+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage dilemma amidst An already applied PR Request

Pouyaan

Feb 20, 2022
Hi. I immigrated to canada with PEQ program in Québec which required finishing the studies and getting the B2 degree in TEFAQ exam. So I entered to Canada in November 2018, finished my studies in 2020 and I got the B2 degree later in the year. After that I applied for CSQ in march and I received it in may. Furthermore I applied for PR in August 2021 as a Quebec Skilled Worker and now it’s in progress.
It’s worth mentioning that since my arrival, I’ve never left canada.

But I’m about to go back to my home country in July 2022 for two weeks to get married. And my concern is what is going to happen if I update my status in CIC and let them know that I’m married. Is it gonna affect my hard fought PR process, is it gonna reset my CSQ?!
Is it possible so I let CIC know that I’m married but ask them to let me finish the process of getting my PR individually and then when I get my PR, I sponsor my wife to come to Canada?
It gives me an enormous amount of the stress thinking the probable outcomes of this case, but I have to make sure what is the best decision that I can make?!

I would be glad if you recommend me what is the best strategy for my situation and this dilemma!

Last edited: