+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Married but Separated - Please help. ITA received on March 1st

cec_21

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Seniors and Experts,

Please help, I am standing at 511 points. While creating my EE profile I mentioned as I am Married at that time it didn't click to choose Separated option, as we are separated for a year now. While filing my profile it asked me about my spouse personal details and her families details. She is Canadian and I am Indian, we moved back to India in March 2015 and separated in March 2016.

Since, then we have not kept in contact, although I texted her to help me with the details, she clearly said no. Even, if she changes her mind for basic information like her Parents and brothers DOB, I am worried if CIC will ask for their birth certificates and all.

Do you guys recommend that I should withdraw from the Pool, and create a new profile mentioning I am separated? Will, they even ask questions relating to her? Or shall I create a profile mentioning as I am Single. Anyways, I am not worried about points as I am above 500. Please help.

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated. Thank you for your time and help!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you mention that you are separated you will still have to provide a legal separation agreement.

cec_21

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
If you mention that you are separated you will still have to provide a legal separation agreement.
Thank you for your response. Where do I get that from lol. I am stuck, do not know what to do. Shall I withdraw and make a new profile mentioning as single? What do you think?

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
cec_21 said:
Thank you for your response. Where do I get that from lol. I am stuck, do not know what to do. Shall I withdraw and make a new profile mentioning as single? What do you think?
Why would you want to lie in your application?
When you say separated, did you start any divorce procedure?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The above is correct, if you want to risk misrepresentation then go ahead and state your status as single.

Otherwise contact a lawyer to get your legal separation agreement.

cec_21

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
BC4life said:
Why would you want to lie in your application?
When you say separated, did you start any divorce procedure?
I do not want to lie or misrepresent, please don't get me wrong but I am stuck and looking for answers here. No, I have not started any divorce procedure yet. She is completely ignoring me, she has found another partner and it is completely okay hence I do not know how to go bout this. That is why I am looking for help.

cec_21

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
The above is correct, if you want to risk misrepresentation then go ahead and state your status as single.

Otherwise contact a lawyer to get your legal separation agreement.
I won't do that (misrepresentation).

I would have to contact a lawyer in Canada, do not know her current address even if I find a lawyer. Shall, I write this to CIC?

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Dont Accept ITA get a Divorce and then enter pool again and continue.
You can do nothing at this point.

No Immigration lawyer can help you.
You should get at least a legal separation doc.
How Legal Separation works in Canada?

She wont respond to your mail, you said.

Filling for divorce and getting it when she is not interested is a long process.
You should have started the divorce process when you got separated then you could
explain to CIC that its under process.

cec_21

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
BreakingBad said:
Dont Accept ITA get a Divorce and then enter pool again and continue.
You can do nothing at this point.

No Immigration lawyer can help you.
You should get at least a legal separation doc.
How Legal Separation works in Canada?

She wont respond to your mail, you said.

Filling for divorce and getting it when she is not interested is a long process.
You should have started the divorce process when you got separated then you could
explain to CIC that its under process.
Thank you, this seems time consuming.