+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Maximise Visa Chances!

waterbottle

Dec 4, 2014
Dennia said:
1. In my opinion an ideal SOP, should be 2 pages. I would suggest u to limit it to max of 3 pages if u really have to explain things to the CIC officer, .

2. As far as I did a recent application for my Wife, a Scotiabank Student GIC(given only to Indian student) and 1st sem fees were noted as some of the major requirements for all Indian student. I would suggest you to check CIC website or talk to some consultants or talk to VFS for more information on this ( As far as i researched,due to past fraudulent activities that occurred from India, they have made this a requirement for Indian students). As far as I know Scotiabank GIC replaces the liquid cash requirement. Ur bank loan is another thing, u may go for 50lakhs loan but the only thing u will receive from the bank is a loan approval letter for ur loan amt ( the problem in this is for banks like SBI and other national banks, ur semester fees are released primarily based on ur marks and other bank terms before the start of a sem , this is not a credibility factor for CIC. The question asked is what if u dont perform well and u dont get ur loan released, u will become a burden to Canada,henceforth the Scotia GIC serves as a credibility factor to take care of ur living expenses, arnd 800CAD will be deposited every month fr ur expenses through a 1yr GIC). U have to check with the college on paying one semester fees (as far as i know the college will accept ur payment,eventhough it is a conditional offer, the money will just be credited into ur student number. Most of the colleges will fully refund the money if u havent registered and u were not successful in getting ur SP, check ur college websites international section or send them an email)

3. I came to Canada on SP (Study permit) in 2008 and now they call the initial application process for a study permit as SPP (Student Partnership program,The Canada in India Student Partners Program (SPP) is a joint pilot project between Citizenship and Immigration Canada's visa offices in India and the Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC)).

4. I was awarded the best project award for my final year project in my university and I also had some certificates I had attained for few seminars. I submitted all these things to increase my credibility as a student.

Since I helped my wife to submit a Study permit application from India recently(2015), I am aware of the requirements and changes in the new application process. If ur going for a bank loan, I suggest u to go through HDFC, simple process but takes long time (not a big difference in the rates compared to nationalized banks and also HDFC gets u a cheque for the complete loan amount as one cheque with Scotiabank. Saves time,hazzle and other unwanted transaction charges).

Well my parents and I talked to the HDFC/Credila bloke already and we thought it was a good deal. We signed the forms and gave him some details, rest documents would be submitted online if we like the loan terms (which seem good). The guy didn't mention anything about the loan only going through if I get a certain amount of marks, so since I have a HDFC loan (assume) would I still need to show 1 year living cost in bank accounts? (or through a GIC)

Could you tell me how many days GIC takes? Since I want to apply as soon as my loan gets processed (guy told me 4-5 working days). I'll call the VFS and ask if its compulsory if I already have a big bank loan.

Makkar

Jun 22, 2015
Hi,

My name is Manveen . I am planning to apply for Study Visa in Canada .
My fiance is in USA .

I want to know that If I get married in USA , will my Canadian post graduation Diploma of one year will be of any use in USA after my marriage .

Also , I will be going on spouse visa . Can my spouse visa get converted to Work Visa with my canadian diploma certificate .

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
waterbottle said:
Well my parents and I talked to the HDFC/Credila bloke already and we thought it was a good deal. We signed the forms and gave him some details, rest documents would be submitted online if we like the loan terms (which seem good). The guy didn't mention anything about the loan only going through if I get a certain amount of marks, so since I have a HDFC loan (assume) would I still need to show 1 year living cost in bank accounts? (or through a GIC)
Could you tell me how many days GIC takes? Since I want to apply as soon as my loan gets processed (guy told me 4-5 working days). I'll call the VFS and ask if its compulsory if I already have a big bank loan.
Processing time for ur HDFC loan is not 4-5 days,they give u promises,but it takes quite a while. HDFC doesn't require any of ur student credentials, they just need ur proof of repayment (paystubs or collateral) and ur admission letter from the college. U also have another option with HDFC, u can request for 2 different cheques, one fr ur fees and another fr ur living expenses (u can use this one fr ur GIC processing)

As far I have seen GIC is a requirement, but checking with VFS is a good idea .
GIC takes 30days approx (Check out their site, http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,5698,00.html)

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
Makkar said:
Hi,
My name is Manveen . I am planning to apply for Study Visa in Canada .
My fiance is in USA . I want to know that If I get married in USA , will my Canadian post graduation Diploma of one year will be of any use in USA after my marriage . Also , I will be going on spouse visa . Can my spouse visa get converted to Work Visa with my canadian diploma certificate .
I would suggest u to asks ur queries on a forum tht talks abt US visa & work topics. I don't think u will get much help here

star1981

Aug 12, 2014
Hi Karthik,

I have read your replies in this section regarding SPP. I have a small query if you can help me !

Is this SPP and GIC required for community colleges in canada ? Is GIC required for university programmes also ? Like a masters degree in education or sciences from a canadian university?

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
star1981 said:
Hi Karthik,
I have read your replies in this section regarding SPP. I have a small query if you can help me !
Is this SPP and GIC required for community colleges in canada ? Is GIC required for university programmes also ? Like a masters degree in education or sciences from a canadian university?
SP(Study permit) is required if u wnt to study any course (masters,diploma,certificate) more thn 6 months in Canada. GIC is also requirement,but only for Indian Nationals

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
himal015 said:
Dennia
Please check ur inbox
I sent u a reply,check ur inbox

star1981

Aug 12, 2014
Hi Karthik,

I understand that GIC is required for Indian Nationals. My question is : is it required only for colleges in canada ?

Actually, i am going to apply to a university for a masters. The university admission officer says, there is no need of GIC, only show the proof of funds.

the consultant says, GIC is must. Whom should i follow?

star1981

Aug 12, 2014
I also have few more concerns regarding my application. I want to discuss those concerns in detail. Kindly suggest good time when you could be online.

THANKS

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
star1981 said:
Hi Karthik,
I understand that GIC is required for Indian Nationals. My question is : is it required only for colleges in canada ?
Actually, i am going to apply to a university for a masters. The university admission officer says, there is no need of GIC, only show the proof of funds.
star1981 said:
Hi Karthik,
Read all the post,before u repeat the same question. GIC is required if you want to come on a study permit to Canada (college or university,master or diploma). Getting a GIC maximize ur visa chances, u always have the option to apply without a GIC ( read my previous post explaining the reason fr GIC)

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
star1981 said:
Hi Karthik,

GIC is not mandatory for Universities.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp?countrySelect=IN#applications

Visa office Instruction Form

star1981

Aug 12, 2014
Thanks for the reply. Karthik was quite rude while answering to the queries. Even I checked these links and spoke to the university officials, hence the confusion arose.

Anyways...i want to know what are the chances of getting a study permit if I have last year of study some 6-7 years back but then continued working in the same field. Now I am applying for research based higher education in the same field of my study and work experience.

Please throw some light on the chances of being granted the study visa.