immietc

Nov 1, 2020
Visitors Visa from India for Brother, Sister-in-Law and nephew:
App Submitted: 2nd March
Biometrics: 7th March
BVL Letter: 25th March
Approved PPR in Portal: 25th March
Awesome, congratulations!

Could you please share list of documents you sent with application to show ties to home country, purpose of travel(and length), proof of funds?

Last edited:
Reactions: msayyad
Aug 9, 2016
Canada Visitor Visa (CAN+) application via Delhi VFS

1. Applied online : 15-March
2. Biometrics Collection Letter : 18-March
3. Biometrics Submission : 21- March

Eligibility and background check in progress. Any information on how long it takes for them to make a decision?

Thanks.

payal8502

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi - Anybody has sent their passport for visa stamping (visitor visa) to the visa office in India recently? How long does it take once you submit the passport to VFS? thanks in advance

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
Hello guys,

I am applying for my brother in Nigeria. Please, I have a question.
Do I need to get a visitor medical insurance for him? Has anyone submitted medical insurance for a visitor's visa application. He will be here for just one month.

Thanks

msayyad

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Atlanta, USA
NOC Code......
Awesome, congratulations!

Could you please share list of documents you sent with application to show ties to home country, purpose of travel(and length), proof of funds?
Thank you, I submitted the following documents
1. Invitation Letter from me inviting to Canada (Mentioning reason for short trip is lack of vacation due to his job in India)
2. Letter of Full Financial Support from me for the travel mentioning my Salary & Current Account Balance.
3. TD Bank summary of assets (My Bank balance in Canada)
4. Brother's India bank account details (6 months)
5. Brother's India Salary Slips (last 3)
6. My Canada Employment letter mentioning my salary in CAD
7. Canada Bank Statement (3 month)
8. My Salary slips (3 months)

Reactions: immietc

Preeti1997

Oct 20, 2023
Hi All,
My brother has applied for Visitor visa on 16th march . On this Tuesday he got two updates in his account . One says we are refusing your application. And it was original passport request in another message. He has sent the passport for stamping . But , in gckey status says refuesd. What does it mean?

Sandy1310

Star Member
Feb 16, 2020
Hello,

I submitted my grandparents' visitor visa application on March 18th. I received an email confirming successful submission on March 19, but there have been no updates since. I'm getting married in the first week of May and I'm quite stressed about whether they'll receive the visa in time. What should I do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Also, could anyone please advise on how we can check the status of the application besides the IRCC portal? Thank you.

Khadeen

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
The visa application for my sister is rejected. Now i am doing some research for which documents i can show next time when i submit application for her.
It depends on who you stated in the invitation letter that will be paying for her trip, if it is you, you are required to show proof of income and possible bank statements. If it is her she needs to show the same as well.

Khadeen

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Hello,

I submitted my grandparents' visitor visa application on March 18th. I received an email confirming successful submission on March 19, but there have been no updates since. I'm getting married in the first week of May and I'm quite stressed about whether they'll receive the visa in time. What should I do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Also, could anyone please advise on how we can check the status of the application besides the IRCC portal? Thank you.
[/QUOT

Unfortunately, you can not do anything other than wait. There is a backlog now. You can o ly check using the IRCC portal

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello All,

Visitor Visa Applied for Sister : 27th March
Bio : Completed 28th March from Previous (2022)
BGC: In progress
Eligibility: Not Started

ssp4194

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hello All,

Visitor Visa Applied for Sister : 27th March
Bio : Completed 28th March from Previous (2022)
Eligibility: Not Started
Hi,

I am also applying visitor visa for my sister. Can you tell me which documents you have submitted in the application?

ShriDataScientist

Sep 27, 2023
Hello All,

Visitor Visa Applied for both parents : 12th March
Bio : Received on 12th March and Completed on 18th March
Eligibility: In progress

Note: I have not shown any family ties in home country (India) as there was no mention of requirement to submit any such document. Also, I have shown parents as farmer / homemaker so not sure what will be outcome :-(

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Current Processing time is 21 days, you may see some updates within next weel

Hello All,

Visitor Visa Applied for both parents : 12th March
Bio : Received on 12th March and Completed on 18th March
Eligibility: In progress

Note: I have not shown any family ties in home country (India) as there was no mention of requirement to submit any such document. Also, I have shown parents as farmer / homemaker so not sure what will be outcome :-(

vishnu_ram

Jan 15, 2024
Hi all,

Visitor Visa Applied for spouse (dual-intent TRV) : 7th March
Bio : 8th March (previous bio records)
Eligibility: Not started
Medical: Not started

Medical is not updated eventhough PR medical is completed. Also, Eligibility status is unchanged for past 3-4 weeks.