Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
The cheque also serves as proof, so you are covered there.

Abuse in whatever quantity is not healthy. Sounds like you are giving up(have given up?)? Ofcourse, abuse is a big deal. Consider speaking with a divorce lawyer first and see what he/she suggests. Take good care of yourself.

JustMarried81 said:
I paid her 1 year in full already 2 months ago the first weekend I was here I paid by check.

The abuse is just her talking and saying things to me. I don't think it's that much I just said abuse to you guys because that's what it is to me. In the eyes of the LAW it's not a big deal. And yes IO said to sign this agreement for 2 years or else I lose my PR. When I try to reapply.

Abrassain

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
10-10-2014 (proof of finances to adequately support spouse)
AOR Received.
11-08-2014 (SA)
File Transfer...
20-08-2014
Med's Done....
04-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2015 (COPR dated April 23, 2015)
LANDED..........
02-05-2015
I've been divorced before. He was incredibly abusive and constantly blamed his behaviour on his mental and personality disorders. I tried to help but he had every excuse to avoid getting better. Eventually I couldn't take it anymore. I didn't hire a lawyer because all the forms and directions were online. I went to my city's family courthouse, spoke to a duty counsel and filed it. Served my ex on my own. Someone in this thread said it takes really long. I don't know about that since I filed on January 17 and got the divorce order mid-May. If you don't have shared assets or kids, and aren't asking for support, it goes quickly. I think my total cost to file it in court was less than $600. Beats paying thousands to a lawyer.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Abrassain said:
I've been divorced before. He was incredibly abusive and constantly blamed his behaviour on his mental and personality disorders. I tried to help but he had every excuse to avoid getting better. Eventually I couldn't take it anymore. I didn't hire a lawyer because all the forms and directions were online. I went to my city's family courthouse, spoke to a duty counsel and filed it. Served my ex on my own. Someone in this thread said it takes really long. I don't know about that since I filed on January 17 and got the divorce order mid-May. If you don't have shared assets or kids, and aren't asking for support, it goes quickly. I think my total cost to file it in court was less than $600. Beats paying thousands to a lawyer.
Based on your stated information here, you divorced somewhere OTHER than Canada. In Canada you have to separate for 1 year before you can even initiate divorce proceedings. Or this is what I have gathered so far. I have never divorced in Canada and have no intentions either. LOL

Abrassain

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
11-08-2014 (SA)
File Transfer...
20-08-2014
Med's Done....
04-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
02-05-2015
Uh, no, actually. I live in Canada and got divorced here. He was abusive so the one year separation thing didn't apply.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Alurra71 said:
Based on your stated information here, you divorced somewhere OTHER than Canada. In Canada you have to separate for 1 year before you can even initiate divorce proceedings. Or this is what I have gathered so far. I have never divorced in Canada and have no intentions either. LOL
I can't comment on Canadian divorce law, but certainly under English law, there are some fundamental exemptions to the wait period. Adultery is one. It's possible that cruelty is another..

However, if the above divorce had been contested, it would certainly have taken MUCH longer and required legal support. Uncontested divorces are usually quick, especially if no shared assets/children are involved, once the petition conditions are met.

Abrassain

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
11-08-2014 (SA)
File Transfer...
20-08-2014
Med's Done....
04-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
02-05-2015
Zardoz, it is the same here. I had proof of abusive behaviour as well as multiple instances of adultery. I didn't ask for child or spousal support which is why I think he didn't contest it. He happily signed everything and it was final 5 months later. I know another couple that wanted a joint divorce so they just backdated their separation agreement to expedite it. Anyway, my point is that if it's joint or uncontested, it goes quickly, and you don't need a lawyer either.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
JustMarried81 said:
I can't stay here because you have to be married for 2 years.
Note that one of the exceptions to Condition 51 is abuse. If you have been abused sufficiently to qualify for divorce on such grounds, then I do not see how (or why) CIC would argue that you wouldn't qualify for the exception.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/family-sponsorship.asp

You do not have to stay in the relationship to keep your status in Canada if you are being abused or neglected.

If you are affected by the conditional permanent residence measure, you can request an exception.

If you have received conditional permanent residence status, you can request an exception from the condition at any time during the two-year conditional period. You can do so by calling the CIC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100. Any information you provide will be kept confidential.

biko

Jan 23, 2015
how were you able to deport him?. I am in the same shoe now. My wife left after 3 weeks of her arrival in Canada. I did not neglect, abuse or do anything wrong to her. Instead she was the one using and mistreating me.

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
biko said:
how were you able to deport him?. I am in the same shoe now. My wife left after 3 weeks of her arrival in Canada. I did not neglect, abuse or do anything wrong to her. Instead she was the one using and mistreating me.
If the PR says "condition 51" on it then the person is required to be deported if the marriage breaks down before 2 years has passed.

biko

Jan 23, 2015
I did spoke with one of the top immigration lawyer in my city & he said its not easy, as the CBSA & CIC don't really go after these people, he told me all she have to say is I abused her even with no supported evidence. I am not losing hope yet but I will definitely go after her legally & use all the legal resources in Canada. I wrote to the CIC they inform me to contact CBSA. I contact CBSA but I did not hear from them yet.

Halva

May 9, 2014
zeekay said:
Thank you so much computergeek, canadianwoman and visita44. I really appreciate your time and advice. Yes indeed it's time for me to heal and focus on other beautiful things in life. I always do believe in Good Karma and that gives me the inspiration to move forward. Thanks again from bottom of my heart.
One must check own-self for modus-operandi exercised to her. Also he must know "Theory of Karma" here.
GOD is gr8... keep in mind.

Maples

Apr 4, 2015
newbee1 said:
My husband played an immigration fraud on me and left me within 3 weeks of landing in Canada. After he fled away I immediately informed CIC. He was deported within 6 months.
I am posting this information for the people who are suffering because of fraudsters.
If anyone needs any information or want to know how the procedure went through please feel free to inbox me.
I am in the same situation with you. My husband run away after he got all his identity card within three months. After I cosigned a credit card for him, help and support him get his US visa and leave me pregnant for three month. Please tell me what is the procedure to report and how long it will take. I reported to CBSA in April. Appreciate any help!

Mapleson

Apr 2, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015
Maples said:
After I cosigned a credit card for him, help and support him get his US visa and leave me pregnant for three month.
I'm not sure if I should say congratulations or consolations. Speak to your bank or credit card company. As cosigner, you can get the account closed.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Sorry you went through that. I don't know if you also have to report to CIC, may be others can comment. Now, it's just a waiting game. Hard to know how long it takes CBSA to do something (if they will do anything) but try to forget about him and focus on your baby (congrats by the way). Call the bank and cancel the credit card. On the plus side, it's good he is in the US now and can not collect welfare money.

Maples said:
I am in the same situation with you. My husband run away after he got all his identity card within three months. After I cosigned a credit card for him, help and support him get his US visa and leave me pregnant for three month. Please tell me what is the procedure to report and how long it will take. I reported to CBSA in April. Appreciate any help!

Maples

Apr 4, 2015
Mapleson said:
I'm not sure if I should say congratulations or consolations. Speak to your bank or credit card company. As cosigner, you can get the account closed.
SenoritaBella said:
Sorry you went through that. I don't know if you also have to report to CIC, may be others can comment. Now, it's just a waiting game. Hard to know how long it takes CBSA to do something (if they will do anything) but try to forget about him and focus on your baby (congrats by the way). Call the bank and cancel the credit card. On the plus side, it's good he is in the US now and can not collect welfare money.
Thank you all for the reply. I called the bank, the bank said that its his card, my name is not on it. So I can't just cancel it. But they did mention that if he won't pay back then it's his credit record be ruined. They use my income to approve the card. He is still in Canada somewhere, but he got his US visa, can enter US anytime.

Any ideas on how to report to CIC? Anybody has he experience to share please? Is it possible that i report to United State about his US visa fraud? I am really stresses by this, always have hard time to sleep.