+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Market research analyst OR IBM

krishnanrao21

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Hi,

Guyz Iam working as marketing and design engineer . My consultant has suggested me the Market research analyst from Centennieland IBM from Red River . Pl advise.

--krishnan

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You currently have a Bachelor's degree? If yes .. than I strongly suggest you to go for a Masters Degree program and not a diploma program. This increases your visa approval chances and getting an admission into a Masters program adds up more value to your application.

PS: This is according to the stats I've read and heard.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have done your diploma .. Try going for an engineering degree. Seriously!!

tiger007

Champion Member
krishnanrao21 said:
Hi,
Guyz Iam working as marketing and design engineer . My consultant has suggested me the Market research analyst from Centennieland IBM from Red River . Pl advise.
--krishnan
Hi,

All major consultancies, most of the times only know 1 thing, i.e to suggest to any random student- go for PG certificate/diploma courses in one of their affiliated colleges/universities. They really don't analyze your actual background or keep in mind your interest, long term goal.. and are only concerned with you joining one of these PG certificate/diploma courses.. to one of these Canadian colleges (tied up with them), which in-turn will give them a hefty commission... every time they can send some 1 to pursue those not so good PG certificate courses, mostly run in Ontario colleges. These PG certificate courses are usually filled with desis/ only international students, and provide very little

If you have done a diploma in Mechanical engineering, and provided you have interest in the technical field, you can very well consider going for further education by pursuing a 4 years Bachelor in Engineering at any of the Canadian public universities. And in most cases atleast 60%- 85% (depending upon universities) is required in 12th(PCM) or Diploma in Engineering and an IELTS score of 6.5 (with 6 in all individual bands) to get admission to the Bachelor degree programs. The Canadian high commission (CHC) approves visa on basis of overall marks/ academic record, proper course selection ( in similar filed and better if shows progression), IELTS score, proper proof of adequate funding and an overall consistent profile. You may also choose to pursue a 2 years Diploma in mechanical engineering in any of the colleges across Canada, if you are not keen on studying for 4 more years, where believe me, practical diplomas (pursued after 12th - preferably with co-op/internship option) hold value and recognition, and even many Bachelor degree holder students from India, Pakistan etc. pursue diploma in Canada. However, to maximize your visa chances, you should apply for a 4 years B.E at any of the Canadian public universities, and once you get visa..go there a bit early, cancel B.E admission and shift over to 2 years diploma (in case you don't want to study fr 4 more years or cannot afford studies for 4 years). Sticking to the technical line will be a very good option, provided you are interested in it. There are forum members, whoa re diploma engineers, applying for visa in B,E 4 years university course, and then once get visa, move over to diploma. Doing a 2 years diploma, will make you eligible for a 3 years PGWP, which will give you adequate time to find job as well as pursue immigration. Citizens of India, only need to show funding of 1st year (i.e pay 1st year fees+ show 10,000$ for living expenses) even if they are applying to a 4 years degree course. Also remember, trained skilled people in field of engineering and sciences, i.e the graduates in these fields coming out of their colleges/universities will always be in more demand than a generic marketing related certificate, which any one can pursue.

If you are interested, in pursuing a career in Business/marketing, and especially you are a diploma holder... again, it's wise to apply for a 4 years BBA/Business Administration (Marketing) in any of the Canadian public university, so as to maximize your chances of getting visa, and once there either pursue Bachelors or shift over to 2 years diploma in business (Marketing) preferably with co-op/ internship option, so as to give you valuable Canadian work ex. and jump-start your career.

Moreover, most of the PG cert/diploma courses in Canadian colleges are pursued mostly by Bachelor degree or even Master degree holders from countries like India. I would personally advice not to pursue these courses as a diploma holder, when you have the option of progressing and pursuing bachelor's or 2 years practical diplomas. Now, if you do not have a required minimum 1st class to get admission to Bachelor degree programs, and prefer studying PG certificate courses as suggested by your agent, then doing a good PG certificate course in the field of Marketing will be best for you. one of very few reputed PG certificate - then there's one course related to marketing.. 1 year /3 SEM (2 SEM+1 SEM CO-OP) PG certificate in - Strategic Relationship Marketing Program (Postgraduate) (B409) at GBC (George Brown College), Toronto. (www.georgebrown.ca/co/gbc/programs/B409.html). This course you can apply right now for Sep. 2013 intake. The IB PG diploma at RRC, Manitoba (as suggested by your agent) is also a quiet decent course, and will be good if you are interested in the field of IB. After these courses, you will be eligible for only a 1 year PGWP.

You can see general rankings of Canadian universities to get an overall idea.. as to which universities are reputed.
For example: http://www.university-list.net/canada/rank/univ-7007.htm
www.4icu.org/ca/

Here's the list of ALL recognized Canadian educational institutes eligible for OCWP+PGWP, listed according to province:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

You need to go through the university department websites, contact the university departments to know more such as Bachelor degree options, deadlines, tuition fees, admission procedure etc. You will have to do the hard work to find the right type of programs of your desire and shortlist a list of say atleast 4-6 more universities, you may consider applying to. You should also go through college websites, to find some very unique practical diploma programs, which might interest you.

The application submission date for Fall 2013 (Sept) start in most universities is already long over, and you should consider applying for 2014 Fall intake, for which usually the last date can be anywhere between Nov 1 2013 to Feb 1 2014. Or search for universities with Jan 2014 intake.

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

krishnanrao21

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Thank you tiger007 for valuable advise. Let me share my Background.

10th-2003
Diploma-2006
Work exp-6yrs

I completed my diploma 7 yrs back and , i dont think doing bachelor after 7 yrs is a good idea that's why I opted for PGDM in Marketing , and selecting colleges which has Diploma in eligibility criteria.

tiger007

Champion Member
krishnanrao21 said:
Thank you tiger007 for valuable advise. Let me share my Background.

10th-2003
Diploma-2006
Work exp-6yrs

I completed my diploma 7 yrs back and , i don't think doing bachelor after 7 yrs is a good idea that's why I opted for PGDM in Marketing , and selecting colleges which has Diploma in eligibility criteria.

Hi,

That will be no issue, as long as you have a recognized diploma in engineering and valid work ex record/ proof for past 7 years. To enter bachelor's.... 1 st thing that counts is your Marks in diploma. So, what's your percentage in diploma? Besides.. with a long long gap since your last major diploma, showing progression for further studies... i.e actual progression..such as Bachelor in Engineering... will be the best route to have maximum chances to get visa...

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

over9000

Star Member
Mar 17, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have done my bachelors in Marketing and now I want to apply in a masters program. Even though I wanted to apply in a bachelors program, i can't because then I will get rejected again for visa. Are there any affordable and good universities offering masters in marketing or even advertising? I've done some research but I can't find anything interesting whatsoever.