should i contact visa office or CIC to enquire about ECAS ? ??? ??? ??? ???
You won't get access to ecas until you have had 2nd AOR through the post, and then it doesn't matter as you will be more than aware of your status!!

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Canada’s Jason Kenney on immigration priorities for 2011

Posted on December 21, 2010 by oe_admin
Jason Kenney, Canada’s minister of citizenship, immigration and multiculturalism, was interviewed recently by the online magazine Canadian Immigrant to discuss the federal government’s immigration and settlement policy priorities for 2011. Here are some highlights of the interview.

MINISTER KENNEY ON HIS TOP PRIORITIES FOR 2011

CI: What are Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s top priorities for the new year?

JK: Our top priority is continuing to improve economic results for immigrants in Canada. That really is the focus of most of what we do. A second priority is to continue to improve the integrity of our immigration system, which includes a crackdown on human smuggling, fraudulent marriages and crooked consultants.

MINISTER KENNEY ON THE INVESTOR PROGRAM

CI: What is the rationale behind doubling the required investment for the immigrant investor program? Won’t this affect Canada’s competitiveness in relation to other countries’ immigrant investor programs?

JK: The main reason we doubled the required investment (to $800,000) and asset level (to $1,600,000) was because Canada was massively underselling itself compared to its competitors in this immigration product. The United States and Australia both essentially have million-dollar price points. The United Kingdom has a price point of a million pound sterling. We were offering people the lowest price point at $400,000 for the best advantage, which is immediate permanent residency in Canada, which is also a track to the easiest citizenship process in the developed world … Many people in China, in Hong Kong and India have said to me that the price point is still too low.

They’ve said that it’s so easy for modestly wealthy people in Asia and the Middle East to qualify for the program and that we won’t see any reduction in demand for the Canadian program. It may reduce, very marginally, the demand, but the demand is still excessive in terms of our ability to process applications.

MINISTER KENNEY ON THE ECONOMIC PROGRESS OF NEWCOMERS

JK: I can tell you that we recently released a new study that assesses the economic progress of immigrants selected under the current points grid that was adopted in 2002 … It indicates that there has been a huge improvement of employment and income for skilled workers.

The new study indicates that within three years newly selected federal skilled workers are generating, on average, $80,000 in household income, which is very strong. We also have launched consultations on further changes to the points grid for the skilled worker program, which we hope will further improve economic outcomes for newcomers.

Also, since 2006, our government tripled the federal investment in settlement and integration services to help people improve their language proficiency and their job search skills. All of the data indicates that the number one barrier to employment for foreign-trained professionals is language proficiency and that’s why we put such a heavy emphasis on it. We are trying to find more and better ways to get newcomers, who need to upgrade their language skills, to enrol in free [language] programs.

MINISTER KENNEY ON FOREIGN CREDENTIAL RECOGNITION

CI: Are there any new developments with regards to foreign credential recognition?

JK: We have been doing a lot of work with the provinces and the more than 400 professional licensing bodies to streamline and simplify the process of credential recognition for foreign-trained professionals. A year ago, we launched the Canadian Framework for Foreign Credential Recognition, which was based on an agreement between the 10 premiers and Prime Minister Harper.

We have identified, in the first year, nine professional categories where we aim to hammer out a streamlined faster simplified process [for credential recognition]. We’ve put in $50 million into funding that hard technical work between the provincial licensing bodies. We are making huge progress on it and we will meet our objective of giving applicants an answer within a year of their application for those nine professional categories … So progress is being made.

I know it will never be satisfactory for a foreign-trained professional who shows up and hopes to be working as a licensed practitioner immediately. That’s not realistic. It does take time. We can’t guarantee people that their foreign credentials will be recognized in Canada. But we should guarantee them a reasonably simple and efficient process and that’s where we are making progress with the provinces.

U

umair81

David Alexander said:
You won't get access to ecas until you have had 2nd AOR through the post, and then it doesn't matter as you will be more than aware of your status!!
Thx for ur reply :)

mask2005

Star Member
Oct 14, 2010
Hi

I am a graduate student in Canada (3rd year),
I wonder what should I fill the SCHEDUL 3 form question 7 and 8?

7. Have you completed a program of full-time of at least 2 years.....(I'm in my 3rd year but I haven't COMPLETE my program yet)

8.Have you worked full time in canada....I am RA/TA (80hours biweekly)...I wonder if I can both full time student and full time worker....

I answered NO to both questions when I was sending them to CIO but now I am sending the new forms to Buffalo...

Thanks in advance