07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
mingus said:
Ranes, your marriage is reconized in Jordan so it will be reconized in Canada.
I just want to point out that it is not recognized in Canada just because it is recognized in Jordan. It has to be a legal marriage in both the country where it took place and also in Canada to be valid for immigration. It appears from people's comments that marriage between first cousins is legal in Canada, so that is okay, but there are countries which permit marriage to two women at the same time. Such a marriage is not valid for Canadian immigration.

louieong

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2009
AOR Received.
08-01-2010
Passport Req..
19-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010
As long as you submitted, all the requirements and legal documents, Then you will be OK. Arranged marriage or not.

We all want to live in Canada and sponsor our love ones, all they ask is to follow Canada rules and regulations.

Good luck to you. :D

I

iarblue

Wow i thought this forum was already confusing enough.Listen i just want to put my opinnion in.I dont think anyone should ever get married to someone without spending some good quality time with eachother cousins or not,arranged or not.Who knows who someone may like,be attracted to.I understand there are customs to which people are acustomed to but do you really want to married to someone you have not spent time with,this just seems crazy to me.
I cant immagine marring someone i never spent much time with.Just makes no sense,do you want to married to someone who,sucks in bed,has a bad attitude,treats you like a slave,talks bad to you ,and you find this out after marriage,ugg.
So confused now.What ever happened to courtship,love,friendship before marriage????????

javcil

Star Member
Mar 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/01/2010
AOR Received.
01/03/2010
File Transfer...
04/02/2010
Med's Done....
11/12/2009
Interview........
21/04/2010
Passport Req..
21/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
22/04/2010
LANDED..........
16/07/2010
Personally, I can't imagine wanting to marry my cousin either, but I guess in some cultures/societies this is normal ...

B

buddhadimple

Uh, no. Immigration should NOT have to prove the marriage is faulty. Entrance into Canada is a privilege, not a right. Applying for a visa is essentially asking to be a guest in someone's country, or to even move in permanently. If you were moving in with a friend, you would be polite and courteous. You would ask to have a glass of water, you would not just take it unless the person told you to 'make yourself at home'. Until Canada tells you to make yourself at home, they owe you no favours. You should be the one asking to do the dishes.

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
plz notice:

s.d is a spammer. she came first as ID of Hellow1, then as empress, then now as s.d. Plz Do not respond. I have notified the webmaster

B

buddhadimple

Sorry Halifax, you said my partner was a spammer too. I wouldn't notify webmasters until you're sure. Whoever smel't it dealt it :p Maybe it's you who has several accounts hehe

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's a few opinions on here.... and everyone is entitled to theirs as long as we keep it respectful. There are many different meetings of partners and spouses including internet meetings and "wife-shopping". If it works for you great. And the reason we all have the burden of proof is because it is we by applying to sponsor etc who brings the legal process into play. Good luck whoever you marry!

Cross Border Couple

Jun 9, 2014
I have been with my cousin for 10 years now. We had a long love affair.
We met for the first time when he visited my home country with his parents. It was supposed to be a family reunion.
Nobody would of guessed how much we hit it off!
He rang the door bell, I answered it and from the moment our eyes locked together. It was an instant attraction.,we couldnt keeepp our hands off eachother.
We didnt want to rush marriage but now after 10 years we feel it is the next step to take in our relationship. We have an immense about of proof when it comes to continuing our relationship over the years. Emails dating back to 2003 included with picures of us all loved up - all dating back from 2003 to the present.

My question is regarding the sponsorship - I have read that the sponsored person should not be too closely related to the sponsor.
Does this include cousins? Has anyone heard of any cases of married cousins who have succesful permanent residence applications?

Kind regards :) and good luck to you all

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is not against the law in Canada to marry your cousin. You are not allowed to marry your nephew/uncle or any relative in a direct line from you but that's pretty much it.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Cross Border Couple said:
I have been with my cousin for 10 years now. We had a long love affair.
We met for the first time when he visited my home country with his parents. It was supposed to be a family reunion.
Nobody would of guessed how much we hit it off!
He rang the door bell, I answered it and from the moment our eyes locked together. It was an instant attraction.,we couldnt keeepp our hands off eachother.
We didnt want to rush marriage but now after 10 years we feel it is the next step to take in our relationship. We have an immense about of proof when it comes to continuing our relationship over the years. Emails dating back to 2003 included with picures of us all loved up - all dating back from 2003 to the present.

My question is regarding the sponsorship - I have read that the sponsored person should not be too closely related to the sponsor.
Does this include cousins? Has anyone heard of any cases of married cousins who have succesful permanent residence applications?

Kind regards :) and good luck to you all
It wont be a problem for you. Keep all evidences and submit when you are all set.