+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Ash R

Jul 17, 2018
If they request for the interview, do you have to be physically present in Canada during the interview?

cacubed

Mar 31, 2023
what is the process to get the file moving? Any suggestions?
Unfortunately the process is to “hurry up and wait”. I, and others, have found out that just because some files move quickly doesn’t mean that all files will. IRCC will reach out to you if they need anything. If you’re curious on what, if any, work is happening on your file then search this forum for info on ordering ATIP notes but be warned that they won’t reveal much. Good luck!

Lestad_01

Aug 12, 2019
Well, a little sooner than I expected but I signed into my tracker and see that my oath is now scheduled! A little under 8 months from start to the finish isn’t too shabby!

Admin can you please update the sheet with November 14th as my oath date? Thanks!
What’s your timeline?

usmanshk

Aug 28, 2019
Hi - I was schedule on Nov 23 (update on portal Nov 1). However today it got updated to Nov 27 (updated on tracker on Nov 3). Now on the portal - I can see both dates on the updates. I dont know what is it about? anyone have been in similar situation?

Application history
  • Nov 27, 2023
    Scheduled for Citizenship oath
    Citizenship ceremony

Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on November 27, 2023. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

• Nov 23, 2023
    Scheduled for Citizenship oath
    Citizenship ceremony

Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on November 23, 2023. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Anyone else who had fingerprints done and still waiting for Background Check and Prohibitions to pass.
For my family member, fingerprints were done and received in July by IRCC and Background check and prohibitions are still in progress

Sing4485

Jan 29, 2020
Folks,
Got my Oath invite today , scheduled for November 17th. Below are my timelines.

AOR : March 30
Test taken: June 15
Test updated: June 27
Background check complete: July 7
Language complete : July 20
Prohibitions: Oct 30
Physical Presence: Oct 30
Got oath email: Nov 3

Sep 18, 2023
Unfortunately the process is to “hurry up and wait”. I, and others, have found out that just because some files move quickly doesn’t mean that all files will. IRCC will reach out to you if they need anything. If you’re curious on what, if any, work is happening on your file then search this forum for info on ordering ATIP notes but be warned that they won’t reveal much. Good luck!
I have got My GCMS notes. Nothing is Started as per the Notes. it is assigned to RC-8090 code.

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
I have also same code assigned RC-8090
I am waiting since test completed Green on 20 June.
How about you?
RC-8090 is CPC-Sydney, it is believed that the file assigned to there often goes into a blackhole. Point being, it will take much longer than usual for a forward movement. Mine is there as well, test done July.

Ash R

Jul 17, 2018
RC-8090 is CPC-Sydney, it is believed that the file assigned to there often goes into a blackhole. Point being, it will take much longer than usual for a forward movement. Mine is there as well, test done July.
Not only you, there are number of people who assigned to this assigned code. I know one of my friend is from Halifax, he finished test in April, still waiting.
My process office is Vancouver, I applied from Edmonton. I dont know, how the send to CPC Sydney.
Where you applied from?

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
Not only you, there are number of people who assigned to this assigned code. I know one of my friend is from Halifax, he finished test in April, still waiting.
My process office is Vancouver, I applied from Edmonton. I dont know, how the send to CPC Sydney.
Where you applied from?
Applied from Ottawa, test invite from Niagara office. After test, got transfeerred to CPC Sydney LPP in progress.

ridwanzk

Jan 5, 2017
hello. I applied march 5th 2023 for citizenship. my application is stuck here (image below). What do i do? the processing location is sydney, NS. my application is non routine. I had quite a lot of travel in my lifetime. i also have a running peace bond for uttering threats 2 counts. any advice, suggestion or comment? please help. thanks

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2023
I have applied in MArch 2023 there not even a single moment on my file. Everything is in Not Started status.