+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage fraud

Alexdavid

Jan 22, 2019
The women that i met in my home country and have relationship with her, living in Canada. We got married in Canada and she apply to CIC for sponsorship. During 1 year in Canada she expelled me from apartment ( that i gave her money to buy) several times. On 4 time of banished , i rented separate and demanded my money back. To not bring money back she withdrew application for sponsorship.
I know that she fraud me.
What legal possibilities i have?

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I don't fully understand. Are you saying that she told you that if you want your money back she will withdraw her sponsorship of you?

What exactly is the fraud you are pertaining to?

eblend

Dec 30, 2018
So she brought you here from another country, took some money from you, and then withdrew her application? Was it a lot of money? Not sure if it's really scam, usually it's the other way around, sounds more like the relationship didn't work out and she changed her mind? Sorry we need more information. When you sponsor someone you are financially responsible for them for the duration of 10 years, perhaps things weren't going well as you guys hoped and she changed her mind, I don't know if that's exactly fraud, it would be fraud if you came here and left her after getting your sponsorship. Please provide more details.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately since you gave her money willingly while you were married this is likely a family law issue that you'll have to sort out in a divorce. If she demanded money before you got married in exchange for sponsorship that's different.

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
The women that i met in my home country and have relationship with her, living in Canada. We got married in Canada and she apply to CIC for sponsorship. During 1 year in Canada she expelled me from apartment ( that i gave her money to buy) several times. On 4 time of banished , i rented separate and demanded my money back. To not bring money back she withdrew application for sponsorship.
I know that she fraud me.
What legal possibilities i have?
Seems to me that you were the one committing marriage fraud here as this sounds like an arranged marriage for immigration purposes.

Alexdavid

Jan 22, 2019
I married her because I loved her and she married me to get money from me.
After I stopped give her money she expel me and start talking about divorce.
I rented separate and ask from her my money back. So she withdrew applications and didn't apply for divorce to wait my Work Permit expired for not brink me my money.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I married her because I loved her and she married me to get money from me.
After I stopped give her money she expel me and start talking about divorce.
I rented separate and ask from her my money back. So she withdrew applications and didn't apply for divorce to wait my Work Permit expired for not brink me my money.
As canuck78 mentioned, giving money while married is a family law issue so you may want to contact a family lawyer. In terms of her withdrawal of your sponsorship, she is entitled to do so as the sponsor and is the right thing to do since you are separated. Sponsoring you even if you are separated is immigration fraud.

Alexdavid

Jan 22, 2019
So she brought you here from another country, took some money from you, and then withdrew her application? Was it a lot of money? Not sure if it's really scam, usually it's the other way around, sounds more like the relationship didn't work out and she changed her mind? Sorry we need more information. When you sponsor someone you are financially responsible for them for the duration of 10 years, perhaps things weren't going well as you guys hoped and she changed her mind, I don't know if that's exactly fraud, it would be fraud if you came here and left her after getting your sponsorship. Please provide more details.
She took more than 40000 ca. We bought condo on her name.
If I will deside to stay in Canada I can apply for Skill trade program as I have Red Seal.

eblend

Dec 30, 2018
Damn, that's crazy. Sorry to hear about your situation. You should probably talk to a lawyer as soon as possible.

Alexdavid

Jan 22, 2019
As canuck78 mentioned, giving money while married is a family law issue so you may want to contact a family lawyer. In terms of her withdrawal of your sponsorship, she is entitled to do so as the sponsor and is the right thing to do since you are separated. Sponsoring you even if you are separated is immigration fraud.
I agree with you. But she didn't want to start divorce process to not bring money back and wait till my Work Permit expired.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She took more than 40000 ca. We bought condo on her name.
If I will deside to stay in Canada I can apply for Skill trade program as I have Red Seal.
You need to be speaking to a divorce attorney. You didn't have to buy a condo an put it in her name.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I agree with you. But she didn't want to start divorce process to not bring money back and wait till my Work Permit expired.
Depending on you being able to meet residency requirements, YOU can start divorce proceedings, she can't do anything about it.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I already did every thing, got CIC program and with my lawyer she bring me back 50% from the money.
I know for sure that she did it on purpose, she has relationship with me to improve her finances. I am not the first to whom she did it.
Unfortunately if you were a willing participant it is hard to do more than you are actually doing.