+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage before Landing in Canada

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got married last month, whereas I received my CoPR in Aug 2018. I have informed IRCC using the webform and have also got a mail from Delhi Immigration mentioning the documents that are needed.

However, my application has still not been updated online. Where do I need to upload the documents? Or should I merely mail them to Delhi Immigration?

Thanks!

Arvind873

Jan 30, 2019
I got married last month, whereas I received my CoPR in Aug 2018. I have informed IRCC using the webform and have also got a mail from Delhi Immigration mentioning the documents that are needed.

However, my application has still not been updated online. Where do I need to upload the documents? Or should I merely mail them to Delhi Immigration?

Thanks!
Please remind then a few times then will be done so also write an email too to Delhi Office sometimes it takes quite a while, you can upload the documents through webform. Also can send them via email too.

Reactions: kushagra452

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
T
Please remind then a few times then will be done so also write an email too to Delhi Office sometimes it takes quite a while, you can upload the documents through webform. Also can send them via email too.
Thanks. I have submitted another webform informing IRCC about my marriage. Will also write an email to Delhi Immigration. Hopefully, my application will be updated soon.

Reactions: pritiwalia

pritiwalia

Jul 24, 2018
T

Thanks. I have submitted another webform informing IRCC about my marriage. Will also write an email to Delhi Immigration. Hopefully, my application will be updated soon.
Hey, did u get any update?? What is the current status of ur application now??

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
G
Hey, did u get any update?? What is the current status of ur application now??
Got a reply from Canadian Immigration. Need to submit my passport and CoPR. My present visa and CoPR will be cancelled and new travel documents will be issued once additional documents are submitted.

Arvind873

Jan 30, 2019
G

Got a reply from Canadian Immigration. Need to submit my passport and CoPR. My present visa and CoPR will be cancelled and new travel documents will be issued once additional documents are submitted.
Great news see it worked one has to at times remind them a few times

Arvind 1991

Mar 24, 2019
@kushagra452

Did you send the Web query form only once? Or did you contact them multiple times? How many times did you receive a reply from them? Also did you contact them through email? I'm in the same boat and want to add my spouse but IRCC gave me a different reply through the Web query form. So I've emailed to coc ottawa for an update.

Arvind 1991

Mar 24, 2019
The below is the reply I received. Kindly suggest.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that it is not necessary to provide additional documentation or update your information if you do not currently have an application in process with IRCC.

For this reason, the information you provided will not be added to your file.

If applicable, we invite you to include this information when you submit a new application.

Furthermore, when you wish to sponsor your spouse or common law partner, two options are available to you. You can submit an application under the:

• Family Class, or
  • Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
To help you choose the best option for you, please take a look at the information available in theinstruction guide under the heading Choose the class of application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@kushagra452

Did you send the Web query form only once? Or did you contact them multiple times? How many times did you receive a reply from them? Also did you contact them through email? I'm in the same boat and want to add my spouse but IRCC gave me a different reply through the Web query form. So I've emailed to coc ottawa for an update.
I sent two queries to IRCC through the web form. In case you are not satisfied with the reply, then you may resend an update/follow-on query to IRCC using another webform.

I got a reply from DELHI.IMMIGRATION that spelled out the documents needed to in order to add a spouse to my existing approved application.

Reactions: Arvind 1991

Arvind 1991

Mar 24, 2019
I sent two queries to IRCC through the web form. In case you are not satisfied with the reply, then you may resend an update/follow-on query to IRCC using another webform.

I got a reply from DELHI.IMMIGRATION that spelled out the documents needed to in order to add a spouse to my existing approved application.
Can you please send me the content you wrote to the Delhi Immigration? Maybe I can use the same content and change the necessary details. It will be very helpful for me.

Thanks,
Arvind

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

Do I need to resubmit MY PCCs at the time of submitting my spouse's documents? My application was approved last year and passport was stamped.

I really do not want to go through the hassle of getting another PCC!

Thanks!

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you please send me the content you wrote to the Delhi Immigration? Maybe I can use the same content and change the necessary details. It will be very helpful for me.

Thanks,
Arvind
Dear Sir/Madam

Please find attached a letter confirming the change in my family composition. I got married on 27 Jan 2019 in New Delhi, India. My wife is an Indian citizen, residing in India.

Kindly update my file. I will be submitting the required additional documents soon.

Thanking you.

pritiwalia

Jul 24, 2018
Guys,

Do I need to resubmit MY PCCs at the time of submitting my spouse's documents? My application was approved last year and passport was stamped.

I really do not want to go through the hassle of getting another PCC!

Thanks!
Hi Kush

Yes you need to submit your PCC again, I did the same while adding my spouse.
Since PCC in India is valid for only 6 months, we need to get it done again.
I know it is a bit annoying but no choice.
By the way, what is your last date to submit all the docs for your change in marital status??

Regards

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kush

Yes you need to submit your PCC again, I did the same while adding my spouse.
Since PCC in India is valid for only 6 months, we need to get it done again.
I know it is a bit annoying but no choice.
By the way, what is your last date to submit all the docs for your change in marital status??

Regards
Hi Priti

Thanks for the reply. CIC has given me a month's time from 29 March to submit all the supporting documents.

Regards