Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Mevakesh said:
Is it just me or do women sponsors have their files move much more quickly? Then we have such cases pop up all the time where the men disappear after coming over here. Not just limited to Cubans, but even in the Indian community (and others) we see this.
look at my timeline......my wife is sponsoring me and right now my application been file over a year now.......so it sure doest not make any difference at all

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
frankfield said:
Hello Forum:

If we only knew the about the fork in the road.. we would have taken more caution, right? I feel it for Erin who got taken by the Cuban. Is it our problem? You better believe it. As you work through this trying immigration process spend some time thinking about some of the sacrifices you now make. Are you trying to impress this man or woman we have fallen "down" in love with? If you knew it would not be happily ever after would you buy three phone cards for the month? Would you send your rent money? Take that trip you cant affort? borrow your childs tuition? send that barrel? stayed up pass you bed time to keep him/her company? dropped all your "badmind" friends? etc. The fork in the road is a *censored word* aint it? There is an Erin in all of us. Some of us will go on and feel blessed to have met such a wonderful person while others will have made a terrible mistake that will take emotional, financial toil. Use good Judgement when it is possible.

If someone lives in a "poor" condition they are accustomed to that already and are survivors in that regard. We may want to introduce them to the "good" life right away but hold on to you horses and credit cards and let this individual proof he/she is worth the debt you are about to incur. Save money for when they arrive to inprove the quality of "both" your lives. Why should you go without to make his life better? What has he/she done for you.. besides giving you earth shaking sex, sweet words, promises? I am the bring you back to earth angel that no one cares to hear. Sarcasm coming like rain, I expect, but from one woman to another, sister to a brother, people love hard, think smart. Dont find yourselves with a broken heart, wounded Pus**/dic*, empty purse, endless debt. Listen to these words or mock them.. it is up to you. The worst thing to say is "If me did know, me woulda, shoulda, coulda for then its too late. Longe distance love is so sweet, everybody jus on their best behaviour. Put up with any amount of bullying, biding the time to make you pay... Then there is bliss, true love that last for ever despite the struggles. Which category fits your story? Peace, love, and common sense to you all
well put

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Double Rainbow said:
Hear, Hear Our GENUINE relationship of almost 10 years got denied the visa January 07th 2013 :mad:
Hi Double Rainbow

Really sorry for your refusal and i hope you will fight it!

i am not out of line here could you tell us on what grounds did they refuse your spouse?

Thank you

E.Perez

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 13, 2012
AOR Received.
Nov. 22, 2012
Med's Done....
Sep. 26, 2012
Passport Req..
May 21, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 5, 2013
LANDED..........
September 16, 2013 - Toronto
rg2012 said:
Likely out of luck. Here's an almost exact story that was in the Toronto Star a few weeks ago: http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2013/02/07/marriage_to_cuban_leaves_brampton_bride_brokenhearted_and_broke.html

She will be held responsible for any welfare claims by her "husband".
Wow this one really looks bad...

Marriage to Cuban leaves Brampton bride brokenhearted — and broke

Erin Sanden says this is the note, written on a napkin, she found after her husband vanished, three days after he finally arrived in Canada.

Shayeste

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-11-2012 (in process)
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
The fact that the VOs are issuing the visa quicker is for all of the VOs. They are trying to reduce the number of applications in hand and get to the older ones.
Even Ankara VO is being really quick! The website says 16 months but most of us who applied after June 2012 are getting our visas within 5 - 7 months.

It is a shame that some people are such frauds and cause some of the genuine marriages trouble and rejection.

veradis said:
So my friend's husband arrived from Cuba a few weeks ago. And it turns out he's a complete and total fraud. She applied on Oct 23rd...and the new conditional PR law only came into effect on Oct 25th. Is she completely out of luck and just has to hope he doesn't go on welfare in the next 3 years...or is it possible she could be protected by the new law?
My husband arrived 3 months ago and I a victim of marriage fraud as well. I kicked him out last friday after finding a facebook account he opened to meet other woman. I have all print screens of the messages he sent the girls. Not only this I actually retrieved his email password and now find out that he has a girl back in cuba that is pregnant with his child. I have emails of him having conversations with his family about welfare and that he is saying he was abused my me. I have emails have a certain helping out. I have already reported by mariage to CBSA. How can they not do anything with my evidence??? I have evidence cause I am smarter than him and knews how to hack his email. How can they not do something with what I have? He is clearly writing back and forth to this girl in cuba saying how much he loves her.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
ppsandy79 said:
My husband arrived 3 months ago and I a victim of marriage fraud as well. I kicked him out last friday after finding a facebook account he opened to meet other woman. I have all print screens of the messages he sent the girls. Not only this I actually retrieved his email password and now find out that he has a girl back in cuba that is pregnant with his child. I have emails of him having conversations with his family about welfare and that he is saying he was abused my me. I have emails have a certain helping out. I have already reported by mariage to CBSA. How can they not do anything with my evidence??? I have evidence cause I am smarter than him and knews how to hack his email. How can they not do something with what I have? He is clearly writing back and forth to this girl in cuba saying how much he loves her.
Sorry to hear what happened to you! He is wicked and I hope they do something for you.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Just breaks my heart to hear these stories. I honestly don't know what I would have done had my husband done that to me. I am so thankful he is an honest man of integrity. Sadly I know a woman from Cuba who did the same thing although the Canadian man she married was insanely abusive and she had to flee the home with their baby a while later. She is now waiting till her daughter is 16 and they are heading back to Cuba.....so figures that her lying to get here would end up with her desperate to return to the place she fled from with a man that will do anything to keep his daughter from leaving to live there. ::)

I truly hope there is something that can be done to catch these guys and bring some justice to these women and to people everywhere sponsoring true, genuine relationships.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Jamesdavid3 said:
There is currently a man hunt for him.
I am glad to hear that! He needs to be sent back to Cuba!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
This could be a useful link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/report.asp

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
messenger said:
Hi Double Rainbow

Really sorry for your refusal and i hope you will fight it!

i am not out of line here could you tell us on what grounds did they refuse your spouse?

Thank you
The usual not genuine like everybody else's refusal but the fruadulent ones go through without a hitch so it seems :mad:

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
ppsandy79 said:
While a terrible situation, CIC follows protocol and policy when processing an immigration application and their agents cannot be expected to know an immigrant better than the person they married. However, they are expected to undo the damage people inflict on themselves marrying someone from abroad (in many cases, people they barely know!). Before a reasonable amount of time, sponsors should be liable for any moneys the government spends trying to deport an immigrant that is only in Canada as the result of the sponsor's own application. I know that comment is not going to sit well with many but in the end we all pay, through our tax dollars, for the capture and return of those immigrants.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
cempjwi said:
While a terrible situation, CIC follows protocol and policy when processing an immigration application and their agents cannot be expected to know an immigrant better than the person they married. However, they are expected to undo the damage people inflict on themselves marrying someone from abroad (in many cases, people they barely know!). Before a reasonable amount of time, sponsors should be liable for any moneys the government spends trying to deport an immigrant that is only in Canada as the result of the sponsor's own application. I know that comment is not going to sit well with many but in the end we all pay, through our tax dollars, for the capture and return of those immigrants.
Sadly, for all of those applicants who were 'duped' and then dumped before Oct 25 2012 there is no capture and return of said immigrants. It is only said immigrants sitting around biding their time until they can then sponsor 'the love of their lives' to Canada. If you have not lived with, met your spouse how can you be sure you are compatible? Everyone is compatible on a computer monitor .... but what happens when he/she gets there and they are the MOST ANNOYING thing you've dealt with your entire life? They sit around picking their nose all day doing nothing. They like to chew gum sounding like a cow chewing its cud all day. Insert any random bad habit one might not be ready to deal with and you now have a recipe for disaster. I have known my husband for 7 years. We only became a couple after his previous wife passed away unexpetedly in 2011. Everyone sees he was only a widower for 10 months before we were married, but nobody bothers to look and see we have known one another on a friendly basis for 7 years. I came to their house on a regular basis and was accepted by his wife as a friend as well. Do we now have moments when we are like, WOW, I did not know you did/liked that. You bet, but the key is we KNOW one another more than just what pixels on a screen tell us.

I think the point I'm trying to make here is that you really should know someone, their intentions, their desires, their wants and needs in life before jumping in both feet and taking on a huge financial responsibility such as sponsorship. The internet has allowed us to expand our 'dating pool' by thousands of miles that we didn't have 20 years ago, sadly though, those who would have cheated, stolen and lied 20 years ago from another country are still there, now only able to reach a larger group of potential victims. For any woman or man I caution you when you are on that dating site and get those OMG I think I love you messages from that person in another country, ask yourself, would this person be content with me coming to live with them in their country instead of them coming here? If the answer is no, then you probably are going to be duped and dumped....

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Alurra71 said:
Sadly, for all of those applicants who were 'duped' and then dumped before Oct 25 2012 there is no capture and return of said immigrants. It is only said immigrants sitting around biding their time until they can then sponsor 'the love of their lives' to Canada. If you have not lived with, met your spouse how can you be sure you are compatible? Everyone is compatible on a computer monitor .... but what happens when he/she gets there and they are the MOST ANNOYING thing you've dealt with your entire life? They sit around picking their nose all day doing nothing. They like to chew gum sounding like a cow chewing its cud all day. Insert any random bad habit one might not be ready to deal with and you now have a recipe for disaster. I have known my husband for 7 years. We only became a couple after his previous wife passed away unexpetedly in 2011. Everyone sees he was only a widower for 10 months before we were married, but nobody bothers to look and see we have known one another on a friendly basis for 7 years. I came to their house on a regular basis and was accepted by his wife as a friend as well. Do we now have moments when we are like, WOW, I did not know you did/liked that. You bet, but the key is we KNOW one another more than just what pixels on a screen tell us.

I think the point I'm trying to make here is that you really should know someone, their intentions, their desires, their wants and needs in life before jumping in both feet and taking on a huge financial responsibility such as sponsorship. The internet has allowed us to expand our 'dating pool' by thousands of miles that we didn't have 20 years ago, sadly though, those who would have cheated, stolen and lied 20 years ago from another country are still there, now only able to reach a larger group of potential victims. For any woman or man I caution you when you are on that dating site and get those OMG I think I love you messages from that person in another country, ask yourself, would this person be content with me coming to live with them in their country instead of them coming here? If the answer is no, then you probably are going to be duped and dumped....
I can see the point you make here and as others have already mentioned there is always the flip sideif the coin. I think Canada has made it very difficult to be approved for a visitor VISA and if this was easier many could know there spiuces by having them visit for a period of time and truly to know the person before marriage. Since VISA's are difficult to obtain and many of us can not live in another country because of obligations here some people enter marriage blindly.
Just suggesting that looking at visitor VISA's as an alternative might b a solution. Although some people may overstay, it doesn't have the same impact on a Canadian but I do recognize it would be costly to deport/ remove people that overstay VISA's. Basically nothing is perfect.