+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Same day ghost update for me too. When did you submit your app ? Any news?
My latest update was may 16 on the tracker (GU on may 17, showing may 18). Since then it’s been bubkiss. I know it’s in Scarborough so I’m in for the long haul. *sigh*

kimodz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Hey guys. How do you know which office is treating your file? I'm Calgary applicant and I did my test on May 16th still no update..

GrettaFox

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2020
AOR Received.
22-05-2020
Med's Done....
11-07-2020
LANDED..........
20-03-2021
Hi guys! Just completed my citizenship test. However, when I just opened the test the same moment my MacBook gave a notification about new features of webcam and how iPhone can be used as a webcam. This prompted test to give me a warning about opening tabs. Would anyone know if this will be an issue? I’m stressed as hell right now…

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just took the test. Very easy. Everything from the book. I got 20/20 and barely needed 5 minutes.

The most difficult part is taking a photo of the ID. Make sure you don't have anything producing glare behind your webcam. I have room lights right behind my computer and had to move it because my ID was getting too much exposure while taking the photo. Also, make sure your webcam doesn't have greasy fingerprints which shows up in the photo. I had to retake the ID photo 3-4 times.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Just took the test. Very easy. Everything from the book. I got 20/20 and barely needed 5 minutes.

The most difficult part is taking a photo of the ID. Make sure you don't have anything producing glare behind your webcam. I have room lights right behind my computer and had to move it because my ID was getting too much exposure while taking the photo. Also, make sure your webcam doesn't have greasy fingerprints which shows up in the photo. I had to retake the ID photo 3-4 times.
Do you get names of any leaders or dates o true/ false in test ? @april2014_AINP

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
You can get anything that's part of Discover Canada. If you read the book and take online tests, you'll be fine. Everyone finds the test easier than they expect.
I know about discover Canada book but I’m just asking about test format.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I know about discover Canada book but I’m just asking about test format.

You can read the format here dear https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test.html

What’s on the test
The test shows us what you know about Canada. We’ll ask you 20 questions about the rights and responsibilities of Canadians and Canada’s:

• history
  • geography
  • economy
  • government
  • laws
  • symbols
We base the test questions on the official citizenship study guide: Discover Canada: The Rights and Responsibilities of Citizenship. We don’t use the citizenship test to assess your language skills in English or French.

Taking the test
The test is:

• in English or French
  • 30 minutes long
  • 20 questions
  • multiple-choice and true or false questions
You need to get 15 correct answers to pass the test.

Anything outside this people cannot talk about on this forum, as it is apart of the agreement signed, and as a rule of thumb its important to note you never know if IRCC is watching this forum, it is literally the biggest and most used Canadian immigration tool on the internet so I am sure everyone is just trying to be carful.

READ the book, do the practice stuff you will be fine, the test is made for grade 5 kids it takes 5 min or max 10 min to get 20/20 correct.

Wish you good luck and happy studying!!!!!