waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
newbee1 said:
Hi my husband fled away 3 weeks after coming to Canada and I complained to CBSA. They also sent me a letter saying that they have forwarded my case to CIC. Now My spouse is trying to contact me again saying he wants to be with me which makes me wonder that has immigration notified him that there is a complaint against him.
Can anyone tell me how does this procedure work? My case falls under new law of conditional PR as I applied after OCt 2012
Since he has a conditional PR, he probably only recently found out that he could lose his PR status if you divorce him. So he is freaking out and trying to fool you to thinking he wants to be with you so you don't divorce him and he can keep his PR. Then once the 2 years is up, he will then leave you.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
newbee1 said:
Hi my husband fled away 3 weeks after coming to Canada and I complained to CBSA. They also sent me a letter saying that they have forwarded my case to CIC. Now My spouse is trying to contact me again saying he wants to be with me which makes me wonder that has immigration notified him that there is a complaint against him.
Can anyone tell me how does this procedure work? My case falls under new law of conditional PR as I applied after OCt 2012
It is distinctly possible that this is the case. With a conditional PR and notification that the relationship with the sponsor has been abandoned, he would be subject to revocation of his PR. I'm not sure what the process is for revocation and I couldn't find anything obvious in ENF 23 ("Loss of Permanent Residence") but I suspect that it is likely that he's been advised that if his relationship has ended, his PR will be revoked and he will be subject to removal.

If that's the case, then if you refuse to reconcile the process would likely lead to his removal from Canada. Further, a finding of misrepresentation (marriage fraud) would bar him from coming to Canada for some period of time after a removal.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Of course he's contacting you now with the 'But honey, I love you, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it' bit. If he is under the new conditional PR they likely informed him of this and that without reconciliation he would be likely deported back to wherever he came from.

If I were you, I would think very long and hard about reconciling with him as he has already proven his 'worth' by leaving 3 weeks after getting here.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

newbee1 said:
He probably has realized he is in deep "doo doo" and that now CIC knows he is not living with his spouse as per conditions on his COPR and that he left after 3 weeks, that CIC is going to send him home. His only hope is to get back with his wife. My thought? Don't do it, you will regret that decision for the next 2 years.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
PMM said:
He probably has realized he is in deep "doo doo" and that now CIC knows he is not living with his spouse as per conditions on his COPR and that he left after 3 weeks, that CIC is going to send him home. His only hope is to get back with his wife. My thought? Don't do it, you will regret that decision for the next 2 years.
I agree 100% on this one. He screwed up. It's time for him to face the consequences.

newbee1

Dec 20, 2013
keesio said:
Since he has a conditional PR, he probably only recently found out that he could lose his PR status if you divorce him. So he is freaking out and trying to fool you to thinking he wants to be with you so you don't divorce him and he can keep his PR. Then once the 2 years is up, he will then leave you.
I agree with you 100%, He will for sure leave me after 2 years and every email that he sends me that says that he wants to be back with me is in a very legal language.. I know he consulted a lawyer and is trying to use me for another 2 years to his PR.

newbee1

Dec 20, 2013
computergeek said:
It is distinctly possible that this is the case. With a conditional PR and notification that the relationship with the sponsor has been abandoned, he would be subject to revocation of his PR. I'm not sure what the process is for revocation and I couldn't find anything obvious in ENF 23 ("Loss of Permanent Residence") but I suspect that it is likely that he's been advised that if his relationship has ended, his PR will be revoked and he will be subject to removal.

If that's the case, then if you refuse to reconcile the process would likely lead to his removal from Canada. Further, a finding of misrepresentation (marriage fraud) would bar him from coming to Canada for some period of time after a removal.
When he fled away with his gf he did not contact me for few days but the day I got a letter from Immigration saying that they will start investigation, the same day he started calling me my family and everyone he knew on my side saying that he wants to be back with me. I wonder that may be how I got a notification from Immigration about the case he got something too. Because the timing is just perfect. He has been since trying to contact me. I will never go back to him, " Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".

Reactions: Ayat

newbee1

Dec 20, 2013
PMM said:
Hi

I will never go back to him he left me and family in so much pain and now when he is in trouble he wants to be back with me. I am just not sure how this procedure of immigration works but I am pretty sure that he knows that there is an investigation going on against him.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
newbee1 said:
When he fled away with his gf he did not contact me for few days but the day I got a letter from Immigration saying that they will start investigation, the same day he started calling me my family and everyone he knew on my side saying that he wants to be back with me. I wonder that may be how I got a notification from Immigration about the case he got something too. Because the timing is just perfect. He has been since trying to contact me. I will never go back to him, " Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".
He probably gotten an email from CIC about his revoking his PR condition. Otherwise how else does he know about the CIC investigation. CIC does not have his mailing address.

That said, I would suggest, like everyone is saying. Boot his ass out of Canada.

Screech339

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
newbee1 said:
I agree with you 100%, He will for sure leave me after 2 years and every email that he sends me that says that he wants to be back with me is in a very legal language.. I know he consulted a lawyer and is trying to use me for another 2 years to his PR.
hey there I agree with the posts he realized that things are not going as planned and is trying to do whatever it takes to get back on track. Based on him leaving just after 3 weeks of landing clearly shows that he is not serious about being with you. If you do forgive him however I don't think that he will be able to stay 2 years without screwing up again I mean if he does not want to be with pretending to care will only last that long.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
folks-g said:
I don't think that he will be able to stay 2 years without screwing up again I mean if he does not want to be with pretending to care will only last that long.
Don't underestimate the will of someone desperate for something. 2 years is nothing if the reward is big enough.

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
keesio said:
Don't underestimate the will of someone desperate for something. 2 years is nothing if the reward is big enough.
keesio 2 years is a very long time I think that most people will show you their true colors within that time who we really are is something that cant be suppressed for too long it has a way of coming out when we least expect it.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
folks-g said:
keesio 2 years is a very long time I think that most people will show you their true colors within that time who we really are is something that cant be suppressed for too long it has a way of coming out when we least expect it.
I know a guy whose dad married a girl 50 years younger. He was younger than his dad's wife. He had a falling out with his dad after they argued over her a few times and his dad cut him off. 9 years later the guy's dad died and she cashed-in. She then later laughed at him but admitted she didn't think she'd have to wait that long before he "croaked".

newbee1

Dec 20, 2013
folks-g said:
hey there I agree with the posts he realized that things are not going as planned and is trying to do whatever it takes to get back on track. Based on him leaving just after 3 weeks of landing clearly shows that he is not serious about being with you. If you do forgive him however I don't think that he will be able to stay 2 years without screwing up again I mean if he does not want to be with pretending to care will only last that long.
I can never forgive me all I wish is that I get justice. I think I am lucky as I fall under the new rule. I always used to read about those people whose spouse leave them after coming to the country and those people were so helpless in the absence of strict laws against such kind of fraud people. Now i know how painful it is.
I can never forgive him and I think people like him dont deserve forgiveness.
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY :)

newbee1

Dec 20, 2013
keesio said:
I know a guy whose dad married a girl 50 years younger. He was younger than his dad's wife. He had a falling out with his dad after they argued over her a few times and his dad cut him off. 9 years later the guy's dad died and she cashed-in. She then later laughed at him but admitted she didn't think she'd have to wait that long before he "croaked".
wOWW some people are so terrible :(