+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marrital status effect..!!!

bsdabhi

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Hey there,

I came to Canada on a student visa for my 2 years post secondary program. After which I got 3 years work permit. This is my 1st year of the work permit and I've already got a field (skilled) job (of my own program related) which I am pursuing right now. In July I'll get eligible to put up a file for my PR under CEC group. ( by satisfying he conditions i.e 2 yrs of program and 1 yr of an experience of a skilled position). So its good untill now.
But then my marriage is getting fixed in november 2014. which is when my PR file would be under process. I know I can leave the country and go back home for the marriage. But will I have to inform the CIC about my marriage (changed status) after coming back to Canada for my PR file?? and does it gonna affect my PR file? positively or negatively ??

tahnks in adv..!!

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
I am 110% sure that it is not going to have negative effect on your file, but it might have positive effect.

You better call CIC to find out "How to inform them about your marriage?", Trust me they will get you the best answer. :)

Hope this helps you.

cecnov2013

Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
27-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
bsdabhi said:
Hey there,

I came to Canada on a student visa for my 2 years post secondary program. After which I got 3 years work permit. This is my 1st year of the work permit and I've already got a field (skilled) job (of my own program related) which I am pursuing right now. In July I'll get eligible to put up a file for my PR under CEC group. ( by satisfying he conditions i.e 2 yrs of program and 1 yr of an experience of a skilled position). So its good untill now.
But then my marriage is getting fixed in november 2014. which is when my PR file would be under process. I know I can leave the country and go back home for the marriage. But will I have to inform the CIC about my marriage (changed status) after coming back to Canada for my PR file?? and does it gonna affect my PR file? positively or negatively ??

tahnks in adv..!!
You certainly will have to inform CIC about the marraige, and you also will have to add your spouse to the application. Logically, this may delay your application, because all the process for your wife will begin only after you add her.

bsdabhi

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
So mean its gonna delay my process.. bt what if I just want to inform CIC about my changed status n not to apply for my husband at that time. First I can let my PR process to be done and then later on I can put my husband's file for PR on my dependance.. isnt that possible..??

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
No. You will have to apply together on the same application. You can't apply or "land" as single if you are married. This is misrepresentation.

maza

Apr 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF/BIODATA 3-2-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
21-01-2012(sent with application)
Med's Request
31-1-2014
Med's Done....
5-2-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-2-2014
LANDED..........
3-3-2014
tell them about your marriage for sure.. i don't know why do not u add her/him as a dependent from the beginning in July. It is not a must that the dependent be living with you or in Canada when you apply ;D ;D Congrats for your future Marriage

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
maza said:
tell them about your marriage for sure.. i don't know why do not u add her/him as a dependent from the beginning in July. It is not a must that the dependent be living with you or in Canada when you apply ;D ;D Congrats for your future Marriage
Because, until they marry, they are not a dependant..... Unless of course, they are already common-law, in which case, they have to apply together anyway.

maza

Apr 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF/BIODATA 3-2-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
21-01-2012(sent with application)
Med's Request
31-1-2014
Med's Done....
5-2-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-2-2014
LANDED..........
3-3-2014
or if they went already have a civil marriage or married on paper with delaying the wedding and moving in till later... too many different ways to avoid adding her later,, as this might just delay the application hugely!

bsdabhi

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
So but how can I apply for PR for both of us together because my husband would be in India. So mean he wont b satisfying any condition of PR. So how can I put his file with me???

N maza can you please explain what you wanna say..because I am sorry but I couldnt undrstand your answer..
Thank u guyz..!!!

bsdabhi

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
And also I wanted to specify that my would be husband is in India. Now lets say I merry him on paper so after that we will b a legal couple. And then I come to Canada, so can I put my PR file for both of us?? Me as a principle applicant and I can add my husband's name in my file??
The other thing I get confused with is my husband would b in India(in July when i'll put my PR file) and he would neither be even in Canada, nor he would be having any canadian work experience. Still can I add him in my PR file??
N how long usually does it take to process the file for both of us??

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
1. You can leave canada to get married
2. There's no point in telling cic until after the marriage as they will want to see paperwork proving the wedding
If you apply in July and get married in November, no one would have looked at your file therefore it's unlikely that it will have an impact either way.
Your husband will simply be added to your file - he will have to go through medical tests and security checks but doesn't need to be eligible under work experience etc

PB02

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
bsdabhi said:
And also I wanted to specify that my would be husband is in India. Now lets say I merry him on paper so after that we will b a legal couple. And then I come to Canada, so can I put my PR file for both of us?? Me as a principle applicant and I can add my husband's name in my file??
The other thing I get confused with is my husband would b in India(in July when i'll put my PR file) and he would neither be even in Canada, nor he would be having any canadian work experience. Still can I add him in my PR file??
N how long usually does it take to process the file for both of us??
Don't be so scared. This is a regular process....many applicants do that.

The spouse neither has to be in Canada nor has to have a Canadian Work experience as long as the Principal Applicant fulfills the requirements.

Once you get married - email Ottawa and ask them what documents are needed to add your spouse as a dependent. I can provide you the list but it's always better to ask CIC for the most updated document list as the requirements could change by the time you apply.
But you would definitely need these things for your spouse at the time of adding him to your application:
Application fee
PCC for spouse
Copy of Marriage Certificate

In your case, I don't think it would impact your timelines that much if you provide all the updated forms even by December.