+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marital status change after AOR, and ECAS as Medicals Received in 4th line.

CAD_CAD

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Not a problem.

You'll have to send in Additional Family Information' form via the CSE route to CIC along with proof of your marriage. They'll proceed to add your spouse to your existing application and ask for their medicals, PCC(s) and settlement funds (if that applies in your case). This will delay your application processing but that's not a bad thing because your spouse will get PR status along with you.

All the best!
What about assigning new CRS points? Wouldn't it reduce points if the spouse is added after AOR? I have read somewhere in this forum that CRS points are recalculated based on the new situation (which is being "married" now).

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
CAD_CAD said:
What about assigning new CRS points? Wouldn't it reduce points if the spouse is added after AOR? I have read somewhere in this forum that CRS points are recalculated based on the new situation (which is being "married" now).
nothing will change after AOR, once your applciation is sent for permenant residence your time lien is frozen i.e your crs score

your spouse would just be added to the application

+1 if it helped

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adding spouse to your application takes much longer than one can expect. I do not agree with Asivad that it is a better way. I have a girlfriend and we plan to marry. However we decided to do this in Canada after I have landed and received PR. We will apply for sponsorship but all this waiting period we'll be together in Canada arranging our life.

A friend of mine included his spouse after PPR and it took 8 months to get updated PPR. I prefer to spend these 8 months already in Canada waiting for the sponsorship to get through.

If someone has quicker timeline please share

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
Russian said:
Adding spouse to your application takes much longer than one can expect. I do not agree with Asivad that it is a better way. I have a girlfriend and we plan to marry. However we decided to do this in Canada after I have landed and received PR. We will apply for sponsorship but all this waiting period we'll be together in Canada arranging our life.

A friend of mine included his spouse after PPR and it took 8 months to get updated PPR. I prefer to spend these 8 months already in Canada waiting for the sponsorship to get through.

it depends from your situation, but if you are married and you do not inform CIC its counted as misinterpretation.

you have to inform CIC about your marriage, now your spouse accompnying you or not accompynig you is your choice

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
futurecanadiannew123456 said:
it depends from your situation, but if you are married and you do not inform CIC its counted as misinterpretation.

you have to inform CIC about your marriage, now your spouse accompnying you or not accompynig you is your choice
I'm talking about my situation. I am NOT married at the moment. We just INTEND to marry. We chose to do it in Canada.

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
Russian said:
I'm talking about my situation. I am NOT married at the moment. We just INTEND to marry. We chose to do it in Canada.
firstly congratulations for your wedding,

but as per the original question if one is married they have to inform CIC they cant keep it hidden,

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
futurecanadiannew123456 said:
firstly congratulations for your wedding,

but as per the original question if one is married they have to inform CIC they cant keep it hidden,
Thank you buddy!

I fully agree that hiding marriage is misrepresentation.

Jrvasudev

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Russian said:

Hi i had received AOR 4th Sep 2015

Got married on 17th Nov

Last update 05th Feb

Till now its in process

More then 8 months

don't know how much time it will take

Any guess??

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @Russian, great to see you still on this forum. Hope all is well.

Thank you for the invaluable contribution you continue to make to help others despite the fact that you have got your PR already.

In my opinion as you already have your PR you do not need to further disclose anything to IRCC (especially if your fiance is already a Canadian citizen or permanent resident).

Interested to read as to why you feel the need to disclose this after having got PPR (and presumably COPR).

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
Hi @Russian, great to see you still on this forum. Hope all is well.

Thank you for the invaluable contribution you continue to make to help others despite the fact that you have got your PR already.

In my opinion as you already have your PR you do not need to further disclose anything to IRCC (especially if your fiance is already a Canadian citizen or permanent resident).

Interested to read as to why you feel the need to disclose this after having got PPR (and presumably COPR).
Hi bro! I'm glad to share any useful information and it makes me feel happy seeing more people getting PPRs.

My fiance is not Canadian, she only has tourist visa. We have to marry and apply for family sponsorship, so she can get her PR.

We still have a long journey ahead :)

kaizadhans

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20/04/2016
AOR Received.
10/06/2016
Passport Req..
06/12/2016
Jrvasudev said:
Hi i had received AOR 4th Sep 2015

Got married on 17th Nov

Last update 05th Feb

Till now its in process

More then 8 months

don't know how much time it will take

Any guess??
Your timeline seems strange. It shouldn't take this long. Can seniors and experienced members weigh in here please? Even i am planning to marry after Eapr but such cases are holding me back. Please let me know.

Regards,
Kaizad

kaizadhans

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20/04/2016
AOR Received.
10/06/2016
Passport Req..
06/12/2016
Russian said:

Hi Russian bro. If you are saying that this is the safer route and you both can be together then can you tell me that if my girlfriend comes to canada on a tourist visa, and we get married, will she become eligible for a bridge work permit till our application gets processed which would be like almost 20 months or so, or will she have to come back to india?

kaizadhans

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20/04/2016
AOR Received.
10/06/2016
Passport Req..
06/12/2016

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaizadhans said:
Hi Russian bro. If you are saying that this is the safer route and you both can be together then can you tell me that if my girlfriend comes to canada on a tourist visa, and we get married, will she become eligible for a bridge work permit till our application gets processed which would be like almost 20 months or so, or will she have to come back to india?
Hi buddy!

There are two different paths.

You can apply for family sponsorship outside Canada. It is quicker and takes about 6 months for your girlfriend to get a PR. But she cannot work during processing.

Other option is to apply for sponsorship inside Canada. It takes longer (more than a year) but your spouse can get a work permit in this period of application being processed

Hope it helps