+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH Applicant for citizenship March , 2017

Audrey2013

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
New update in my ecas:
  1. We sent you a notice on August 15, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 6, 2017 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  2. We sent you a notice on August 16, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 7, 2017 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Montreal2017

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
New update in my ecas:
  1. We sent you a notice on August 15, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 6, 2017 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  2. We sent you a notice on August 16, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 7, 2017 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Updated. Congratulations!!

Reactions: Audrey2013

JVO

Feb 17, 2017
Please update JVO (Son) !

I checked his ecas twice daily since applying in March and finally saw this now! took 5 months.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 3, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 10, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on March 13, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on August 17, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 20, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Montreal2017

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Please update JVO (Son) !

I checked his ecas twice daily since applying in March and finally saw this now! took 5 months.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 3, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 10, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on March 13, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on August 17, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 20, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Updated!

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
New update in my ecas:
this is nice ..no need to wait for the decision and oath letter..goodluck for the test..

Reactions: Audrey2013

RH_Canada

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

my sister had her citizenship test/interview on 20-June-2017. every thing went well and the officer told her to wait for the oath from 3 to 4 month. up until today her status shows (in process). when she called CIC they told her that her file is fulfilled and closed and they need nothing more from her, but the officer is not touching her file !!

did any one experience a similar case? i usually see that people receive DM 1 to 10 days after the interview.

Thanks.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Update.

CIC office: Toronto.
Application sent: March 20, 2017
AOR: March 22
In Process: Apr 26
Test Invite: Aug: 24
Test Date: Sep 25, 2017
Please update the spreadsheet, so that GTA applicants can gauge the timeline.

hungvangg

Mar 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update.

CIC office: Toronto.
Application sent: March 20, 2017
AOR: March 22
In Process: Apr 26
Test Invite: Aug: 24
Test Date: Sep 25, 2017
Please update the spreadsheet, so that GTA applicants can gauge the timeline.
congrats :)

goodigoodi

May 29, 2017
Hi,

my sister had her citizenship test/interview on 20-June-2017. every thing went well and the officer told her to wait for the oath from 3 to 4 month. up until today her status shows (in process). when she called CIC they told her that her file is fulfilled and closed and they need nothing more from her, but the officer is not touching her file !!

did any one experience a similar case? i usually see that people receive DM 1 to 10 days after the interview.

Thanks.
Yes, I have the same issue. I have been DM since a day after the test (May 26) but my wife is still "in process". I called CIC, no clear answer, Still waiting!

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Clarification
Please assist me in understanding the following two questions/portions of the application forms.
G. Addresses in the last 6 years immediately before the application or since you became PR, whichever is more recent?
H. Work and education history in the last 6 years or since you became permanent resident.
Beside above two issues in another place the application form requires us to submit passport information pages for six years.
It is confusing for me as I came to Canada in Feb-2013 and Got PR in Aug-2014. Do I need to mention my living addresses after I got PR or I need to mention addresses of the last six years? If I am required to mention 6 years information then that will include 2012 in which I was outside of Canada.
Thanks for your help in advance.

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Clarification
Please assist me in understanding the following two questions/portions of the application forms.
G. Addresses in the last 6 years immediately before the application or since you became PR, whichever is more recent?
H. Work and education history in the last 6 years or since you became permanent resident.
Beside above two issues in another place the application form requires us to submit passport information pages for six years.
It is confusing for me as I came to Canada in Feb-2013 and Got PR in Aug-2014. Do I need to mention my living addresses after I got PR or I need to mention addresses of the last six years? If I am required to mention 6 years information then that will include 2012 in which I was outside of Canada.
Thanks for your help in advance.
It should be the more recent from either: a) 6 years from today (Aug-2011), or b) since you became PR (Aug-2014). So, the answer is since Aug 2014. But, if this is the date you became PR, how can you be eligible to apply for citizenship? If you are considering Bill C-6, it's not in effect yet and you should wait for the new forms CIC will release.

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
It should be the more recent from either: a) 6 years from today (Aug-2011), or b) since you became PR (Aug-2014). So, the answer is since Aug 2014. But, if this is the date you became PR, how can you be eligible to apply for citizenship? If you are considering Bill C-6, it's not in effect yet and you should wait for the new forms CIC will release.
Thanks for the information. To be on the safe side I will state detail for the last four year, since Feb 2013 (time spent in Canada which they call relevant period) and you are right, I will wait till 6C is implemented.