+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marital Status update and PR

hitman79

Jul 10, 2009
Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding my PR. I recently got married and the next day I got the letter from Canadian High Commission to submit my passport for PR. When I applied and through the whole process, I showed that I don´t have any dependents. I was planning to update my status. Now I only have 40 days to submit my passport. I want to find out whether it is a good idea to update my status and send my wife´s passport as well or just send my passport and apply for my wife´s visa later on.

Thanking you in anticipation,
Imran Khan.

OBIE

Feb 1, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hitman79 said:
Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding my PR. I recently got married and the next day I got the letter from Canadian High Commission to submit my passport for PR. When I applied and through the whole process, I showed that I don´t have any dependents. I was planning to update my status. Now I only have 40 days to submit my passport. I want to find out whether it is a good idea to update my status and send my wife´s passport as well or just send my passport and apply for my wife´s visa later on.

Thanking you in anticipation,
Imran Khan.
Hi Bro,
Quite a tough query here. I think its never to late to update ur marital status but 4 sure it will delay ur application. If I were in ur shoes I will send a case specific inquiry to CIO and hear what they say. But u could post this same inquiry and hear from others at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applications-after-266-in-any-noc-connect-here-to-get-the-status-t49421.20760.html someone might have done some similar inquiries,

adamvaid

Sep 10, 2010
australia
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney,australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan2010
Doc's Request.
march2010
File Transfer...
july2010
Med's Request
received
Med's Done....
21 jan 2011
Interview........
29 NOV 2010
Passport Req..
30 MAY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
ISSUED
LANDED..........
AUG 2011
It's a typical query . Better wait to get opinion from seniors. Or shoot an email to qorax or any other senior member.

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
Hitman since you are now married, your best bet is to inform them you are now married and they will issue yoy spouse with medical request.
It is worth the update even though it will delay things a little bit.Failure to update them will make your visa null and void if you collect it now. It is even cancellable at the point of entry. If you were just waiting to get married,i would have suggested you wait but for now it is not worth the hassle.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

fernendez said:
Hitman since you are now married, your best bet is to inform them you are now married and they will issue yoy spouse with medical request.
It is worth the update even though it will delay things a little bit.Failure to update them will make your visa null and void if you collect it now. It is even cancellable at the point of entry. If you were just waiting to get married,i would have suggested you wait but for now it is not worth the hassle.
He doesn't have a choice, his martial status has changed, so he must inform the processing office. He will have to amend his application, include his wife's application with police certificates and education documents,pay the fees, and wait for medical instructions. If he doesn't and he "lands" in Canada, he can never sponsor his wife, as she will not be a member of the family class. It is quite possible for him to be removed from Canada for misrepresentation.

hitman79

Jul 10, 2009
Hi guys,

Much appreciated for your response. I have managed to update them and have got the information. I am currently struggling to find the following forms if anyone can provide me with the links.

1. New Schedule 1/Background Declaration form and New Additional Family Information form IMM5406
2. IMM8 form

Thanks again for all the help.

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AINP_00-03-2009, CIC_08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
Senior members,

A question, do we need to update CIC if sibling's marital status has changed. Thanks.

"the"

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

He doesn't have a choice, his martial status has changed, so he must inform the processing office. He will have to amend his application, include his wife's application with police certificates and education documents,pay the fees, and wait for medical instructions. If he doesn't and he "lands" in Canada, he can never sponsor his wife, as she will not be a member of the family class. It is quite possible for him to be removed from Canada for misrepresentation.
Fully agreed with Senior Gem PMM
Don't delay or ignore as it might be a sorry story like what shared in following link.........
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/peoplethis-is-what-is-misrepresentation-t67763.0.html;msg680844#msg680844

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friza
have a look to the case and question of the "the". I have similar question to you , "should an applicant inform the visa office of "Bro/Sis is/are Married " in the additional family information form? please suggest Master!

wishing for your upcoming PassPort Request!

imu

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imu said:
Dear friza
have a look to the case and question of the "the". I have similar question to you , "should an applicant inform the visa office of "Bro/Sis is/are Married " in the additional family information form? please suggest Master!

wishing for your upcoming PassPort Request!

imu
To my understanding unless they are accompanying probably not needed at this stage.. but if you are asked to so by some reason (probably when you will have to update your new baby/family info) the basic IMM form (personal/family info) you can do the amendment that time...
I am not a Master.. my friend..... still at very early stage of learning....from our GEM Masters of this forum and you know who they are!!!

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
Absolutely right you need to inform them if you marry before landing. You can go back and marry after landing, it is no crime.

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for your reply .yes it can be done when we update the infirmation relating to the baby information . exactly it happens !