+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marrying in Cyprus - anyone know anything about getting a visitors visa for ther

BenA105

Star Member
Dec 10, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey folks,

My fiancee and I are getting married next month in Lebanon. The festivities are happening in the country, but - due to our circumstances - we are going to do the legal proceedings in Cyprus. It's far less bureaucracy.

My fiancee is a duel citizen - Syrian, and Armenian. We're going to forget about her getting a visa to visit Cyprus on her Syrian passport, but were planning on applying for one on her Armenian. I'm a British national, and Canadian PR (I live in BC).

So my questions, as I couldn't see the information I was looking for elsewhere, are:

- Any ideas how long the visa application takes for Cyprus?
- We need to provide flight confirmations/hotel bookings. Can my parents (who are coming to Cyprus as witnesses), act as "guarantors" for her? Financial records etc?
- Anyone have any experience in applying for a Cyprus visa as a citizen of Armenia? Experiences?
- Will her having another citizenship from Syria affect anything? She was born and raised there, but lives in Beirut now.

Thanks!