+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Masters in Civil Engineering

Jacenty

Aug 1, 2019
Hello

I am thinking about moving to Canada.
I have a Masters in Civil Engineering as structural engineer (from Poland), however I have more experience on sites with industrial projects as site engineer in Poland (3 years) and in railway projects in UK (2 years).
I am not sure, but I have heard that my degree doesn't count in Canada as it is not recognised?
In order to become Engineer I would have to finish some courses and become apprentice for a few years before I will be fully recognised as Civil/structural Engineer - could someone clarify if that is true?

On other hand there are a lot of programs that I could emigrate with, but are there any for engineers? Or would I have to do work in a different industry (social care etc) before I would be able to find something in my profession?
Also could I apply for work from a job offer straight away - Is it any site showing jobs only for foreigners (as I am aware first job offer need to be advertised in Canada for a year until foreigners will be able to apply for that job)

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
In the case of Engineering you CAN use your talents. But first they must be used to pass examinations you will be given by the provincial group of Professional Engineers. In Canada Engineering is a regulated profession such as being a Doctor. You must obtain the proper credentials before you practice. In Ontario this is handled by the Professional Engineers of Ontario. Their link is below:

http://www.peo.on.ca/

Reactions: Jacenty