+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Married without spouse accompany to get single score? feasible?

kevin17

Jun 6, 2015
Hey guys, I'm having doubts regarding the score of EE.

I'm married, my wife and I are on work permit right now. Our boy was born in Canada. I'm planning on apply for PR under CEC category.

My question is that if my spouse is not accompanying me I get 460ish score, but if she is accompanying I get only 440ish. So I'm thinking of submit an application without her accompany. In this case, if I get PR in the future how can she get PR? Spouse sponsorship? My concern is that will they ask why your wife didn't accompany you in the first place? Is there any good explanation to it?

Thanks in advance. :-*

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
kevin17 said:

I'm married, my wife and I are on work permit right now. Our boy was born in Canada. I'm planning on apply for PR under CEC category.

My question is that if my spouse is not accompanying me I get 460ish score, but if she is accompanying I get only 440ish. So I'm thinking of submit an application without her accompany. In this case, if I get PR in the future how can she get PR? Spouse sponsorship? My concern is that will they ask why your wife didn't accompany you in the first place? Is there any good explanation to it?

In your scenario both of yall are already in canada, you cannot prove that your spouse will not accompany which is more like misrepresentation. I would suggest you both work on IELTS and try to improve the score rather trying something which is not appropriate.

kevin17

Jun 6, 2015
thinkshady said:
In your scenario both of yall are already in canada, you cannot prove that your spouse will not accompany which is more like misrepresentation. I would suggest you both work on IELTS and try to improve the score rather trying something which is not appropriate.
Thanks for your reply. Improving IELTS has always been my top priority, lol.

paras1991

Jun 26, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RCMP -23 Sep, submitted-23 Sep 2015
AOR Received.
20-8-2015
Med's Done....
29 Aug-Passed
Passport Req..
07 jan 2016
LANDED..........
30 jan 2016
my friend has applied as non accompanying spouse...he's still waiting for result..applied in dec...both are in canada on work permit

kevin17

Jun 6, 2015
paras1991 said:
my friend has applied as non accompanying spouse...he's still waiting for result..applied in dec...both are in canada on work permit
Let me know how it turns out bro!!!

paras1991

Jun 26, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RCMP -23 Sep, submitted-23 Sep 2015
AOR Received.
20-8-2015
Med's Done....
29 Aug-Passed
Passport Req..
07 jan 2016
LANDED..........
30 jan 2016

Prak2906

Feb 18, 2017
Is it possible to apply as a principal applicant giving all information about your dependents in the application but making them unaccompanying members. Later once your PR is in process, make them accompanying by sending in few forms.
I wonder if this is possible to include them as adding them would decrease the CRS eligibility points and lead to rejection.
Any experience guys?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Prak2906 said:
Is it possible to apply as a principal applicant giving all information about your dependents in the application but making them unaccompanying members. Later once your PR is in process, make them accompanying by sending in few forms.
I wonder if this is possible to include them as adding them would decrease the CRS eligibility points and lead to rejection.
Any experience guys?
well this question gets asked quite a few times,

you need to give a proper reason as to WHY your dependents are not joining you... and before you think anything, this is not an acceptable answer "I get higher CRS applying as a single person"

you also have to remember that in PoF you will need to show funds for all your dependents, not just you (even if they are not accompanying you) and adding dependents to the application at a later stage is a bit painful...

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You need to show PoF and get medical and PCC for the non accompanying spouse.

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
kevin17 said:

i suggest you apply together and seeing the trend you have better chance to get picked by the end of march,or once the opnp gets opened next month apply under that category and you will get additional 600 points

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
Prak2906 said:
Any experience guys?
It's not possible, since recalculated CRS score with spouse may fall under the cut-off score. It would mean rejection.

The only option for getting PR for non accompanying family members (if CRS falls under cut-off) is sponsorship application, which is a long process. If you want to keep your family together, don't apply as single.

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
kevin17 said:

The only option for getting PR for non accompanying family members (if recalculated CRS falls under cut-off) is sponsorship application, which is a really long process. If you want to keep your family together, don't apply as single.

VisaExperts

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019

To do this you need to provide the proper reason as to why did you plan to do this. You can apply through the former process but it would take a longer duration to do so. For this, you have to send your family back and then apply for your PR and call them on family visa(under specific categories of course).