+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marked NO for visa refusal in PR application even though visa had been refused o

Boss_s

Jan 30, 2019
When filling in my PR application i had answered NO for visa refusals even though i have had a visa refused once. The reason i had answered no for it was i got the visa the next time i applied.
However, i am worried after going through the forums with few saying that it can be taken as misrepresentation on my part.
It is nearly 5 months since i filed the PR application. So, should i be raising a CSE?

Visa History from beginning
- US visa granted
- US tourist visa rejected
- Canadian tourist visa granted (had made known about the US tourist visa refusal when filing the application as was aware the US and Canada share inforamtion pertaining to visa)
- US tourist visa granted.
Did you got ur pr ?

t0mmytm

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
I have a lot of examples for this error, me and my friends do the same mistakes.
My friends who corrected the Schedule A got their visa
My friends who have scared about reaching CIC has also got their visa lol ...

I reached them after 15 months from the application (after medical pass) for fixing my error, and im still waiting.

One advice: tell the truth, reach them ... if you will be rejected for this reason (99% impossible) you can continue your life without saying: Oh why i didnt tell the truth ... because a US/CA or any others canada refusals is not a reason for decline PR.

Ohee

Dec 6, 2020
Hi Itsmee,

I made the same mistake and this is what i did:

AOR : 12 Oct
I realized the same mistake and sent them a LOE and newly filled Schedule A via CSE on 28 Oct.

Got a reply on 4 Nov 2016 that the information has been passed to the concerned department. So i didnt do anything else after this.

I recently ordered and read my GCMS notes. In the notes i can see that on 22nd November it was added to the notes that an updated Schedule A had been submitted for the incorrect answer to statutory question.

Hope this helps.
Did you got PR or they refused you?

Swtie

Dec 12, 2020
Hello, I am similar situation and it’s been almost 8 months since my AOR. I forget to mention my usa visa refusal n I just realized that. I am debating if I should submit LOE or not. Could you tell me if you have received your PR after submitting LOE and how long it took to receive PR after submitting LOE. Please help me.