Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
rupesh said:
Thank you to all who helped people like me for their queries.

I am sharing my experience - hope it will help to those who are looking for information in this forum.

Tips for Preparing Application

• Do not leave any time gaps in work history, education etc
  • Attach requested documents in application
  • If traveled out of Canada, provide documentation for that if possible, if stamp is not in English translate it
  • Keep school records copy of child/ren

For test

• Read book thoroughly - read notes under pictures displayed on side
  • Practice test online (search forum for more links) - My recommendation (citizenshipcount.ca) it is sufficient for preparing do not buy/spend money for preparing

At test -- All CIC officers are polite and helpful. Test is not stressful -- if you are prepared well. Interview is just normal conversation for testing your English/ French skills.

Again thanks to all who helped me during my process.
hi rupesh,

do you have any other recommended sites to prepare for citizenship test ?

please share.

thanks

canadp

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aplication sent in April 2013

Processing started on July 7

RQ received on Oct 4, sent on Oct

RQ returned Nov 20

Notification to prepare for citizenship exam received Dec 22

We sent you a notice on February 27, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 18, 2014

Exam taken 20/20....between 4 and 6 months for oath, according to immigration official

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try the following on-line practice tests:

http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/

http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

I found that the actual test is in fact easier than the on-line practice ones. So if you do well on your practice, you'll be sailing through on the real test.

When you take the practice tests, make note of your weakness areas (those questions you didn't get correctly) and make a special effort to study the relevant section of your weakness in the "Discover Canada" book.

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontonian2003 said:

I found that the actual test is in fact easier than the on-line practice ones. So if you do well on your practice, you'll be sailing through on the real test.

When you take the practice tests, make note of your weakness areas (those questions you didn't get correctly) and make a special effort to study the relevant section of your weakness in the "Discover Canada" book.
Indeed...I got 100%, but I suspect that one question, the one about the highest mountain in Canada was a lucky guess...Mount Logan, by the way

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
torontonian2003 said:

Thanks buddy.

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have a smartphone or a mobile devide (iPad or equivalent), you can also download "Discover Canada" as an app or an audiofile with the actual text. During my commutes prior to the test, I studied bit by bit on my iPhone.

Another efficient way of doing it if you have time to spare is take a lengthy practice test once, identify your weaknesses (wrong answers), note them down and focus on the chapters/topics in the "Discover Canada" book or app.

And rather than thinking that you're taking an examination, think of it more as educational experience and you'll probably appreciate more why we seek to live here and be a vital part of this country. I think it's more fun that way.

jrseee

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
passed test today. interview was short and simple....was told to wait 2-4 months for the oath. let's see!

jrseee

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have citizenship test on 21st March at 1.30 PM (Scarborough). Do you have any idea, what time I have to reach the test center?

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lilua said:
I have citizenship test on 21st March at 1.30 PM (Scarborough). Do you have any idea, what time I have to reach the test center?
As in be on time? ;)
If you're commuting why not check Google Map directions or the TTC trip planner so you can estimate your travel time.

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bkhan37 said:
Hi everyone,
I'll be eligible to apply for citizenship in July. I'm thinking to apply to the Mississauga office. Any suggestions/guidance would be really appreciated.
Thanks!
You don't just pick your CIC office. Applications are handled first by the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, NS. Where your application gets processed for further review is not your call and is dependent on both your area and the specifics of your case (routine or not)