App. Filed.......
28/02/2010
Doc's Request.
20/04/2010
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
I need to know the procedure to get marraige certificate which I can put up in Immigration.

The procedure that I know is
1. You do the traditional marraige(in my case it will be nikah). And I get a nikahnama.
2. On the basis of this nikahnama, I can get Marraige Certificate from Municipal Corporation of my city in Gujarati and English.

Now a lawyer advise told me that I need to get the marraige registered in court by submitting this 'Marraige Certificate'.

Can anyone please advise me on the procedure.

Your suggestion will be highly appreciated...

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nano24482 said:
I need to know the procedure to get marraige certificate which I can put up in Immigration.

1. You do the traditional marraige(in my case it will be nikah). And I get a nikahnama.
2. On the basis of this nikahnama, I can get Marraige Certificate from Municipal Corporation of my city in Gujarati and English.

Now a lawyer advise told me that I need to get the marraige registered in court by submitting this 'Marraige Certificate'.

Hi Nano,

I have not come across any query similar to yours on this forum.....I hope answer to your question will help many.

I just did a google search and came across the following link:

http://delhiadvocate.tripod.com/marriage_registration.html

chk pg 2 ..that has answer to your question

And this link below is from the Official website of India for Registration of MC (Chk for special Marriage acts)

http://india.gov.in/howdo/howdoi.php?service=3

Best of Luck....

Hey Nano, your signature just caught my attention....You are IN PROCESS since Jan 2011....more than 8 months IN PROCESS......whats going on?

Mitali

nano24482

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/02/2010
Doc's Request.
20/04/2010
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
Thanks a lot for your reply.
From what I understood of the procedure is that obtaining marraige certificate from Municipal Corporation is different and registering marraige is different.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

For people who have done this procedure please advise.

Dear Mitali as for the 'In process', it is still the same and with RBVO..
No update and am not expecting them anytime soon.
Maybe 6 months...

mitali said:
Hi Nano,

I have not come across any query similar to yours on this forum.....I hope answer to your question will help many.

I just did a google search and came across the following link:

http://delhiadvocate.tripod.com/marriage_registration.html

chk pg 2 ..that has answer to your question

And this link below is from the Official website of India for Registration of MC (Chk for special Marriage acts)

http://india.gov.in/howdo/howdoi.php?service=3

Best of Luck....

Hey Nano, your signature just caught my attention....You are IN PROCESS since Jan 2011....more than 8 months IN PROCESS......whats going on?

Mitali

Kghimire

Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per my understanding, in case of religious marriage, You can register your marriage in local municipal office after that they will issue you a registration of marriage certificate which will acts as marriage certificate (don't forget to translate it if it is not in English).

Thanks

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nano24482 said:

As per my understanding Nikkah Nama is your marriage certificate. In Pakistan Nikkah Nama comes in Urdu language but when they do English translation they write it as "Marriage Certificate" in English. Translate yours in English if its in other language and notarise it.

I don't know about India if you have to obtain a different marriage certificate or nikkah nama works for you.

Thanks

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
For Hindus who did a traditional temple wedding / presided by a priest /have a "certificate" issued by a community organisation or temple.... this is useful info.... http://wp.me/pe2zV-e

for nano24482, if you have time on your hands (30-35 days) then head to the nearest sub-registrar's office or the registrar of marriages office and get all the forms. You will mandatorily need an id proof, address proof and photographs. fill up everything and file a notice for intention of marriage. they will post this on the notice board and allow a 30 day period to allow anyone to file an objection. after 30 days go to the same place and get the marriage solemnized & collect your marriage certificate.

this is good reading. its for karnataka, but its almost the same for most states in india.
http://bit.ly/n0OLcs

there'll be about 2000 touts hanging around the office, its simple enough to do it yourself and will cost you about Rs.100-200. if you use an agent they will charge about Rs.1000-2000.

pittabread said:
As per my understanding Nikkah Nama is your marriage certificate. In Pakistan Nikkah Nama comes in Urdu language but when they do English translation they write it as "Marriage Certificate" in English. Translate yours in English if its in other language and notarise it.

I don't know about India if you have to obtain a different marriage certificate or nikkah nama works for you.

Thanks

dentist2011

Mar 15, 2011
Patiala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent along with the original app.
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-10-2011
IELTS Request
Sent along with the original application
File Transfer...
21-11-2011
Med's Request
19-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2013
LANDED..........
20-04-2013
Sat Shri Akal.... I'm a dentist who has applied for immigration to canada under the skilled workers category... Are u a Dentist too ???? Hope u have got ur PR by now and you can guide me.
I shall be highly grateful to you.
regards,
Dr. Malhi

N

nazdroveyaa

nano24482 said:

hi nano,

are you from mumbai?? then you can go to bandra court and have your marraige registered, you will also need 2 witness anyone will do infact the agent around the court will getthe witness also, all this could cost upto Rs.3000/ they also do same day certificate if you pay them

regards

nazzy