none
Passport Req..
May 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 2010
wxyz123 said:
i have lost the passport whose photocopy i sent to sydney office when i applied for Canadian immigration (federal skilled worker class). now i have a new one. should i inform the sydney office about this, if yes then how?? pls comment. thanks
I would say YES. I suggest you just send them a letter with photocopies of your new passport (and if you have your old passport photocopy, that would be good, too), plus your personal info (name, birthday, etc). They are rather efficient. Make sure that you have a receipt so that you can show you updated them.

Basically, I would think of these updates this way. Your immigration application is a joint project that requires 2-way communication and total transparency between the applicant and the government of Canada. Keeping this in mind, the quicker they receive information about you about material changes would show that you are being pro-active about this effort.

So,... Go for it!

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
miksee said:
I would say YES. I suggest you just send them a letter with photocopies of your new passport (and if you have your old passport photocopy, that would be good, too), plus your personal info (name, birthday, etc). They are rather efficient. Make sure that you have a receipt so that you can show you updated them.

Basically, I would think of these updates this way. Your immigration application is a joint project that requires 2-way communication and total transparency between the applicant and the government of Canada. Keeping this in mind, the quicker they receive information about you about material changes would show that you are being pro-active about this effort.

So,... Go for it!
miksee, do you mean i need to send them a letter at this address

Citizenship & Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Centralized Intake Office 196 George Street Sydney, NS
B1P 1J3
Canada

i include copies of my old passport and new passport. what receipt you talking about, do you mean courier receipt.??
pls answer, thanks

catalin_b

Sep 25, 2010
Bucharest
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Med's Request
14-08-2010
Med's Done....
08-09-2010
Interview........
joking, right?
Passport Req..
16-09-2010
miksee, I advised wxyz123 not to send the copy of his new passport to the CIO, Sydney, for the following reasons:
- a new passport will change nothing regarding the eligibility of the applicant; it doesn't add new useful information related to the six selection factors;
- until you receive the AOR from Sydney, you don't have the file number. Imagine that the CIO officer will receive an explanation letter and a photocopies of the new passport. He is supposed to search your file (I'm pretty sure that they have a computer application for that), then go to wherever they store the applications and add the new photocopy of the passport. I don't think that he''l be happy with it.
- the addresses mentioned in the application guide are for complete applications...

Well, at least this is my opinion...

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
catalin_b said:
miksee, I advised wxyz123 not to send the copy of his new passport to the CIO, Sydney, for the following reasons:
- a new passport will change nothing regarding the eligibility of the applicant; it doesn't add new useful information related to the six selection factors;
- until you receive the AOR from Sydney, you don't have the file number. Imagine that the CIO officer will receive an explanation letter and a photocopies of the new passport. He is supposed to search your file (I'm pretty sure that they have a computer application for that), then go to wherever they store the applications and add the new photocopy of the passport. I don't think that he''l be happy with it.
- the addresses mentioned in the application guide are for complete applications...

Well, at least this is my opinion...
some other guy told me the same what you said catalin but miksee said opposite, don't know what to do?????????

T

Tegnus

+1 to catalin_b, CIO probably doesn't have file # for you jet and it doesn't affect your eligibility.

When you get new passport and AOR, just send a photocopy of it to VO, providing information about passport change on cover letter.

Can_PT

May 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Got my IELTS score today. 7.5 Happy!!

NeedAChange

Star Member
May 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-May-2010
Doc's Request.
6-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
14-Jan-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
5-Jul-2013
Med's Done....
13-Jul-2013, RPRF encashed on 13-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
5-Jul-2013, Passport reached on 8-Aug-2013
Tegnus said:
+1 to catalin_b, CIO probably doesn't have file # for you jet and it doesn't affect your eligibility.

When you get new passport and AOR, just send a photocopy of it to VO, providing information about passport change on cover letter.
No Need to send the passport now. I had my passport renewed and my Lawyer told me we can send the details when we resubmit the application to the VO

miksee

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 June 2009
Doc's Request.
28 Sept 2009
Med's Request
23 Mar 2010
Med's Done....
26 Mar 2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
May 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 2010
wxyz123 said:
some other guy told me the same what you said catalin but miksee said opposite, don't know what to do?????????
I am NOT an expert. All I can say is, all the rules are based on the basic principle of truth, honesty and transparency. I see no reason how updating your information in a timely manner can work negatively with regard to your application.

JPMA

May 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
AOR Received.
PER received 11-03-11
wxyz123 said:
Sent: September 27, 2010 6:15 PM
To: ISBAD (IMMIGRATION)
Subject: RE: Urgent Enquiry

Good Morning,

We do have record of this application, however, due to a temporary change of procedures in order to accommodate the new changes and the release of the new ministerial instructions, clients file is in queue to be assessed. Please allow some additional time for the processing of clients file.

i think we all need to wait a while.
it's really baffling me. what is really going on in the CIO? Are they waiting to receive all the 20,000 applications cap first before they proceed accommodating our applications?

Now, i guess all we can do is go on with our lives and expect less of our AORs so we don't get disappointed. i know someday we will receive our approval letters anyway...

JPMA

May 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
AOR Received.
PER received 11-03-11
tegnus your papers were processed so fast!!! congratulations!

vincelynn

Sep 4, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
13-12-2010
AOR Received.
05-10-2010
IELTS Request
20-03-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
Med's Request
15-03-2012
Med's Done....
02-04-2012
alizia said:
after deduction of money 9th wk is going on
as per blog we have to w8 up to 10 wks
lets c whats happen
comming monday tuesday is holiday in canada so long wknd is comming up
hopefully we will get our AOR before wknd
When is Canada's Long weekend?

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
JPMA said:
it's really baffling me. what is really going on in the CIO? Are they waiting to receive all the 20,000 applications cap first before they proceed accommodating our applications?

Now, i guess all we can do is go on with our lives and expect less of our AORs so we don't get disappointed. i know someday we will receive our approval letters anyway...
to be honest i think wait for another 5 to 6 months is clearly visible

JPMA

May 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
AOR Received.
PER received 11-03-11
wxyz123 said:
to be honest i think wait for another 5 to 6 months is clearly visible
if this will be the case, so many people waiting for their AORs will reaaallllllly get disappointed, including me. I hope and pray your words will not come true. I still want to believe that some of us will be processed by next month.... hopefully....

D

deepi

mr. verma plz reply me if u have any idea i have 18 months exp. from india my lawyer use my current six month exp. here from canada now i am on work permit and he claim for two year exp but i have little doubt in my mind bcoz after 18 month exp. from india i complete i year study here from canada now i am on wp my lawyer use my current 6 month exp. is this ok seniors plz reply Shocked Shocked