+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Xuan9112000

May 2, 2024
Same, I sent to MP yesterday asked her my application exceeded the 8 months processing time, she responded back said the processing time is 14 months and she will follow up end of this month.

she is on crack
Hopefully, MP is useful in this case, I sent emails to different MPs in our province, but Only one of them answered me back... and he said takes 20 business days to update... So end of this month follow up with him again...

NN2024

Apr 2, 2024
Application Filed March 18th
AOR April 4
Test Completed June 18
Background and LPP: Still in Progress!
and I lived in Canada for over 13 years...similarly losing job opportunities over this non sense prolonged process!

• Sad
Reactions: nabd1

vmax12

Jan 15, 2024
Application Filed March 18th
AOR April 4
Test Completed June 18
and I lived in Canada for over 13 years...similarly losing job opportunities over this non sense prolonged process!
You applied March 18th, 2023 ?

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
I called the IRCC today and the agent told me that my Oath has been scheduled but she doesn’t know when, and she also said my LPP is completed! even though LPP still in progress on my tracker.

I’m confused! Can this be true? And she can see updates I don’t see from my side?!
Waiting for LPP since last May!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I called the IRCC today and the agent told me that my Oath has been scheduled but she doesn’t know when, and she also said my LPP is completed! even though LPP still in progress on my tracker.

I’m confused! Can this be true? And she can see updates I don’t see from my side?!
Waiting for LPP since last May!
Yes it could be. Sometimes the tracker goes out of sync with the actual status. You no longer can rely on it and need to wait for emails(oath) or call IRCC to know the latest.

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
Update :

AOR March 29 2023
Test and BG in May 2023

11.5 months complete silent

I sent two emails and one webform last Thursday.

Today I received the Oath email on May 16

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: vmax12

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Update :

AOR March 29 2023
Test and BG in May 2023

11.5 months complete silent

I sent two emails and one webform last Thursday.

Today I received the Oath email on May 16

Good luck everyone!
Congrats. January 2023 applicant here. Can you share which processing office was handling your file? Also who did you send those emails to?

vmax12

Jan 15, 2024
Does anyone write a letter to MP to check a citizenship status, do we need to fill up an authorization form to them ?

jupi_am98

May 2, 2024
Application Filed March 8th
AOR March 24
Test Completed June 13
After 10 years living Canada and paying taxes! Frustrating…Losing several job opportunities just because of this non-sense…
MP just get back to me saying that my application is non-routine and is within security checks with third-parties!
I am wondering why non-routine since there are no No fingerprints request and no Interview invite. Why such long security checks after many years living in Canada.

What is happening on my case is not fair at all.

BTW, MP office said the new 8 months timeframe is for new applications and not for the applications which is under process!!!

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
MP just get back to me saying that my application is non-routine and is within security checks with third-parties!
I am wondering why non-routine since there are no No fingerprints request and no Interview invite. Why such long security checks after many years living in Canada.

What is happening on my case is not fair at all.

BTW, MP office said the new 8 months timeframe is for new applications and not for the applications which is under process!!!
I think your MP office is just telling you whatever IRCC is telling them. Something similar happened to me when IRCC told my MP office that IRCC needs more time to look into my file, when the reality is the GCMS notes showed the tasks either completed or not started. So, how can they know they need more time for something they haven't even started on?

There's no point arguing with your MP's office people, they don't really have any obligations to aggressively push for you. If you got someone in that office who is willing to proactively help you - awesome, but if you don't, that's kind of the expectations.